Cordy Glenn

YoloinOhio

I don't have his stats as far as how many sacks/ pressures he has allowed but does it seem that Glenn is not playing as well this season as he did in 2013? I am not an OL guru but he seems to get beaten a lot. Earlier in the season I thought missing TC and having to account for a revolving door at LG might have affected him but now that LG has stabilized and we are so late in the season and I don't see a ton of improvement. Not really talked about much so am I wrong and he is just as good or was he helped out last year in that all but 1 game he has a QB with some mobility to alleviate some sacks?

Edited by YoloinOhio

It seems like the pass protection has improved over the weeks, but I agree he is not in top form. At the halfway point he was PFF's only green-graded member of the OL but I don't know where everyone stands now.

i think OL is hard to grade for PFF because they don't know the blocking assignments but I guess green is good.

Thinking that part of his regression had to do with Cyril and c Williams next to him most of the season. Tackle/guard really help each other out a lot. The stunts teams were pulling on us earlier were killing us. Still can't believe it took 10 weeks or so to plug Urbik back in

I was just pondering this myself when I clicked onto the site. I was just reading that Gregg Rosenthal from NFL.com had mentioned him as a possible pro bowl selection. My first thought was, "whaaa??? But, consider that he is standing next to rookie Cyril Richardson. and is working to keep one of the least mobile QBs upright. I've had some complaints watching games that he looked slow, letting a defender by, but those are usually blitzing CBs or OLB who are just much faster athletes. And, I'm much less likely to notice when he has contained such athletes.

My bigger question mark is Kujo. Is he getting coached up, or what? Is he a bust? It seemed like he had real potential before turning into, in Marrone's words, "Venus de Milo."

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have his stats as far as how many sacks/ pressures he has allowed but does it seem that Glenn is not playing as well this season as he did in 2013? I am not an OL guru but he seems to get beaten a lot. Earlier in the season I thought missing TC and having to account for a revolving door at LG might have affected him but now that LG has stabilized and we are so late in the season and I don't see a ton of improvement. Not really talked about much so am I wrong and he is just as good or was he helped out last year in that all but 1 game he has a QB with some mobility to alleviate some sacks?

I think the guard play, even with Urbik, has affected him significantly.

Sophomore jinx.

Not really considering it's his third year

He was terrible this game, that's for sure.

He had a bad first half but played better in the second

On another note did Peppers even play today? Don't remember hearing his name at all

Not really considering it's his third year

He had a bad first half but played better in the second

On another note did Peppers even play today? Don't remember hearing his name at all

On one big 3rd and two IIRC, they moved Robert Woods inside to block Julius Peppers of all people, and Woods made a very good block, partially allowing Boobie to pick up 2-3 yards and the first down.

it seem that Glenn is not playing as well this season as he did in 2013?

To my naked eye, he seems to be too heavy. He's got more of a gut/butt than I remember last year when he was 'longer' looking.

It may be robbing him of his footspeed/footwork. He also doesn't seem to display the arm extension that was his biggest asset as a rookie.

Then again, this is the NFL and there is now a 'book' on him.