Is it silly to think Rex Ryan might be our DC next year?

Big Turk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rex will get more looks for another HC job than Schwartz will. Not knocking Schwartz, and I love what he has done in Buffalo, but I don't think he was viewed as a great HC in Detroit, and he had a pretty decent amount of talent at his disposal there. And, lets not lose sight of the fact, as great as the defense has been this season, they were pretty good last year too, with a different DC.

Ryan will likely be fired, Schwartz will likely get at least a few looks at a HC job...

Rex would be a good replacement imho...plus he could play the Pats and show the Jets they screwed up

I don't think Schwartz will get a HC job next season unless he's promoted after a Marrone firing "for consistency".

Rexy can probably get away with blaming the Jet's woes on Idzik, so he may get a HC job next season. Heck, maybe Ryan will replace Marrone! He does know the division well.

Didn't someone say this about Pettine?

Perhaps. Not me. There is a difference, however, as Schwartz has already proven himself to be an inept head coach. Pettine was a hot DC from the Ryan coaching tree. I understand why he got his chance. Also, I'm fairly certain that Pettine was option B or C for Cleveland. JMO.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks