Is it silly to think Rex Ryan might be our DC next year?

Big Turk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really want a loud-mouthed buffoon as DC?

He's not a buffoon...not a muffoon...his players all love him and play hard (usually)What the hell is a buffoon anyhoo ..he's a smart football guy and its painful to watch him take the podium week after week ..plus he dresses a whole lot better than the marrony muffoon

He would be a good tv guy..Id like to see him in a fist fight with Bill Cowher and just kick Jimmy's ass down the stairs.

Buffoon.

noun

1. a clown; a jester.

2. A person giving to clowning and joking.

3. A ludicrous or bumbling person; a fool

of al thee descriptions, (3) fits the best based on post game press conferences

per dictionary. search. yahoo.com

Edited by rumblefish

Buffoon.

noun

1. a clown; a jester.

2. A person giving to clowning and joking.

3. A ludicrous or bumbling person; a fool

of al thee descriptions, (3) fits the best based on post game press conferences

per dictionary. search. yahoo.com

I would humbly submit that Ryan has football genes...he's gone to the playoffs more times than any Bills coach in the past 15-20 years and he has a tat of Mark Sanchez doing the dirty Sanchez on his wife or so Ive been told

If Schwartz leaves and Rex gets fired, Rex will be my choice for the HC. Rex will be able to create a dominating defense here and will hire a seasoned coordinator to run this offense. The offense has talent just not a good coordinator.

rex is a 2-10 HC with a seasoned OC as it is. So you want to fire the 7-5 HC who has opened a can of woop arse on Rex for 3 straight matchups and hire the 2-10 guy?

@MMehtaNYDN: If Rex Ryan doesn't get another head coaching job, he'll opt for TV gig in '15 rather than be D-coordinator, I'm told http://t.co/sVvwGWJTSv

I don't think that Schwartz will get any good HC offers this coming season, although he may get an interview or two with little chance of getting it.

However, if the Bills defense is great next year, too, I could easily see Schwartz being hired in the 2015 off season, partially due to the Gregg Williams Syndrome. Schwartz is an extremely intelligent guy and probably blows the socks off people in interviews. He can probably explain what went wrong in Detroit and convince an owner he is the man for the job. Plus he can probably assemble a top notch staff.

He's not a buffoon...not a muffoon...his players all love him and play hard (usually)What the hell is a buffoon anyhoo ..he's a smart football guy and its painful to watch him take the podium week after week ..plus he dresses a whole lot better than the marrony muffoon

He would be a good tv guy..Id like to see him in a fist fight with Bill Cowher and just kick Jimmy's ass down the stairs.

That seals it for me: If we lost the game, Rex could kick the winning coach's ass. I say again - a buffoon of the first order.

Schwartz will not get a HC job for three reasons. First he was not a very successful head coach. Second, it has been too short a time since his last stint as HC. Third he will not have registered a statistically significant improvement in the D. Last year the D was around 10th and this year's D will finish around 8-20 after facing the leagues top 3 QBs the last quarter. Pettine brought a 30th ranked D into the top 10.

Schwartz will not get a HC job for three reasons. First he was not a very successful head coach. Second, it has been too short a time since his last stint as HC. Third he will not have registered a statistically significant improvement in the D. Last year the D was around 10th and this year's D will finish around 8-20 after facing the leagues top 3 QBs the last quarter. Pettine brought a 30th ranked D into the top 10.

Four reasons: Fourth, Schwartz was replaced by mannequin/humanoid Jim Caldwell--and they got better.....

rex is a 2-10 HC with a seasoned OC as it is. So you want to fire the 7-5 HC who has opened a can of woop arse on Rex for 3 straight matchups and hire the 2-10 guy?

@MMehtaNYDN: If Rex Ryan doesn't get another head coaching job, he'll opt for TV gig in '15 rather than be D-coordinator, I'm told http://t.co/sVvwGWJTSv

That is because the Jets really don't have talent. Their OL is old. They have a washed up RB. Eric Decker has never meshed with the QBs and finally they have no QB.

Actually Schwartz has done a more wonderful job than Pettine. Pettine still had the 28th ranked Run defense. The Bills are top 10 in both against the Run and the Pass and the Pass Rush has not let up. SChwartz has produced same amount of QB pressure without having to Blitz.

That is because the Jets really don't have talent. Their OL is old. They have a washed up RB. Eric Decker has never meshed with the QBs and finally they have no QB.

Actually Schwartz has done a more wonderful job than Pettine. Pettine still had the 28th ranked Run defense. The Bills are top 10 in both against the Run and the Pass and the Pass Rush has not let up. SChwartz has produced same amount of QB pressure without having to Blitz.

This~

I was correct when I thought Pettine would get some looks as a HC last year, and he did get more then looks as the Browns hired him as their new HC. Not to mention that he took a 4-12 team with a lot less talent then the Bills have, and he has his team at 7-5 too. That 7-5 record is the best that franchise has seen since 2007, and previous to that 2002. Pettine has proven to be a decent HC so far.

Schwartz is more knowledgeable at this point in his career, and a better DC then Pettine IMO, as he is clearly doing much better then Pettine did, and without Kiko! Schwartz is able to field a championship like defense without the help of a good offense that can run the ball, control the clock. His defenses are out on the field just as long as Pettine's were, and his results are far better. Putting opponents offense in 3rd and long more often, and less first downs.

In Schwartz's defense of his time in Detroit he did take over a horribly bad 0-16 team and managed to get them to the playoffs in three years. Then I look at their QB, and every year it looks like Matthew Stafford chokes at the end of every season.

Should the Bills not fold like a lawn chair over the next four games, and the defense stays in the top ten. Then I can easily see multiple teams looking at Schwartz for a head coaching job next year.At the cost of losing Schwartz I'd rather see Marrone gone along with JV college OC Hackett. Then promote Schwartz be the next Bills HC just allow him to hire some top assistants like Rex Ryan as DC, Jay Gruden, or Ken Whisenhunt for OC.

Schwartz isn't going anywhere. His perfromance as a HC has been well documented and noted by every team. There would be no reason to hire him as a HC. It would make no sense.

Well, logical argument.......but, as I recall, Bellichek failed as HC of the Browns, and now walks on water w/ the Pats. Go figure!

how much more offensive talent do the Bills have over the jets? Why does anyone think it is so much better? Chris ivory is better than any RB we have. Harvin/decker/Kerley is not much worse than rookie Watkins/woods/Hogan. We do not have a QB or OL either.