$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Exactly. I'd like to see a woman get her balls waxed in Iran.

I'd like to see a gay couple shut down a bakery in Kabul.

Show me a homeless person in Uzbekistan with a cell phone.

But no. It's Americans with a low quality of life.

Y'know, I'm getting pretty effin' tired of people telling me all the reasons this country sucks.

See the source image

30 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Exactly. I'd like to see a woman get her balls waxed in Iran.

I'd like to see a gay couple shut down a bakery in Kabul.

Show me a homeless person in Uzbekistan with a cell phone.

But no. It's Americans with a low quality of life.

Y'know, I'm getting pretty effin' tired of people telling me all the reasons this country sucks.

But you know what the gay couple in Kabul and the homeless guy in Uzbekistan don't have?  Student loan debt.  They're so much better off.  

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But you know what the gay couple in Kabul and the homeless guy in Uzbekistan don't have?  Student loan debt.  They're so much better off.  

They’re also not up all night worrying about pronouns and plastic straws.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Also gives raises to 27 million people and lifts 1.3 million people above the poverty level. 

This is one of the stupidest reasons to raise the minimum wage; and it's being used by every single politician supporting it.

The poverty level is an arbitrary line. It means nothing.

No federal minimum wage hike has ever resulted in less people below the poverty line.

If they give the bottom 27 million a raise, they will still be the bottom 27 million below the average to make up the newly raised poverty line.

Raising the minimum does nothing but increase costs. So we pay the cost of increasing minimum wage by making everyone else's money worth less.

What its does do is hurt those on a fixed income (retirees) who won't get a raise with inflation on their investments.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Simply tie the minimum wage to inflation so that it goes up 3% each year and stop this nonsensical bickering. No, that would be way too logical! What would the left and right argue about for hours on end?

A nationwide federal minimum wage is ridiculous. If we're going to let the federal government decide what is good for everyone than we might just as well get rid of the various states.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Simply tie the minimum wage to inflation so that it goes up 3% each year and stop this nonsensical bickering. No, that would be way too logical! What would the left and right argue about for hours on end?

Which state's inflation are we going to tie it to? That's like creating a national gasoline price.

The left coast inflation rate is on overdrive as they ratchet up more and more entitlement programs.

Liberal states will continue to demand even higher wages while pointing to Conservatives states' low wages.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

A nationwide federal minimum wage is ridiculous. If we're going to let the federal government decide what is good for everyone than we might just as well get rid of the various states.

They haven't even figured out how to do it in the EU where every nation has a different healthcare system and minimum wage.

19 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is big pile of horseschitt. The reason you feel like this is because you're a devout leftist, and as a devout leftist, you're asssssshole deep in entitlement.

The "average quality of life" in America is a hundred times better than the "best quality of life" pretty much, y'know, anywhere in the world. Opportunities are everywhere IF you are willing to do what is required to take advantage of them.

The problem is that in the media-saturated world of risk/reward, kids are taught that they're special just the way they are, and that everyone is equal in intelligence and effort, so it's simply not fair that some people work to earn more than others. Is it any wonder we read about millennials calling their mommy from work because the boss hurt their feelings.

Anyone can become anything in this country. Anyone.

And you know how we know this? Because anyone HAS become anything in this country.

If you're too lazy or stupid to figure this out, fine, but do the rest of the world a favor and STFU with this whole quality of life thing because you literally have no clue what you're whining about. It's just more whining.

1) I am far from a leftist. I just get annoyed when boomers get all high and mighty. Seriously, boomers lived in a world where America did have a better quality of life, relative to the rest of the world, than people do now. Why is it so hard to accept responsibility for failing future generations? Instead, bitching about "muh millenials" is so much easier. 

\/ \/ \/

"How dare people get paid a living wage, it might devalue our pensions and social security, which are currently destroying the economy and wealth of future generations!!!" <--- maybe the gif will help illustrate this situation for you. (Sam Beckett was not a boomer, fyi.)

/\/\/\

giphy.gif

Anyways, we all lift together, and the boomer generation's poop does stink.

Edited by Paulus

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Also puts all small business owners out of business.      Small details ??‍♂️??

This is so important.  A $15 minimum wage causes many problems.  I work for a company that bills NYS medicaid.  We pay our staff between 11.60 (min wage) and 13.10 an hour.  We already can't compete with fast food who has a current min wage of $12.75.  Right now in NYS you can make more flipping burgers than you can taking care of the elderly/sick.  Which job is more important? 

Small businesses can't stay afloat paying competitive wages while charging prices to compete with Amazon, Wal Mart, etc.  Further, this wage is putting a lot of people out of work.  McDs and a lot of fast food places have started using kiosks for ordering, when you go to the store you now check yourself out.  The answer isn't less people more money which is what raising the min wage does.  Further it creates a crunch in the middle.  Someone currently making 15/hour is almost 4 dollars above min wage and lives that lifestyle.  When everyone makes 15/hr they fall to the poverty line. 

Fast food jobs shouldn't be counted on to make a living wage.  There are jobs that are meant to be held by teens/people just entering the work force to gain experience.  If you are 40 and working at McD's you have made some poor life choices.  I support and approve of social welfare programs to help people get on their feet or get through a tough time.  Raising min wage will push a lot more people down than it will lift up.

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, Paulus said:

1) I am far from a leftist. I just get annoyed when boomers get all high and mighty. Seriously, boomers lived in a world where America did have a better quality of life, relative to the rest of the world, than people do now. Why is it so hard to accept responsibility for failing future generations? Instead, bitching about "muh millenials" is so much easier. 

\/ \/ \/

"How dare people get paid a living wage, it might devalue our pensions and social security, which are currently destroying the economy and wealth of future generations!!!" <--- maybe the gif will help illustrate this situation for you. (Sam Beckett was not a boomer, fyi.)

/\/\/\

giphy.gif

Except your occasional posts here belie that. Leftists believe that the government should control things like wages and pensions*. You seem unhappy and need a culprit to blame that on. Good luck.

*Going the way of the doo doo bird

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

1) I am far from a leftist. I just get annoyed when boomers get all high and mighty. Seriously, boomers lived in a world where America did have a better quality of life, relative to the rest of the world, than people do now. Why is it so hard to accept responsibility for failing future generations? Instead, bitching about "muh millenials" is so much easier

\/ \/ \/

/\/\/\

giphy.gif

What's ironic is those boomers complain about millennials not taking personal responsibility and blaming others...exactly what you are doing in this post.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Paulus said:

\/ \/ \/

/\/\/\

giphy.gif

You sure seem like a leftist blaming your woes firmly on someone else.  You got a problem with what us boomers have done then stop your bitching ya punk and ***** fix it! 

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Except your occasional posts here belie that. Leftists believe that the government should control things like wages and pensions*. You seem unhappy and need a culprit to blame that on. Good luck.

*Going the way of the doo doo bird

My liberal friends think I'm too conservative. And, my conservative friends think I'm too liberal. I'm fine with it. I do think a livable wage is fair government regulation of the wealth of this country. People gotta eat, guys. Building a wall to help control wage abuse and the economy would also makes sense.

5 hours ago, Whatnot78 said:

What's ironic is those boomers complain about millennials not taking personal responsibility and blaming others...exactly what you are doing in this post.

Wait, I'm not blaming. I'm pointing out fact. Social security, retirements, and other pension like things all suffer from raising minimum wage. You guys seem to just think poor people will get replace by robots, but boomers will suffer with a $15 min wage. It would be a fairly significant amount of suffering, too. 

On 7/22/2019 at 5:57 PM, IDBillzFan said:

This is big pile of horseschitt. The reason you feel like this is because you're a devout leftist, and as a devout leftist, you're asssssshole deep in entitlement.

The "average quality of life" in America is a hundred times better than the "best quality of life" pretty much, y'know, anywhere in the world. Opportunities are everywhere IF you are willing to do what is required to take advantage of them.

The problem is that in the media-saturated world of risk/reward, kids are taught that they're special just the way they are, and that everyone is equal in intelligence and effort, so it's simply not fair that some people work to earn more than others. Is it any wonder we read about millennials calling their mommy from work because the boss hurt their feelings.

Anyone can become anything in this country. Anyone.

And you know how we know this? Because anyone HAS become anything in this country.

If you're too lazy or stupid to figure this out, fine, but do the rest of the world a favor and STFU with this whole quality of life thing because you literally have no clue what you're whining about. It's just more whining.

I go on vacation and come back and you are an even bigger Richard licker! Congrats! 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Goodbye drive-thru guy.   

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/10/mcdonalds-acquires-ai-company-trying-to-automate-the-drive-thru.html

Can't imagine it's very hard to have a robot flipping burgers either.....

San Fran has a place, called Creator, which goes even further and does the full assembly line. It gets pretty good reviews.

• Thank you (+1) 1