Colin Kaepernick might very well be available this offseason

The Big Cat

No but I watched them both in college & Manuel does not have even close the tools that Kap does. Kap was raw coming out of college but he had some tools that you could work with.

Kaep is faster but there are similiar tools IMO. I lvoed Kaep out of college too. I thought he was Cam Newton JR.

But you can't even argue the situation both came into the league with. EJ missed half of his first camp, had Kolb as his mentor, and had Hackett as an OC/ QB coach. Kaep got to sit behind Alex Smith and come into games in certain situations. He also played with a great oline, running attack, and top 3 defense. Also, Harbaugh is about as good of a QB coach as there is.

To pretend that Manuel and Kaepernick are geting developed the same is flat out wrong. And given that he has taken a chance on guys like McCoy and Gabbert, I bet a guy like Harbaugh would love to work with Manuel. EJ has a lot of work to do but he has been developed by minor leaguers.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This writer thinks that kaepernick can be had for less than a 2nd. If that is the case we should be all over this.

"The 49ers would attempt to trade Kaepernick before releasing him anyway. Kaepernick is having his worst NFL season since becoming a starter and his failure to make significant strides as a pocket passer would impact the type of compensation the 49ers could get for him in a trade. It's hard to imagine the 49ers receiving a draft choice comparable to the second-round pick (36th overall) used to select him even though he still has upside as a quarterback."

http://www.hngn.com/articles/52673/20141212/nfl-rumors-san-francisco-49ers-moving-on-from-colin-kaepernick.htm

Kapernick's contract is pretty team friendly -- particularly when you remove the signing bonus and the $2 million in base each year...

http://deadspin.com/colin-kaepernicks-126-million-contract-is-remarkably-1586520353

if we can do this we should

3 problems with this:

1) He wears Dolphin hats

2) He's overpaid

3) He sucks

yea one bad year, bust!