Offense almost unwatchable....

Unless playing the Jets. Unimaginative play calling and sets. Inaccurate passing and run plays. Converted 2 of 15 third downs (many under 4 yards) and what I saw were bad reads by Orton. Zero first half points. Outside two passes to Gray and a great catch by Woods absolutely nothing!!! No chance vs. Denver, GB or NE if have to rely on the Defense.

Lets not pretend that having Cleveland at home should have been a tough game for the Offense.

Look at some of the winning QB performances this week..... Stafford, Fitz, Rogers, Luck, Sanchez, Peyton, Brees, Ryan.

Really all year this Offense has been well below average (21st passing & 24th rushing).

Edited by Billsfan1972

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be that bad, bro. Look at the scoreboard and the standings.

They're 7-5 thanks to their defense, which scored a touchdown yesterday. Otherwise the offense had a whopping 19 points and 287 yards. It's subpar and so is the play calling.

Edited by Heisenberg

They're 7-5 thanks to their defense, which scored a touchdown yesterday. Otherwise the offense had a whopping 19 points and 287 yards. It's subpar and so is the play calling.

Right, because the O is supposed to score 40+ and rack up 500 yards of offense each and every week. Man, if they did that, they would be 12-0, but they are only 7-5, what's wrong with them, they should know that. But just totally ignore and forget the fact that their opponents defenses have been pretty good and doing all they can to stop the Bills O. Who knew the opposing defense was just supposed to lay down and let the Bills O do what ever they wanted.

I just don't get it. The Bills have a glaring talent deficit in the very middle of their offense, and in spite of this, they are 7 and 5. This team has nothing at the QB position and yet here we are, tuning in and hoping for miracles. Enjoy it while it lasts. If they can somehow reach 10 and 6, and I don't care how ugly it looks, it would give hope to the hopeless. I think that the Bills have the Broncos kryptonite, and Manning gets physically pummeled until benched in the 4th quarter. The Broncos defense is a paper tiger and goes as Manning goes. When the going gets tough, their pass rush goes to sleep.

I can't believe nobody's brought this up yet.

Hackett has Orton producing right where he should be: bottom 10. Therefore Hackett sucks.

Let's just cut to the chase. As the QB goes, so to does this fan base's perception of the OC. And yesterday Orton was AWFUL.

Edited by The Big Cat

There is almost no way with this offense and the way they approach games that the Bills can compete against NE,Denver & GB. I watch the play calling, the offensive sets and decision making and it has been awful. They are not that bad imo, but they have to come out and be more aggressive and innovative.

Wen was the last time you saw a catch and run over the middle to a wide receiver. They caught Cleveland yesterday on the Gray third down pass and Fred Jackson barely got 1 yard on their other third down make.

Yep great to have a winning record in December (how sad expectations are), but the games are not fun to watch when you are hoping the defense gets the ball back.

Edited by Billsfan1972

I truly believe that given this qb situation, tbere is only so much you can reasonably expect. That said, Hackett is like the Dave Wannstedt of OC's. A change to a competent OC who knows how to use the talent he has at hand, and not scheme as if all his players were equal in talent, would have this team in the playoffs. It would be like going from Wannstedt to Pettine.

Hackett has Orton producing right where he should be: bottom 10. Therefore Hackett sucks.

Let's just cut to the chase. As the QB goes, so to does this fan base's perception of the OC. And yesterday Orton was AWFUL.

In addition, the OL is not doing much for opening holes in the run game. Maybe a few reverses, sweeps would help keep the opposing defenses honest . But the first half yesterday was brutal. I was sitting smirking all the time watching the overall ineptitude of the O and the lack of accuracy on Orton's part. In fact, I was wondering if Orton is adding something meaningful than what EJ was doing. It is ofcourse up for debate (not that it hasn't a million times already) but I think the team has to treat Orton as if he is a rookie - play great defense and let Orton make enough plays to keep the game competitive.

It certainly starts with the QB. Hacket's offensive game planning and calls look much better when Orton is actually hitting targets. The past several weeks, he has been awful, settling right back to his level. That said, I continue to be perplexed by the insistence on power running formations that have not worked all year. I am also unimpressed with Hacket's ability to adjust as the game move along.

Shhhhhh.... Don't tell Chip Kelly. He apparently doesn't know his offense shouldn't be averaging almost 35 points a game with Mark Sanchez as his QB....

I sense teams are treating Orton like Fitz in Galley's offense. Sit on the short routes and dare him to beat them deep. He has no time to let deep routes evolve so he dumps it off to checkdown. The throw to Chandler for 1 yard in the middle of the field at the end of the first half may have been the dumbest two minute offense play I have seen by a non high school team. Offense has to be better next 4 weeks.

And yet, at halftime, Fred had 5 carries and Orton had 18 pass attempts... Vs the browns and their 29th ranked run defense, 8th ranked pass D.. Nice gameplan fellas. Attack their strength. Same shiite, different day. Wake up Nate.

Right, because the O is supposed to score 40+ and rack up 500 yards of offense each and every week. Man, if they did that, they would be 12-0, but they are only 7-5, what's wrong with them, they should know that. But just totally ignore and forget the fact that their opponents defenses have been pretty good and doing all they can to stop the Bills O. Who knew the opposing defense was just supposed to lay down and let the Bills O do what ever they wanted.

The O is at the bottom of the league and 1st downs and RedZone scoring. They're bad. Look it up.