Johnny Football. Meet the Meatball.

YoloinOhio

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was outside the pocket and the ball had already been fumbled...I believe both negate intentional grounding.

It was ruled a pass not a fumble. Even though he was out of pocket it didn't make the line of scrimmage and no one was around

It was ruled a pass not a fumble. Even though he was out of pocket it didn't make the line of scrimmage and no one was around

No, I'm saying that because he technically fumbled the snap (it hit him in the thigh) that it negates the IG rule (I think).

I also believe that, if it technically was a forward pass, they may have ruled that it was batted by Kyle.

No, I'm saying that because he technically fumbled the snap (it hit him in the thigh) that it negates the IG rule (I think).

I also believe that, if it technically was a forward pass, they may have ruled that it was batted by Kyle.

Could be right, I don't think bad snap negates the grounding but tipped pass prob does...

Could be right, I don't think bad snap negates the grounding but tipped pass prob does...

I'm not 100% on that...if I get a minute I'll look up the rule and report back...

EDIT:

Okay, I found the answer:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/11_Rule8_ForwardPass_BackPass_Fumble.pdf

Relevant text is under Section 2 (Intentional Grounding), Article 1, Item 2, "Physical Contact".

Basically, if the QB initiates a throwing motion toward an eligible receiver, and the throw is altered by contact with another player, it's NOT IG.

Edited by thebandit27

Can't believe that there is no one in is camp that can or will tell him to get it together. So much talent. Glad that they didn't make the change earlier in the game. Having said that, Yeah, he had fresh legs, but as a debut? Pretty impressive. He has a bright future IF someone can screw his head on properly. We did what we needed to do, and am impressed that we moved beyond the annual folding. Love this team. Love that we made Pettine a non issue. Just saying, Manziel could be around for quite some time.

NOPE

On someones bench. (reminds of V YOUNG,,big hype, produced a lil early on, and then pooooooh)

Soooo upset that touchdown didn't stand. Certainly no evidence to reverse the call, and everything about the play screamed legit fumble/TD. Really wanted a Manziel low light on SC tonight.

Him laying on his back with his hands together across his chest is really really funny! Its OK, the call was reversed n BS, but we win!

I believe a tipped pass was still called two weeks ago for intentional grounding. I forget which team it was. I wanna say either GB or Seattle. It came up when we took the safety against Miami I believe.

I agree with the poster that the refs stole important stats away from our D. Those stats do add up in terms of intimidation factor and are real. With the Manziel turnover counting we could have benched 4 QBs. Smith Vick Hoyer and Manziel. Manziel may get a start only because the turnover was taken away.

Wasn't it so much fun to see Kyle just give him a shove to knock him on his ass. He had the right to lay into him on a legal hit, but he didn't want to have any reason for a roughing the passer call. Too bad on the wimpification of the NFL. I believe in safety and glad they are improving on the concussion issues, but JM going backwards close to the endzone would have been prime for Kyle to just drop a shoulder, lay him out and find out what an athletic 300 lb man feels like giving him something to remember next week if he starts.

I believe a tipped pass was still called two weeks ago for intentional grounding. I forget which team it was. I wanna say either GB or Seattle. It came up when we took the safety against Miami I believe.

See... there is no consistency with these calls. It is maddening.

How to know that the ball was being tucked and not thrown? The ball is chest high, pointing toward the sideline and in his hand when it comes out! No QB releases a pass from there. He held on to it way past any realistic point of release because he was tucking it.

And those two throws by RF in 2012 where he lost his grip during the forward throwing motion (first one in Cle second was a home game) and managed to propel the ball 15+ yards down field were ruled fumbles without any contact from a defender. Violation of basic Newtonian physics.

B3vhkvuIYAI2zyz.jpg

LOVE THIS PIC !

if no one knows this little known fact, # 95 has been my favorite player for ever.

i was just laughing at how he played this.

thats what I don't get... Why would he not try to recover the live ball??

He thought he had died I guess. it was just the sight of Kyle looking all goofy with his helmet askew and the crazy eyes bearing down on him.

i did not notice if his pad soaked up the pee stain. i was laughing so hard

LOVE THIS PIC !

if no one knows this little known fact, # 95 has been my favorite player for ever.

i was just laughing at how he played this.

He thought he had died I guess. it was just the sight of Kyle looking all goofy with his helmet askew and the crazy eyes bearing down on him.

i did not notice if his pad soaked up the pee stain. i was laughing so hard

KW looked liked retired wrestler Ox Baker giving Manziel a heart punch.

Doesn't it have to go either way?

It's the Bills. It could have gone a third way. Here's what I picture. They say the bills touched the ball last, didn't have full possession for a TD but JUST enough possession for a fumble (new rule on the spot) which means we fumbled it through the back of the endzone. Touchback. Cleveland ball at the 20, 1st Down.