Who wants to apologize to Danny Crossman?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than apologize to Crossman, you can thank Mr. Doug Whaley for bringing in excellent ST players. Oh wait...doug should be fired. I forgot.

Im still waiting to see what Crossman does when he doesnt have top tier talent. getting very good play out of very good players is definitely nice, and not to be ignored - but after a decade of his poor coaching, im still not jumping on his bandwagon yet.

I don't want to apologize to Crossman.

I do what to apologize to Marrone and Whaley. When they said we need "core special teams players" I thought that was the stupidest thing I ever heard.

I now apologize and stand corrected.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Certainly not me...when the pitchforks were out for Crossman last year, I was among those that believed a lack of whole-roster talent was the primary culprit. Now that the talent level of the roster is significantly higher, depth is greater, and therefore better players are populating STs.

It shows.

I do what to apologize to Marrone and Whaley. When they said we need "core special teams players" I thought that was the stupidest thing I ever heard.

Yeah, I think this is pretty fair. I'm not certain if it is Crossman, but the "core special teamers" comment was curious, and I was worried it meant we would be making game day inactive guys we need on offense or defense, just to keep a gunner active, but I think the signing of Boobie has really helped bridge both holes. He is not a GOOD RB, but he is an effective Rb#3/ short yardage guy, and stud Special teamer, so we're not shorting the O. And I don't know what Lawson's stats are, and don't care, because I feel that he has been VERY good and VERY VERY underrated on this roster, a glue guy, filling a half dozen needs. If Mario or Hughes go down, it's not good, but we're not dead in the water, because I think Lawson can set the edge well. Not as good a pass rusher/edge bender, but we'll be OK.

Im still waiting to see what Crossman does when he doesnt have top tier talent. getting very good play out of very good players is definitely nice, and not to be ignored - but after a decade of his poor coaching, im still not jumping on his bandwagon yet.

I am apologizing because I thought he would be terrible even after we added the 6 "core" ST players.

I'll apologize to Crossman because his record made it look like he was a terrible coach. Now we know that Powell/Moorman and a general lack of ST talent last year were really the culprits. Not all coaches can make chicken salad out of chicken ****, but it's good to know that he doesn't make chicken **** out of chicken salad. Pump it up Ronnie Jones was the master of that skill. Welcome to Buffalo Daniel.

I'll apologize to Crossman because his record made it look like he was a terrible coach. Now we know that Powell/Moorman and a general lack of ST talent last year were really the culprits. Not all coaches can make chicken salad out of chicken ****, but it's good to know that he doesn't make chicken **** out of chicken salad. Pump it up Ronnie Jones was the master of that skill. Welcome to Buffalo Daniel.

Ditto.

Sorry Danny.

Did you ever think that maybe his "career" of poor coaching was due to bad players. From what I recall reading he did have a couple good years, they weren't all bad . Maybe the moral of the whole thing is doesn't matter who the coach is, you need the players first.

Did you ever think that maybe his "career" of poor coaching was due to bad players. From what I recall reading he did have a couple good years, they weren't all bad . Maybe the moral of the whole thing is doesn't matter who the coach is, you need the players first.

that across 3 teams and 10 years this is the first time hes been higher than like 29th outside of his first season in carolina and first in detroit -- yea, i think he has more than half a season with an excellent squad needed to prove his chops. ive seen a lot of him at both his other stops, as well as last year. im not just pulling up rankings, im using the eye test that showed players as undisciplined and situationally unaware - not guys being slow, or simply missing tackles. maybe he was screwed with a bottom 3 roster 8 out of his last 10 years (or whatever the exact count is) and they ignored his instructions on how to handle plays based on game situations but im guessing he shares some of the blame.

surely you need players, but coaches are there for a reason and have a job to do too. was leodis freelancing and ignoring instruction, or did the coach not get with him before that late return a couple weeks ago that burned clock, for instance? did dixon trucking his blocker mean crossman did a great job? like i said, hes done well with a good unit and thats not to be ignored but im not jumping on the bandwagon yet.

Edited by NoSaint

I confess :worthy: . . . by the way, Easley looked superb on Monday