Who wants to apologize to Danny Crossman?

YoloinOhio

The call for that kind of kick was simply nonsensical and inexplicable. dunno.gif

if they have 2 of the fastest guys out there hit the guy/guys directly across from the kicker with authority, maybe you have a chance? as it was, it was a textbook "surprise" kick, which doesnt work when the receiving team isnt surprised by the fact that you are kicking onside.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they have 2 of the fastest guys out there hit the guy/guys directly across from the kicker with authority, maybe you have a chance? as it was, it was a textbook "surprise" kick, which doesnt work when the receiving team isnt surprised by the fact that you are kicking onside.

Marcus Thigpen's decision making with regard to when to field punts was poor yesterday as well. You'd think these situations would have been discussed such that the player knows how to react in game situations.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Marcus Thigpen's decision making with regard to when to field punts were poor yesterday as well. You'd think these situations would have been discussed such that the player knows how to react.

thats something that i noticed in his returners in the past too (im talking long term - pre bills) --- game awareness wasnt particularly high for them. youd think that would be a player he would want to be very in sync with.

I dont care who kicks the onside..such a long shot play at that point, more luck than anything else if you recover.

more than i dont care, ill say i dont know who the better choice was. but there are guys that are better than others. and styles that are better than others. its mostly luck, but you can help your odds.