Franchise Sack Record

Stevie Johnson's dead money will be gone next year too. I honestly think Pegula will shell out the money and pay ALL of these guys. We'll definitely have the cap space for it.

One of the few perks of not having an expensive, franchise QB.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown is looking like he has the potential to be Brandon Spikes Plus. He was billed as strictly a heavy MLB like Spikes, but his coverage skills have been surprisingly impressive enough to make him a 3-down LB, unlike Spikes. He could very well turn into a much better MLB than Spikes is, which is awesome because he's younger and locked into Buffalo for years.

Bradham - Brown - Alonso

Hughes - Dareus - K. Williams - M. Williams

^Will be the best front 7 in the league next year imo

It would stink if they can't resign Hughes, but I would rather not overpay for him. A lot of his sacks come as a result of other players getting double teamed. I don't think he gets as many sacks if he is the featured pass rusher on another team.

I don't know about that...he beats his man fairly regularly and is relentless in pursuit...plus he is also going against the other teams best pass blocker every play...

We also need to focus on keeping the Schwartz.

Lotta mofos may be losing their jobs on black monday... Don't think for a second that somebody hasn't got him in their sights...This guy has our D overachieving, IMWO. With Kiko back, it'll be open seaon on QB's. -And we'll bag the limit every time.

We also need to focus on keeping the Schwartz.

Lotta mofos may be losing their jobs on black monday... Don't think for a second that somebody hasn't got him in their sights...This guy has our D overachieving, IMWO. With Kiko back, it'll be open seaon on QB's. -And we'll bag the limit every time.

The biggest thing that stops me jumping fully on the Fire Marrone bandwaggon is I think that would cost us Schwartz. He might not be a great Head Coach but I believe him to be a top drawer coordinator. I've said all year I think he is a bit of what the Atlanta Falcons need and keep in mind their GM is an old buddy from Belichick's old Cleveland staff.... I worry about that vacancy in particular with Schwartz.

restructure does not mean reduction necessarily.

Might be converting some salary to bonus to get some cap room.

salary around 12M for each the next three years...depending on cap needs some of that can be converted to bonus if you need the room

and i think less than 10% chance Spikes is back here next year if you want Hughes too.

This was my thought. A lot of time you can give the player more cash guaranteed and cut down your cap number at the same time. Win win

Was just checking defensive stats. After last night's game the Bills are not only leading the league in sacks, they are also in 4th place in the total defense category, 5th in passing defense, 8th in rushing defense, 5th in interceptions. What's amazing to me is that they are tied for last place with several teams in scoring at 0pts.

Stat I don't like is the defense is in 19th place in total pts/game.

Edited by Rockinon

The Bills of the 1990s seemed to always be having their contracts restructured, willingly. That helped keep the core

of those teams together for so long. Hope the current players can think along the same lines.

When you hear restructured, it's very often not a pay cut for a player but instead getting paid early.

After Hughes, other young players coming up include Searcy, Hogan, Easely, Wynn, Bryant, and Hairston. It would be good if they can retain them, and I list them in order of importance if they can't keep all.

Other UFAs of note include Spikes, Pears, Summers, and Lee Smith. I don't know that losing any of this group would matter much.

I believe the Bills have a lot of dead money freed up this off season from Fitz and Stevie, so I think the money is there to offer Hughes. It would help if Mario restructures to give them $ the following year for Dareus.

The only thing I can see as why this might be true, is the fact that this defense is playing together for one more year. There weren't many changes. None in the DLine. These guys are just playing well together and needed time to gem to their full potential.

Did you forget the player who was too lazy to work in offseason after new contract and was cut and now playing in New England?

The Bills did good work finding depth for the DL.