Franchise Sack Record

Was just checking defensive stats. After last night's game the Bills are not only leading the league in sacks, they are also in 4th place in the total defense category, 5th in passing defense, 8th in rushing defense, 5th in interceptions. What's amazing to me is that they are tied for last place with several teams in scoring at 0pts.

Stat I don't like is the defense is in 19th place in total pts/game.

Not sure where your last stat is from but it is not correct. The full accurate breakdown of the defensive stats is:

Total Y/PG - 312.2 - 4th

Pass Y/PG - 213.8 - 5th

Rush Y/PG - 98.4 - 8th

Total Pts/PG - 18.8 - 4th

3rd down % - 34% - 1st

Sacks - 46 - 1st

INTs - 13 - T5th

Forced Fumbles Rec - 9 - T5th

That is an all round excellent defensive performance to this point.

EDIT: I do know where you last stat is from... our OFFENSE is 19th in total pts/PG. You must have been looking at the wrong thing.

Edited by GunnerBill

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I expect there will be a bit of a drop off in the last 4 weeks. But nobody really stops those Quarterbacks. All you are looking to do against them is restrcit them sufficiently to keep your offense in the game. If you hold Manning, Rodgers and Brady to 25 points you give yourself a chance to win a football game. Then you offense has to execute. I believe our defense can hold up its end of the bargain... not sure the offense can.

Not sure where your last stat is from but it is not correct. The full accurate breakdown of the defensive stats is:

Total Y/PG - 312.2 - 4th

Pass Y/PG - 213.8 - 5th

Rush Y/PG - 98.4 - 8th

Total Pts/PG - 18.8 - 4th

3rd down % - 34% - 1st

Sacks - 46 - 1st

INTs - 13 - T5th

Forced Fumbles Rec - 9 - T5th

That is an all round excellent defensive performance to this point.

EDIT: I do know where you last stat is from... our OFFENSE is 19th in total pts/PG. You must have been looking at the wrong thing.

Stats come right from the team stats page of NFL.com.....right. Edited by Rockinon

yea. I just went back and looked. Actually 19th for the offense is better than I thought.

I was surprised last night when they said before that game we were 9th in red zone attempts (last in redzone touchdowns). Now that isn't all on the offense moving the ball.... our D and special teams have given them a lot of short fields to work with but it still shows if we could just finish down there....

seriously. Wtf are you talking about?

Alan Branch. He was on the roster last year

Signed an extension

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/DL-Alan-Branch-signs-extension-with-Bills/72db05dd-5f02-4b23-828b-cc5d75f28094?campaign=tw_buf_article

but failed to show up for workouts and was out of shape

Was cut after DUI but already was falling on depth chart:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24677702/police-bills-dt-alan-branch-charged-with-dui-after-vomiting-out-of-car

Signed by Patriots*

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20141029-patriots-make-alan-branch-signing-official.ece

Enough context for you now? Figured anyone following Bills new about Branch.

It would stink if they can't resign Hughes, but I would rather not overpay for him. A lot of his sacks come as a result of other players getting double teamed. I don't think he gets as many sacks if he is the featured pass rusher on another team.

Agreed. I would imagine he will be gone. Someone will give him 10 mil per year. Bills are not doing that.

Agreed. I would imagine he will be gone. Someone will give him 10 mil per year. Bills are not doing that.

I know I've been told before by one of our cap savvy posters that frontloading makes no difference (I'm not sure I understand it) but why couldn't we do a deal at $14million in year 1 and then $8million per year for years 2, 3 and 4? That frontloads next year when there is some space before some of those younger guys we want to keep come to the end of their rookie deals.

Kyle is 31

Mario 29

Jerry 26

Marcell 24

Those ages are nicely spread so we should be able to phase them out 1 by one rather than the whole line getting old at the same time. Keep these guys together Terry - PAY THE MAN.

Alan Branch. He was on the roster last year

Signed an extension

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/DL-Alan-Branch-signs-extension-with-Bills/72db05dd-5f02-4b23-828b-cc5d75f28094?campaign=tw_buf_article

but failed to show up for workouts and was out of shape

Was cut after DUI but already was falling on depth chart:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24677702/police-bills-dt-alan-branch-charged-with-dui-after-vomiting-out-of-car

Signed by Patriots*

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20141029-patriots-make-alan-branch-signing-official.ece

Enough context for you now? Figured anyone following Bills new about Branch.

yeah, um...

I forgot about the guy that really wasn't all that good. Why is it that Wynn and Charles are playing well here too? Maybe because the rest of the DLine is dominant so when they get in there, they reap the rewards.

If it was so easy to figure out, why didn't you just say Alan Branch??? It's not illegal to say the name of a guy that was cut you know.

restructure does not mean reduction necessarily.

Might be converting some salary to bonus to get some cap room.

salary around 12M for each the next three years...depending on cap needs some of that can be converted to bonus if you need the room

and i think less than 10% chance Spikes is back here next year if you want Hughes too.

Well, I am wondering about the role Pepper Johnson is playing in Brown's rapid development.....I think Pepper is going to make the call regarding the need to resign Spikes. I like spikes, a veteran presence and he delivers on the field. Not as bad in coverage as his reputation btw...and a real run plugger. Going to be hard to tweek the D to a better place in 2015......its already good. We do want the DL intact, though. Resign hughs/Darieus in consequetive years.