Marrone playing the sympathy card

Niagara Dude

Lets make it clear I do not like this coach and either he wins games or fire him and if you like seeing your coach punting on fourth down in the 4th quarter down two scores then lets give him the sympathy card.

Marrone was voted the 31th best coach in the league at the start of this year, sounds about right and number 32 was fired.

Ith he really thirty firth?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pettine's not better than Marrone?

His TEAM certainly looks better than the Bills at the moment.

Oh boy. Perhaps you missed the stat I posted earlier of them having the 15th hardest Strength of schedule in the conference and 30th in league compared to the 3rd hardest in the conference and 7th hardest in the league for the Bills?!?!

Certainly they look much better. How many Browns games have you watched this year? Did you catch the game against the powerhouse that is the Jags? Or are you purely looking at records ignoring the fact that they get to play the NFC South which is atrocious this year? The Browns have 1 win against teams with a winning record. As I posted earlier they have only played 4 games all year against teams with a winning record! They lost to the JAGS! The 1 and 10 JAGS, they lost 23-7 to the Texans and Ryan Mallett, but yes they look much better :rolleyes: .

Cut everyone on this talentless team and let Marrone and Hackett build the team they want it!!!

Not even close to what I'm saying. Improve the O-line and get a quality qb is what I am saying. The rb situation is what it is and I think Whaley actually did a very good job protecting against the worst case scenario that the injuries to Fred and CJ was. The talent on the offensive side of the ball is bottom of the league quality and the stats that you lean on reflect that.

For those who think Marrone is a good coach and deserves another year all i say is this is a results league either you win or you are out.Conservative coaching is coaching games not to lose, i want a coach who plays to win.At least Chan got the best out of very little talent they had on offence, his problem was having a dummy as DC.

So Chan gets the excuse of DC but Marrone gets no benefit for his OC? Am I reading this correctly? Also do you think that Marrone is not playing to win? C'mon man...

It's a miracle Cleveland is winning football games the way they are -- and yes, Mike Pettine's game management yesterday was atrocious. He was only outdone by Mike Smith.

It is an interesting exercise to watch NFL games when the Bills aren't playing; many of my criticisms of Marrone seem to pale in comparison to some of the stuff I see. I think we all get too close to the situation to see the big picture.

Just going to drop this here as I think it sums up nicely what I have been trying to say. Watch other games and you will see many of the same issues if not worse problems when watching other teams. Nobody in football, players or coaches, are perfect.

I would also say that this is what separates the great coaches from the so-so ones

Great coaches (like Belichick) have their players prepared for every situation. Mediocre coaches (like John Fox) have teams that commit stupid penalties and shoot themselves in the foot week in and week out.

The difference between Fox and Marrone is that Fox's team is stacked with talent at almost every position, so the talent can overcome his awful coaching decisions. Our #2 WR would be on the bench in Denver even when they go 4WR.

There are VERY FEW truly great coaches in the game. It's actually pretty surprising how terrible most head coaches are at timeouts, challenges, when to go for 2, when to go for it on 4th down, and getting players to understand key situations in games.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Funny. We all lamented the Bills willingness to give up a home game for a neutral field in Toronto, and we had to stomach the lameness of the Bills saying it didn't matter. For once, we get the truth about the loss of home field at a neutral site, and Maroon is accused of playing the sympathy card. I don't get it.

Marrone is a second year NFL head Coach.

It shows.

I am fine with that. as far as i am concerned he had a two year plan. he found hat it hasn't worked as well as hoped (offense). lets see what he does till the end of the season with the Team.

appalled. ? Hardly.

Seems like Marrone is playing the sympathy card about being at a disadvantage with the winter storm this week and not playing at home.This guy will do anything to keep his job but win games, hey Marrone maybe if you did not lose big games at home this year against San Diego/NE and KC fans & the media would have given you a pass on this one.If you want to know more about this loser then goggle SYRACUSE FOOTBALL in 2012. Everything fans are complaining about now about Marrone Syracuse fans were complaining back then.

Good post, time to eat crow.

And if we don't? All credit be to him?

Yep. Doug is the reason we beat the 2-9 jets. He deserves an extension. He's a great coach. No question. Can't believe I ever wanted him to get fired and replaced with a good coach....