Marrone playing the sympathy card

Niagara Dude

Gailey got to hire a second dc and also got 3 years. Why doesn't Marrone get the same? Especially considering his first year equaled Gailey's best year.

40 posts half of which are in this thread. Obvious troll is obvious. Did Marrone sleep with your wife? No there is no way you have one.... Did Marrone run over your dog?

Do you honestly believe Gailey had more talent to work with that Marrone? Who has gotten better on our offense?

Again, Gailey's specialty was offense and he helped guys like Stevie Johnson, Fitz, Nelson, Chandler, Levitre, Urbik, Spiller become legit players in the NFL. Who has this current staff done that with on offense?

If we finish 8-8 then we have the best coach Buffalo has seen in a decade. FIRED! Go get 'em Dougie!!

She's the least fat girl I've sleep with so I should marry her. Buffalo Bills standards! :)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gailey got to hire a second dc and also got 3 years. Why doesn't Marrone get the same? Especially considering his first year equaled Gailey's best year.

40 posts half of which are in this thread. Obvious troll is obvious. Did Marrone sleep with your wife? No there is no way you have one.... Did Marrone run over your dog?

Are you happy with the Bills current record?

And that's why Gailey got fired because he couldn't hire a good DC. Marrone couldn't hire a good OC so it should cost him his job. And the fact that defense is good now under 2 different DCs is more of an indictation of how bad Wanny truly was. This defense is loaded.

Except you keep choosing to ignore the fact that the OC has receivers running wide open all over the field and dialed up a run for 15 yards and a TD only to have it stripped away in a game decided by less than six points. You keep making the argument that the OC's scheme is to blame when I repeatedly give you examples of how the scheme has been good enough to set them up to succeed and the players have found a way to !@#$ it up.

So, no. Sorry.

Your comparison of Hackett to ANY of the blowjobs who tried to serve as DC under Gailey is horribly off the mark. Hackett is a relative GENIUS compared to those nitwits.

We were 5-5 in 2008 AND 2011 and then went on losing streaks to play ourselves out of it. We appear to be doing the same this year. That's why. I know those years have nothing to do with this year, but we have blown the last 2 games which is not promising.

You answered yourself directly in your own comment. None of the coaches are the same and what 4 players are the same? Other than the jersey they have nothing to do with each other.

Well, except for the Patsies, Chargers, and second Fish game.

Honestly I don't see much difference between this team and the last 10 or so. Lose a lot of close games. Strong on one side of the ball, extremely weak on the other. Players have played hard for every coach, big deal.

Not so sure 11-15 over the past 2 years and 5-5 is "respectable". 9-7 would be respectable.

Strong on one side of the ball?!?! What teams save for the early 2000 defenses have been strong? The Bills have been weak on both sides of the ball for a long time. 6-10 followed up by 5-5 (we shall see where it goes) yes does bring us back to respectability. Every time they show the playoff picture and the Bills are listed there it shows well for the team.

Ask yourself this. Are the Bills playing above, below, or at your expectations? Before the season what did you have this team pegged at being? This is pretty darn close to what I thought. I expected losses to NE, SD, KC, DET, and CHI. Possibly even a split with MIA. So I was looking at 5-5, 4-6 at this point. What about you?

Yea because that is something to be proud of. "Hey we are not last"

This year was said to have the most talent we have had in a long time. What gives?

That's been my point this whole time. We're not in last, we're not the worst, stop acting as if we are. Again, if even half the posters in this thread spent ANY time following other teams they'd see how ludicrous their hyperbole about this team is.

Do you honestly believe Gailey had more talent to work with that Marrone? Who has gotten better on our offense?

Again, Gailey's specialty was offense and he helped guys like Stevie Johnson, Fitz, Nelson, Chandler, Levitre, Urbik, Spiller become legit players in the NFL. Who has this current staff done that with on offense?

She's the least fat girl I've sleep with so I should marry her. Buffalo Bills standards! :)

Dude, enough with the retrospect Gailey worship. That offense wasn't that good. It never cracked the top 15 and barely cracked the top 20 in its best years.

Except you keep choosing to ignore the fact that the OC has receivers running wide open all over the field and dialed up a run for 15 yards and a TD only to have it stripped away in a game decided by less than six points. You keep making the argument that the OC's scheme is to blame when I repeatedly give you examples of how the scheme has been good enough to set them up to succeed and the players have found a way to !@#$ it up.

So, no. Sorry.

Your comparison of Hackett to ANY of the blowjobs who tried to serve as DC under Gailey is horribly off the mark. Hackett is a relative GENIUS compared to those nitwits.

You are right. The coaches have no blame. They are good enough to "Not be last"

Are you happy with the Bills current record?

from my post....

Ask yourself this. Are the Bills playing above, below, or at your expectations? Before the season what did you have this team pegged at being? This is pretty darn close to what I thought. I expected losses to NE, SD, KC, DET, and CHI. Possibly even a split with MIA. So I was looking at 5-5, 4-6 at this point. What about you?

So answer. What were you expecting before the year?

from my post....

Four wins was the average of what people expected.

from my post....

I was looking at playoffs. We had it shoved down our collective throats all year. They have failed to get there yeat again.

You never answered are you happy with the current standing?

You are right. The coaches have no blame. They are good enough to "Not be last"

And everyone else is right. The players can't possibly be blamed. Not when we started John !@#$ing DiGorgio next to Angelo !@#$ing Crowell and behind John !@#$ing McCargo and Chris !@#$ing Kelsay, and certainly not now!

That's been my point this whole time. We're not in last, we're not the worst, stop acting as if we are. Again, if even half the posters in this thread spent ANY time following other teams they'd see how ludicrous their hyperbole about this team is.

Dude, enough with the retrospect Gailey worship. That offense wasn't that good. It never cracked the top 15 and barely cracked the top 20 in its best years.

Who the hell is worshipping him? You're making up stuff. He took a ton of scrubs and made them productive players. We had a #4 overall pick, a 1st round QB, multiple high pick olinemen, 2nd and 3rd round wrs and our offense is worse.

But keep making excuses. We're lucky to have such a special and innovative coach like Marrone. He's not a dime a dozen coach at all.

Four wins was the average of what people expected.

That is what I recall as well...

I was looking at playoffs. We had it shoved down our collective throats all year. They have failed to get there yeat again.

You never answered are you happy with the current standing?

Are you serious? Let me put it again....

I expected losses to NE, SD, KC, DET, and CHI. Possibly even a split with MIA. So I was looking at 5-5, 4-6 at this point.

I guess since it isn't in black and white, yes, they didn't get there how I thought they would get there but they are right where I expected them to be. You expected playoffs but when looking at the schedule how did you see that happening? With a 9-7 record? Or did you honestly think that after 6-10,6-10,6-10,4-12,7-9,7-9,7-9 the Bills would suddenly go 11-5?

from my post....

What does before the season have to do with anything? Predictions made before the season are insanely dumb.

I expected playoffs but 5-5 with developing EJ is a million times different than 5-5 developing Kyle Orton.

And everyone else is right. The players can't possibly be blamed. Not when we started John !@#$ing DiGorgio next to Angelo !@#$ing Crowell and behind John !@#$ing McCargo and Chris !@#$ing Kelsay, and certainly not now!

Actually the Bills offense in bottom 3 in every offensive category except average field position where they are first. That is a problem. We have all this talent yet we are bad. We have a rookie WR who people are questioning because they can get the ball into his hands. No player is excelling. Why is that?

Who the hell is worshipping him? You're making up stuff. He took a ton of scrubs and made them productive players. We had a #4 overall pick, a 1st round QB, multiple high pick olinemen, 2nd and 3rd round wrs and our offense is worse.

But keep making excuses. We're lucky to have such a special and innovative coach like Marrone. He's not a dime a dozen coach at all.

He took a bunch of scrubs and made them productive to what end? It certainly wasn't in the win column. It certainly wasn't in the offensive or defensive rankings. Was it because CJ had 1 good year and Stevie had 3 (barely) 1000 yard seasons (which is a whopping 60 yards a game)?

from my post....

10-6 but I would accept 8-8 as being good.

However, I see our team under performing. Our talent is too good to be a .500 team. Thus, I think we are poorly coached. I see the team's lack of execution to be in at least 50% to be on the coaching staff. Todd Haley's team did not execute, but Andy Reid's team does for example. Same with Singletary and Hardball as another example.

We'll see what happens in these next 6 games. I wouldn't hate keeping Marrone IF we win at least 8 AND Hackett Jr. is shown the door.

What does before the season have to do with anything? Predictions made before the season are insanely dumb.

I expected playoffs but 5-5 with developing EJ is a million times different than 5-5 developing Kyle Orton.

Okay so as each week and game was about to be played what did you expect? Did you expect them to beat DET or CHI? Did you expect them to lose to KC, SD? What game before it started did not go the way you expected it to? I am with you on benching EJ as I don't really care for it but the results are not in. We don't know if this is extremely benficial for EJ to sit and learn. We don't know if EJ was benched to stop a locker room mutiny. There is a lot about the switch that we don't know. Maybe we are 5-5 with developing EJ just not the way you want it.

10-6 but I would accept 8-8 as being good.

However, I see our team under performing. Our talent is too good to be a .500 team. Thus, I think we are poorly coached. I see the team's lack of execution to be in at least 50% to be on the coaching staff. Todd Haley's team did not execute, but Andy Reid's team does for example. Same with Singletary and Hardball as another example.

We'll see what happens in these next 6 games. I wouldn't hate keeping Marrone IF we win at least 8 AND Hackett Jr. is shown the door.

I agree that Hackett will most likely will be shown the door. However this could very well be a Crossman situation. The Bills need to improve their o-line considerably and as with any other team they will only be as succesful as their QB. Orton sucks to me. The all 22's seem to show a lot of open players (which would speak to proper play calling/design) that are being missed (which would speak to poor play/execution). So if 8-8 is acceptable to you why are you banging the drum for Marrone to be fired when that goal is well within reach?

That is what I recall as well...

Are you serious? Let me put it again....

I expected losses to NE, SD, KC, DET, and CHI. Possibly even a split with MIA. So I was looking at 5-5, 4-6 at this point.

I guess since it isn't in black and white, yes, they didn't get there how I thought they would get there but they are right where I expected them to be. You expected playoffs but when looking at the schedule how did you see that happening? With a 9-7 record? Or did you honestly think that after 6-10,6-10,6-10,4-12,7-9,7-9,7-9 the Bills would suddenly go 11-5?

With all the talent they brought in, yes. I expected 10-6. This team was 5-3 and then faced two teams that were asking to be beat, yet the offense did squat in both of those games and we lost. Pre-season predictions be damned. They were in position to succeed and failed.