If the game is moved to a new location, ticket refunds?

USMCBillsFan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done!

Here's some quick-hits about urban decay and why Detroit is the poster child:

Detroit:

70,000 abandoned buildings

31,000 empty houses

90,000 vacant lots

Buffalo:

8,000 abandoned buildings

15,000 empty houses

10,000 vacant lots

Yeah we're not great...but Buffalo rarely gets an opportunity to look down at another city.

How are Bills fans going to attend the game if it's in Detroit or Pittsburgh? Isn't the 90 closed?

Through S.Ontario. Stay windward of The Lake.

Pitt a whole 'nother ball game... One of the worst white knuckle trips I ever made was up 79 from Pitt to Erie... Straight into the teeth of a squall... Thought we were gonna die!

Through S.Ontario. Stay windward of The Lake.

Pitt a whole 'nother ball game... One of the worst white knuckle trips I ever made was up 79 from Pitt to Erie... Straight into the teeth of a squall... Thought we were gonna die!

haha, i went to Slippery Rock, 2 miles off 79 about halfway between Pit. and Erie..always bombing on that road.

The weather channel said 1 option was Detroit the 2nd...NJ! it wouldn't surprise me if Monday night, buffalo is playing there. If that is the case, I think buffalo should get two home games against NJ next year.

Was that supposed to be a shot at those cities because the big three for vacant and abandoned homes includes those two and Buffalo. Pot meet kettle.

Detroit has reached epidemic levels. Quite different than any other city in the nation including Buffalo and Cleveland. They are simply on a completely different level.

@RapSheet: For #Bills season ticket holders: All tix bought through team, ticketmaster or exchange get refunds. Secondary market tix different story

So what does this mean exactly? If I sold my Jets tickets through NFL Ticket Exchange does the buyer of those tickets get refunded at the price he/she paid on the website? What happens to the money I collected on that sale? Does it go back to NFLTE? Then I get my original ticket refunded by the Bills?

So the folks who shoveled out The Ralph for $10 an hour and a "game ticket" are going to get a ticket to which game? :blink:

I don't think that many folks came out to shovel. Besides they might still need help for the Browns game. I think there are tickets left for that one.

So stubhub is going to anal F me?

That's a good question. I bet you get refunded and the money comes out of the credit card of whoever sold them to you. That person gets bent over.

So what does this mean exactly? If I sold my Jets tickets through NFL Ticket Exchange does the buyer of those tickets get refunded at the price he/she paid on the website? What happens to the money I collected on that sale? Does it go back to NFLTE? Then I get my original ticket refunded by the Bills?

I don't think that many folks came out to shovel. Besides they might still need help for the Browns game. I think there are tickets left for that one.

That's a good question. I bet you get refunded and the money comes out of the credit card of whoever sold them to you. That person gets bent over.

I dont want that either! But i shouldnt be out that 140 bucks....neither should that person! Hell id split it with him!

Here's some quick-hits about urban decay and why Detroit is the poster child:

Detroit:

70,000 abandoned buildings

31,000 empty houses

90,000 vacant lots

Buffalo:

8,000 abandoned buildings

15,000 empty houses

10,000 vacant lots

Yeah we're not great...but Buffalo rarely gets an opportunity to look down at another city.

Well, absolute values are impressive.... but you can't compare a city that was once 1.8 million to one that peaked at 580,000. Once you standardize the data it's a lot closer than the absolute values are. Poster child yes, worse off than Buffalo, hardly. And anyway, where is that data from? I've spent the last 5 years researching vacancy and abandonment, I can say that those numbers seem off. For one, you're using three terms that have three different meanings. Census counts "vacant units" not vacant "houses" given that in many large cities, a good deal of the market is multiple units. That matters because population and vacancy are correlated at the unit level, not the building level.. that is as population increases, the number of units should as well, not necessary the number of "houses." Census has no reliable count for "abandoned." No one does. When Census reports "vacant" they report "vacant for sale," "vacant for rent" and "vacant other." Researchers generally consider the "vacant other" to be abandoned but there is not reliable certainty that it the case. Empty is never used.

I get your point, Detroit's in rough shape. But Buffalo is in no better condition and in fact, I'd put my money on a transformative Detroit turnaround before Buffalo. More foundation money, more groups working together, more national focus. As long as the same political cronyism that has exacerbated Buffalo's economic collapse and population loss continues to run the show, true renewal, not bricks and mortar, will be impossible. You can't build out of this mess. Poverty is up, educational attainment is down, and more of the city is in a downward spiral and than an upward trajectory. I know the major discourse in the city is renewal, but that's being lead by a) politically motivated people like the mayor (who's done next to nothing policy wide in office to call any of what's happening his doing) and b) the white affluent population that is either benefiting financially from it (the developer class) or enjoying the fruits of it (gentrifying hipsters in Elmwood). Outside of that, 51% of the city's children are in poverty, income is stagnant (may be declining, I don';t have the current data in front of me), and population is declining.. still. And it would be declining a lot more if not for the large numbers of immigrants coming into the city, who work hard in their neighborhoods but generally have the same poverty and educational issue as many others in the city. The myth of a great inversion of wealth to the city is just that, a widely-accepted yet never proven myth.