Global warming err Climate change HOAX

ANOTHER WARMIST TALKING POINT GOES POOF

It’s been a staple of Globalwarmism that rising temperatures risk mass species extinction, but what appears to be going extinct at a rapid rate are warmist cliches. One of them is that the mass extinction of the Permian-Triassic era 250 million years ago was caused by global warming. Except, as reported by Emily Litella yesterday in Science Daily, it was the sudden ice age before the warming period that is responsible for the extinction:

Earth has known several mass extinctions over the course of its history. One of the most important happened at the Permian-Triassic boundary 250 million years ago. Over 95% of marine species disappeared and, up until now, scientists have linked this extinction to a significant rise in Earth temperatures. But researchers from the University of Geneva (UNIGE), Switzerland, working alongside the University of Zurich, discovered that
this extinction took place during a short ice age which preceded the global climate warming

It’s the first time that the various stages of a mass extinction have been accurately understood and that scientists have been able to assess the major role played by volcanic explosions in these climate processes.
This research, which can be read in
Scientific Reports
completely calls into question the scientific theories regarding these phenomena, founded on the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere
, and paves the way for a new vision of Earth’s climate history
(Emphasis added.)

Someone at Science Daily is going to get in trouble for the underlined sentence. Because you’re not allowed to say that.

Edited by B-Man

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As water cools, at standard pressure:

It contracts until you hit 39 degrees. At that point, it's at it's highest density (1g/cc).

Below 39 degrees, it expands.

At 32 degrees, it freezes. Ice is, of course, less dense than water.

Below 32 degrees, ice contracts.

See chart. The maximum density of water is at 39 degrees (about 4C).

density.png

Under standard pressure? As opposed to what? Does some water have a bitchy wife that turns up the pressure?

Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt said Thursday he does not believe carbon dioxide is a primary contributor to global warming.

"I think that measuring with precision human activity on the climate is something very challenging to do and there's tremendous disagreement about the degree of impact, so no, I would not agree that it's a primary contributor to the global warming that we see ," he told CNBC's "Squawk Box."

"But we don't know that yet. ... We need to continue the debate and continue the review and the analysis."

Pruitt's view is at odds with the opinion of NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

"The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 2.0 degrees Fahrenheit (1.1 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide and other human-made emissions into the atmosphere," NASA and NOAA said in January.

Burning up the planet, good job!

Burning up the planet, good job!

"...at odds with the opinion..."? :o Wait. What?

We go from "settled science" to using the word: "opinion"? I haven't heard the media refer to this as an "opinion"...ever. Are there going to be consequences for this writer's use of "opinion"? Hey by all environtology precedent: this writer is now a "denier" because he said "opinion". :rolleyes:

But, given the last 20 years of environtologist "evidence"? The math, logic, and commons sense says: all they have is an opinion, or better, a hypothesis.

They do not even have enough to support the creation of a scientific theory. They aren't close to definitive proof of anything, not when you/they/nobody can tell me if their margin of error is .1, .01. or 001, because you/they/nobody can't tell me if the projected global avg temp increase/100 yrs is gonna be .1, .01, or .001.

Even the term "Greenhouse Effect" or "Greenhouse Gas" is...flat out wrong, because how an actual greenhouse works has nothing to do with CO2 or methane interacting with the Sun. It's an poor analogy at best: flat out distortion, so that dumb people will be scared, is more likely.

The good news: we should have been referring to Global Warming as a "hypothesis" or "opinion" for the science illiterate, this entire time. Now it seems we are, finally.

"...at odds with the opinion..."? :o Wait. What?

We go from "settled science" to using the word: "opinion"? I haven't heard the media refer to this as an "opinion"...ever. Are there going to be consequences for this writer's use of "opinion"? Hey by all environtology precedent: this writer is now a "denier" because he said "opinion". :rolleyes:

But, given the last 20 years of environtologist "evidence"? The math, logic, and commons sense says: all they have is an opinion, or better, a hypothesis.

They do not even have enough to support the creation of a scientific theory. They aren't close to definitive proof of anything, not when you/they/nobody can tell me if their margin of error is .1, .01. or 001, because you/they/nobody can't tell me if the projected global avg temp increase/100 yrs is gonna be .1, .01, or .001.

Even the term "Greenhouse Effect" or "Greenhouse Gas" is...flat out wrong, because how an actual greenhouse works has nothing to do with CO2 or methane interacting with the Sun. It's an poor analogy at best: flat out distortion, so that dumb people will be scared, is more likely.

The good news: we should have been referring to Global Warming as a "hypothesis" or "opinion" for the science illiterate, this entire time. Now it seems we are, finally.

That's actually a good point! But we are still warming the atmosphere with more pollution so, so what?

Founder of EPA’s environmental justice office quits; Also,( the EPA has an environmental justice office) :lol:

No offense to Sweet Meteor O’ Death, but the impact of Donald Trump’s Election Day victory was a seismic event like no other and is still being felt four months later, and the ripples are splashing cold water in places we didn’t even know existed. One thing’s certain: a lot of people who were enjoying a warm, cozy life in the federal bureaucracy don’t like the neighborhood anymore.

There’s no easy way to say this, so we’ll just blurt it out: the founder of the EPA’s environmental justice office has quit after decades of doing whatever it was he did.

C6gj3lfXAAYs4RM.jpg

One of the most important figures in environmental justice just quit Trump’s EPA

http://buff.ly/2nbmHlH

C6e5zfnXQAMIQgd.jpg
Losing your job sucks; we’re pretty certain more than a few readers who work in the private sector have been through it. But then again, Ali is resigning, apparently on the assumption that his position is going to be eliminated.
"Communities of color, low-income communities & indeginous communities are still struggling to receive equal protection before the law"
Does that include communities like Flint, Michigan? Because Ali’s tenure easily overlaps the timeline of that city’s water crisis, and now the EPA is facing a $722 million class action lawsuit filed by 1,700 people who blame the agency for doing nothing about contaminated drinking water.

Founder of EPA’s environmental justice office quits; Also,( the EPA has an environmental justice office) :lol:

No offense to Sweet Meteor O’ Death, but the impact of Donald Trump’s Election Day victory was a seismic event like no other and is still being felt four months later, and the ripples are splashing cold water in places we didn’t even know existed. One thing’s certain: a lot of people who were enjoying a warm, cozy life in the federal bureaucracy don’t like the neighborhood anymore.

There’s no easy way to say this, so we’ll just blurt it out: the founder of the EPA’s environmental justice office has quit after decades of doing whatever it was he did.

Environmental justice?!? You gotta be !@#$ing shitting me. Slash this !@#$ing **** with a machete, Trump.

Funny clip about Climate Change. Deniers don't watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1cMnM-UJ5U

Well, I'm convinced. I thought I understood science, but this clip from a television show has opened my eyes. I'm riding my bike to work until I can move to the mountains - probably the Colorado Rockies, where I can enjoy beachfront property in my retirement years.

That's actually a good point! But we are still warming the atmosphere with more pollution so, so what?

Irony.

I never do this, but who's in favor of submitting this discourse to Urban Dictionary as a definition of irony? I mean, the Urban Dictionary is largely a symptom of the idiocy that I have to deal with(see: me talking networking with a F'ing Cable Guy), so it's generally depressing.

I deal with idiots all day. That's my job. My entire career: I literally get paid because the phonies that are in charge pay me extra not only to do the job they are incapable of doing, but to do it without exposing their staggering incompetence. (And, they expect me to clean up the mess == fire anybody who figures out what is going on/gets in the way. I haven't gone along with that since 1999.)

Yesterday, a CEO of a supposed "analytics" firm told me that they use a "snowflake" design. I **** you not. Data Warehouses use a star schema. Snowflakes are what we do when we can't get a dimension right, or, because there are integration issues. Nobody sets out to make a "snowflake". We only do it as a last resort. Yet, this guy is touting it as a feature?

(Hint: that's like Boyst, the cow farmer, telling you he's in the fencing business) The man doesn't have any idea what his own company does, or how it does it, and they've been in business, proudly, for 30 F'ing years.

So, it's between the post above, and this idiot CEO, for my first Urban dictionary post.

Submit your votes!

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Well, I'm convinced. I thought I understood science, but this clip from a television show has opened my eyes. I'm riding my bike to work until I can move to the mountains - probably the Colorado Rockies, where I can enjoy beachfront property in my retirement years.

LOL. I told you if you were a denier don't watch it. I just find it funny because Debbie downer Toby from The Office said we're all going to die.

LOL. I told you if you were a denier don't watch it. I just find it funny because Debbie downer Toby from The Office said we're all going to die.

Not a denier, just skeptical of the extent to which humanity is involved, and annoyed that the science has been as politicized to the extent that it has. But, yeah - clips like that do annoy the hell out of me.

If all you fossil fuel fans, Pegs included, would just seal up your garage and crank up the car there would be a lot less debate, meat eating, farting, oil spills..... While you are huffing away tap out those last few key strokes telling me how the air is just fine.

Aaron Sorkin's idea of a Republican is a far-left liberal.

The echo chamber around Hollywood is strong.

It doesn't get any more 'typical liberal' than getting your opinion on Global Cooling Global Warming Climate ChangeTM from a guy who majored in Music Theater. :lol:

If all you fossil fuel fans, Pegs included, would just seal up your garage and crank up the car there would be a lot less debate, meat eating, farting, oil spills..... While you are huffing away tap out those last few key strokes telling me how the air is just fine.

So you are advocating for those who disagree with you to die?

How very tolerant and Progressive