Obama's state department about to legalize millions of illegals, b

Security

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Federal Judge Strikes Blow at Obama Executive Amnesty

A U.S. District Court opinion out this morning that finds Obama’s immigration executive action exceeds the proper understanding of “prosecutorial discretion”:

According to the opinion by Judge Arthur Schwab, the president’s policy goes “beyond prosecutorial discretion” in that it provides a relatively rigid framework for considering applications for deferred action, thus obviating any meaningful case-by-case determination as prosecutorial discretion requires, and provides substantive rights to applicable individuals. As a consequence, Schwab concluded, the action exceeds the scope of executive authority.

This is the first judicial opinion to address Obama’s decision to expand deferred action for some individuals unlawfully present in the United States

The full 38-page opinion is here.

Well, if we don't let them in, they can always buy their way in with donations to Democrats:

http://www.nytimes.c...ry-clinton.html

From that article:

MIAMI — The Obama administration overturned a ban preventing a wealthy, politically connected Ecuadorean woman from entering the United States after her family gave tens of thousands of dollars to Democratic campaigns, according to finance records and government officials.

The woman, Estefanía Isaías, had been barred from coming to the United States after being caught fraudulently obtaining visas for her maids. But the ban was lifted at the request of the State Department under former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton so that Ms. Isaías could work for an Obama fund-raiser with close ties to the administration.

It was one of several favorable decisions the Obama administration made in recent years involving the Isaías family, which the government of Ecuador accuses of buying protection from Washington and living comfortably in Miami off the profits of a looted bank in Ecuador.

The family, which has been investigated by federal law enforcement agencies on suspicion of money laundering and immigration fraud, has made hundreds of thousands of dollars in contributions to American political campaigns in recent years. During that time, it has repeatedly received favorable treatment from the highest levels of the American government, including from New Jersey’s senior senator and the State Department.

Now before we cue up the "everybody does it" defense,

These are people that multiple law enforcement agencies say have broken several financial laws,

is that standard practice ?

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly "shocking"

More than 90 Percent of a Group of Illegal Immigrants from Surge This Summer Never Showed Up to Their Immigration Hearings

Once again, local-TV investigative reporters are showing up their national counterparts. Recall that this summer the administration insisted the thousands of Central American illegal immigrants it was waving across the border would be put into deportation proceedings and those who did not qualify for asylum would be removed. You’d think, then, that there’d be bigshot D.C. journalists interested in finding out how many actually bothered to attend their immigration hearings. You’d be wrong. But the investigative unit at Houston’s KPRC, Channel 2, decided to ask. And when they didn’t get an answer, they persisted. And persisted. And finally got some answers.

More at the link:

• 1 month later...

I called it.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/amnesty-bonuses-tax-code-illegal-immigrants-receive-earned-income-tax-credit_841496.html

"A recent Homeland Security Committee hearing on immigration revealed an alarming consequence of President Obama’s executive amnesty—that illegal immigrants with deferred status may be able to receive the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Moreover, this person, who is here in the U.S. unlawfully, could be able to file an amended tax return for up to the last three tax years, possibly receiving upwards of $24,000 in tax credits."

I called it.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/amnesty-bonuses-tax-code-illegal-immigrants-receive-earned-income-tax-credit_841496.html

"A recent Homeland Security Committee hearing on immigration revealed an alarming consequence of President Obama’s executive amnesty—that illegal immigrants with deferred status may be able to receive the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Moreover, this person, who is here in the U.S. unlawfully, could be able to file an amended tax return for up to the last three tax years, possibly receiving upwards of $24,000 in tax credits."

No better way to welcome our new citizens than to pay them to be here.

Joe Manchin Not Sure How to Stop Obama’s Amnesty

Senator Joe Manchin (D., W. Va.) agrees that President Obama “overstepped” his constitutional authority with the recent executive orders on immigration, but he opposes blocking funding for those orders, and isn’t sure how else to stop the orders.

I agree that the president overstepped his bounds, this is just the wrong place to do it,” Manchin told National Review Online when asked if he would help filibuster a Department of Homeland Security funding bill that only blocked Obama’s most recent 2014 orders on immigration.

“This is not the bill to be playing around with,” he said, to explain why he wants a “clean” DHS bill from Republicans. “You don’t use Homeland Security to do anything, Homeland Security is to secure the homeland.”

So, how can Congress restrain Obama on this issue without denying funding for the implementation of the orders? “Bring up an immigration bill,” he says. “I don’t care if it’s border [security] only.”

And what happens when Obama vetoes that bill and continues to implement his executive orders? After pausing a few seconds, Manchin said he had to go and exited the Capitol.

Joe Manchin Not Sure How to Stop Obama’s Amnesty

Senator Joe Manchin (D., W. Va.) agrees that President Obama “overstepped” his constitutional authority with the recent executive orders on immigration, but he opposes blocking funding for those orders, and isn’t sure how else to stop the orders.

I agree that the president overstepped his bounds, this is just the wrong place to do it,” Manchin told National Review Online when asked if he would help filibuster a Department of Homeland Security funding bill that only blocked Obama’s most recent 2014 orders on immigration.

“This is not the bill to be playing around with,” he said, to explain why he wants a “clean” DHS bill from Republicans. “You don’t use Homeland Security to do anything, Homeland Security is to secure the homeland.”

So, how can Congress restrain Obama on this issue without denying funding for the implementation of the orders? “Bring up an immigration bill,” he says. “I don’t care if it’s border [security] only.”

And what happens when Obama vetoes that bill and continues to implement his executive orders? After pausing a few seconds, Manchin said he had to go and exited the Capitol.

So "securing the homeland" and "securing the border" are separate and distinct concepts?

Bill Belichick gives more convincing excuses.

Come now. We should be happy to turn the US into Mexico. Because it worked so well for Mexico. :rolleyes:

Actually, looking back at this, LA nailed it. I was a day late and a dollar short.

The compelling questions remains: how can we get more money to these illegal trespassers quickly enough to have them vote Democrat?

It's being done with health care, food stamps, schooling, work permits and now tax rebates. Voting rights are next.

Edited by keepthefaith

It's being done with health care, food stamps, schooling, work permits and now tax rebates. Voting rights are next.

The state of California passed a law allowing illegal immigrants to serve on jury duty. It was vetoed by Moonbeam, but it's just a matter of time.

The state of California passed a law allowing illegal immigrants to serve on jury duty. It was vetoed by Moonbeam, but it's just a matter of time.

Great. Automatic grounds for appeal. "My trial was improper, as I wasn't tried by a jury of my peers."

Actually, looking back at this, LA nailed it. I was a day late and a dollar short.

The compelling questions remains: how can we get more money to these illegal trespassers quickly enough to have them vote Democrat?

Oh horse carp. There are Republicans that have a sense of justice too

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/309111-wis-gov-walker-backs-path-to-citizenship-in-immigration-reform-

Judge Andrew Hanen used Pres. Obama’s own words to justify his ruling halting executive amnesty

D.C. area attorney Aaron Worthing noticed some rather persuasive language used by Judge Andrew Hanen in his recent ruling putting on hold President Obama’s executive amnesty immigration order — words from President Obama himself:

Well, he was a Constitutional law professor and all.

Here’s a little bigger screenshot from Page 107 of yesterday’s ruling:

obama_ruling.png?w=430&h=166

So the legal argument, “I’m evolving,” doesn’t hold much water when dealing with a federal judge? ..............................Good to know.

It's almost like the WH is begging for bad things to happen here.

It's worth pointing out that Arizona issues mandatory one month prison sentences for a drunk driving first offense.

My guess is, that's part of the executive rationale, wrongheaded as it may be.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

It's worth pointing out that Arizona issues mandatory one month prison sentences for a drunk driving first offense.

I thought that was extreme so I looked it up. Actually for BAC of .08-.15 it's 10 days for .15 or higher it's 30 days. But still mandatory 10 days for first offense is steep.

Illinois Democratic congressman Luis Guiterrez cautioned Republicans against celebrating a federal judge’s decision to halt the White House’s unilateral push for illegal alien amnesty, predicting unprecedented “militancy” in the immigrant community against the injunction.

More at the link:

But let me just give you the "Reader's Digest version" for those who don't like actually reading the articles...............

Allow us to break the law in helping people who have broken the law or you will face consequences.

Moron. Even though the law has been blocked it still can apply to the 24 states that didn't file suit? Another brilliant public servant.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/25/gutierrez-reveals-wh-considering-implementing-exec-amnesty-in-24-states-that-didnt-join-lawsuit/

This is pretty funny...in a sad kind of way.

It did induce a smile for a second.