Obama's state department about to legalize millions of illegals, b

Security

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An obvious problem for President Obama tonight, he spoke with same apparent conviction as he did a year ago explaining why he couldn't lawfully do this.

Let's look on the bright side: The next GOP President can take executive action to inflation-index the capital gains tax.

Hell, the next GOP President can repeal the ACA by ordering the IRS to not enforce it and granting a blanket pardon to everyone without insurance.

LOL......................what a terrific "man of conviction"

He HAD to act now because the Congress wouldn't. It couldn't wait any longer.

BUT apparently he could wait until it was best for him.............lol

Report: Obama Delayed Exec Action After He Saw DSCC Polling

Politico has the behind-the-scenes story of how the executive amnesty came to be. It details the political calculations behind the president’s decision:

LOL......................what a terrific "man of conviction"

He HAD to act now because the Congress wouldn't. It couldn't wait any longer.

Which is the biggest load of **** of all. Couldn't wait any longer? Really? How many YEARS has it been that immigration has needed reform and no one's done anything? Were five million people suddenly at some sort of risk for being here illegally for years and having nothing happen to them?

Immigration isn't a crisis, it's a problem. And a fairly big problem, but not a time-critical one. The world wasn't going to end if something wasn't done tonight.

Just spare me the outrage, and give me an alternative plan.

How about: have the legislative branch reform immigration law? That a good plan?

An alternative plan to Monarchy?

I suggest a Republican Democracy, though your King finds the philosophy antiquated.

Get a grip on the Republican Democracy that you live in. Come to terms with it. Please spare me this King bull ****. It's a screwball fantasy.

Get a grip on the Republican Democracy that you live in. Come to terms with it. Please spare me this King bull ****. It's a screwball fantasy.

What happened goes against everything our government was founded on. Apparently, that's okay. Just like it was "okay," for Caesar to remain a dictator.

I don't live in a Republican Democracy.

Or atleast not a Constitutional one.

You're not going to enjoy the reaping of what you've sowed.

Take it easy, and gear up for 2016, when we will elect a new "King." Why do you keep using that word, anyways? For dramatic effect?

You can thump that Constitution on the lecturn all you want, but try opening it, and doing a little reading, if you want to be taken seriously.

I'm sure that the Constitutional Lawyers advising the White House have the POTUS on the right side of the law. Love your country, don't tear it down.

Just spare me the outrage, and give me an alternative plan.

Such a predictable progressive snotfest: "I know we're pissing all over the Constitution yet again, and I know we don't give a flying phuck what most Americans think, but let's assume we give a schitt...what's your plan?

Idiots. Is it any wonder most of the country considers you fools.

Edited by LABillzFan

Take it easy, and gear up for 2016, when we will elect a new "King." Why do you keep using that word, anyways? For dramatic effect?

You can thump that Constitution on the lecturn all you want, but try opening it, and doing a little reading, if you want to be taken seriously.

I'm sure that the Constitutional Lawyers advising the White House have the POTUS on the right side of the law. Love your country, don't tear it down.

Really?

If you're so sure, point me to the passage to the Constitution that gives the President the power to bypass Congress.

Edited by FireChan

I reference the presence of the powers of a Monarch because it is apt. Cite the part of the Constitution, or even Stare Decisis, which supports this Administration.

Failing your ability to locate it, what sort of Figure transcends existing law, or usurps the province of creating law, to create His own by fiat declaration?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I reference the presence of the powers of a Monarch because it is apt. Cite the part of the Constitution, or even Stare Decisis, which supports this Administration.

Failing your ability to locate it, what sort of Figure transcends existing law, or usurps the province of creating law, to create His own by fiat declaration?

Where does the Constitution grant me the authority to change my underpants? And yet I take Executive Action most every day.

What sort of Figure transcends existing law, or usurps the province of creating law, to create His own by fiat declaration? I do, everytime I peel a banana.

Edited by Franz Kafka

Where does the Constitution grant me the authority to change my underpants? And yet I take Executive Action most every day.

What sort of Figure transcends existing law, or usurps the province of creating law, to create His own by fiat declaration? I do, everytime peel a banana.

The Constitution isn't an enumeration of the rights of citizens, it is a comprehensive listing of the authority of the Federal government.

You are expressly permitted, by the Constitution of these United States, to change your underwear precisely because the Document does not convey to the Federal government the authority to prevent you from doing so.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

What sort of Figure transcends existing law, or usurps the province of creating law, to create His own by fiat declaration? I do, everytime I peel a banana.

So you know nothing. Can't say I'm surprised.

I don't know if there is some sort of subtext going on here, but I work with a lot of black folks and I don't think that anyone sees Obama as the Second Coming, and I don't think that he sees himself in that role. He's just doing a job, and getting a little pissed off at the gridlock. Nobody is calling him an Emperor, except those who want to tear him down. It's that transparent.

Can you share with us where the constitution grants this power to the President?

I don't know if there is some sort of subtext going on here, but I work with a lot of black folks and I don't think that anyone sees Obama as the Second Coming, and I don't think that he sees himself in that role. He's just doing a job, and getting a little pissed off at the gridlock. Nobody is calling him an Emperor, except those who want to tear him down. It's that transparent.

Limitations on power are there to prevent the executive from doing this very thing. Gridlock is there by design. He overreacted his power, unilaterally enacted law as an executive, and your response is King (*^*&%^$^#has constitutional lawyers advising him so it must be kosher.

It's all way over your head, which is sad because it's not that complicated, and you sit here like a naive little twit, ignorant of all applicable history, with the nerve to condescend.

Can you share where it denies him this power?

Are you declaring my action of changing underpants most every day unconstitutional?

This displays your ignorance of even the most basic and fundamental aspects of the constitution. The constitution gives the government specific enumerated powers. Those powers not granted to the government are reserved to the people and the states. This is very basic.

Your second question doesn't even deserve a response.

The Constitution isn't an enumeration of the rights of citizens, it is a comprehensive listing of the authority of the Federal government.

You are expressly permitted, by the Constitution of these United States, to change your underwear precisely because the Document does not convey to the Federal government the authority to prevent you from doing so.

You know, the thing that I like about the President's plan is that it directly addresses a problem, has a basis in reality, compensates temporarily for the inaction of Congress, and is well within the boundaries of the Constitutional Law. It's positive action.

When I hear folks mockingly call the President of the United States, King, or Emperor, it makes me think that those folks have zero respect for the office, the Republic, or the Constitution. If you think I am being condescending, to nobodies who mock the President and hide behind the Constitution without any reference to the actual body of that document, you are right.

You know, the thing that I like about the President's plan is that it directly addresses a problem, has a basis in reality, compensates temporarily for the inaction of Congress, and is well within the boundaries of the Constitutional Law. It's positive action.

When I hear folks mockingly call the President of the United States, King, or Emperor, it makes me think that those folks have zero respect for the office, the Republic, or the Constitution. If you think I am being condescending, to nobodies who mock the President and hide behind the Constitution without any reference to the actual body of that document, you are right.

You don't know the first thing about the constitution. You've adequately demonstrated that tonight.

You don't know the first thing about the constitution. You've adequately demonstrated that tonight.

You say it doesn't give him the authority. I say it doesn't deny him the authority.

Immigration reform is an acute problem that Congress did nothing about.

But I see your strategy. If he does nothing, attack him. If he does anything, attack him. Mock him. What sort of contribution is that, to our country? You may as well be Russian.

You say it doesn't give him the authority. I say it doesn't deny him the authority.

But I see your strategy. If he does nothing, attack him. If he does anything, attack him. Mock him. What sort of contribution is that, to our country? You may as well be Russian.

Paging gatorman. Please prep the belt for transfer. That is all.

10th amendment- "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Burden's on you.

Let's see if you feel the same way if & when a Republican president follows precedent. My guess is that you'll be clutching your temples in an apoplectic frenzy.

You aren't being condescending. You have to be coming from a place higher than us to be condescending. What you are is completing the holy trinity of foolishness, shortsightedness, and naïveté.

Just because the President is coming from a good place (even though I sincerely doubt he is), doesn't make his actions justifiable. You like his actions because he styles himself a bastion of action in a notoriously bureaucratic system? That's a falsehood. You've been duped, and te worst part is that not only are you unaware of this, but welcoming it.

Why did Congress not do anything when it was controlled by the Democrats? Why did Obama not push for a legal and constitutional avenue for this acute problem? Why does the disapproval of this trampling of this very precise and fundamental part of our country make us "less American," than someone who is okay with such a thing? Would disapproving the dissolution of Congress also make us "less American?" Is there any chance you're not trolling us because you have nothing of substance to say?

Oh wait, I know the answer to that last one.

Edited by FireChan

No, it's not, you unmitigated moron. Have you asked yourself why he acted on the executive order on November 20th 2014, and not 45 days before or after?

Edited by GG

dm_140224_Dale_Earnhardt_Jr_Interview.jpg

Franz, openly admitting you're a Dull Jr fan is as comical as your comments posted above. (Maybe POTUS can elevate Dull Jr to this year's championship by executive fiat.) Given that your level of constitutional knowledge is lower than a wagon track, I suggest you return to wherever NASCAR good 'ol boys post and bask in the glow of a one tire pit stop.

10th amendment- "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Burden's on you.

Come on now. Follow that thought to it's logical conclusion. You are saying that each state will have it's own Department of Immigration. Each state will have its own independent policy on immigration. So you'll have customs and immigration at each state border between states, because you've abolished the unifying system.

Not if it's not you unmitigated moron. Have you asked yourself why he acted on the executive order on November 20th 2014, and not 45 days before or after?

November 20th is Revolution Day in Mexico. Viva la revolucion! Eh, compadre?