R-E-L-A-X

Kirby Jackson

Redzone offense is the only thing anyone could possibly complain about. We got more yards than most teams that have played the Chiefs.

And if they got points we wouldn't be having this conversation. Again, in crunch time, this staff looks overmatched. Fumbles killed us today, but we still could have pulled it out with ay calls to burn some clock, get a first down, etc.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And if they got points we wouldn't be having this conversation. Again, in crunch time, this staff looks overmatched. Fumbles killed us today, but we still could have pulled it out with ay calls to burn some clock, get a first down, etc.

I agree. There were 2 possessions where we had the opportunity within the 10 to get a first down and we made no attempt to get one. Only shots into the end zone.

Marrone is no good at calling plays. Neither is his underling.

Again, not likely but they are a game out of the playoffs (not 5). The Bengals are going to lose to New Orleans next weekend, the Bills could knock off the Dolphins and KC has Seattle. They can remain right in the hunt with a win Thursday. The margin for error is small (or gone) but they still are alive. They need to win 5 games and will be he favorite in 3 of them.

Favorite over who? Oakland might be a pick-em game. And if the Jets win next week and Bills lose to Miami the Jets might be favored in that game as well.

There are no similarities between this season and seasons past other then their terrible luck.

There multiple, fundamental similarities, including a bottom-feeding offense that cannot score touchdowns in the red zone, a weak, porous offensive line, and thoroughly overmatched coaches whose motto is "play not to lose." Those are just a few off the top of my head. Edited by mannc

There multiple, fundamental similarities, including a bottom-feeding offense that cannot score touchdowns in the red zone, a weak, porous offensive line, and thoroughly overmatched coaches whose motto is "play not to lose." Those are just a few off the top of my head.

Get the !@#$ out of here. We're obviously not watching the same season.

Today's loss was devastating and really hinders the playoff chances. With that being said this place has gotten ridiculous. There are threads about firing this guy, cutting that guy, and castrating that guy. If Brown or McKelvin don't fumble or if Chandler falls on that fumble everyone has a completely different outlook. The margin for error is gone and the Bills need to win 5 of their last 7. Obviously this isn't ideal but they did get some help today. If they win the next 3 they need to win 2 of their last 4. It's possible that week 17 May be meaningless for New England. If the Bills get to 10 wins they still have a decent shot. The overreaction and MMQBing on here is out of control. Let's let these next 3 games play out before running everyone out of town.

Sorry dude 10 wins won't do it. especially with H2H losses against the Chiefs, Texans and Chargers.

This game was the win that put the record over the top.

Not to mention that the locker room has got to be crushed and will likely collapse on Thursday.

Expect a No Show by the defense on Thursday.

We're not the Packers. We're just revealing ourselves as the same old Buffalo Bills.

So even if we beat the Jets, Miami, Oakland, and a surprise win against Green Bay and then lose to NE and Denver that leaves us at what? 10-6 with a 5-6 conference record? Does anyone really think NONE of the other WC teams in the hunt are going to be at least 10-6 by the end of the season with a better conference record?

Exactly 10-6 doesn't get the Bills on the playoffs this year.

That is not based on a gut feeling it is based on math.

Not sure if, today, they would be favored over the Browns.

The Browns lead the AFC North and gave been taking care of business. The Chiefs were a much easier draw and we were dogs at home. The Browns will be favored -4.

Season's not over by a long shot but this one really hurt. If the bills go 8-8 and miss the playoffsm again, the move to Orton is going to be questioned.

The move to Orton will never be questioned.

NEVER, ever ever ever questioned.

That's funny man. ROFL.

Edited by Why So Serious?

We lost this game due to the screw-ups of two players: Brown and McKelvin. Simple as that. This isn't rocket science. There's no need to look into something that's not there. Brown and McKelvin lost us the game. End of story. Move on.

Ridiculous comments. Leodis helped our vey next drive start at the 25. A drive we got zero out of. Those plays were backbreaking but only become "game losing plays" when you do nothing but kick field goals and rely on your defense for 3 quarters. You let teams hang around with that type of play. We should have lost to Minnesota, we DID lose to the Texans, and now the Chiefs as well all for the same reason. Watkins is the type of player you force plays to. He has shown that. I'll give them a pass for not looking his way vs Revis. It's absurd that he didn't get targeted against the KC secondary. The conservative play calling allows it to come down to these Brown and McKelvin type of plays. Not the other way around.

Ridiculous comments. Leodis helped our vey next drive start at the 25. A drive we got zero out of. Those plays were backbreaking but only become "game losing plays" when you do nothing but kick field goals and rely on your defense for 3 quarters. You let teams hang around with that type of play. We should have lost to Minnesota, we DID lose to the Texans, and now the Chiefs as well all for the same reason. Watkins is the type of player you force plays to. He has shown that. I'll give them a pass for not looking his way vs Revis. It's absurd that he didn't get targeted against the KC secondary. The conservative play calling allows it to come down to these Brown and McKelvin type of plays. Not the other way around.

Good point McKelvin flipped the field by returning a punt from the ~11 to the 25.

That fumble was sooooo stupid. Why is he reaching for an extra yard? Just go down. It doesn't matter if the drive starts at the 33 or 34.

None the less the Bills had an opportunity to win it at 2nd and 1 at the 14 and blew it. The chefs didn't play great D on that series The Bills called poor plays and made poor decisions.

Not that it matters, but Bills will likely be favored only vs Jets the rest of the way...

So Oakland will be the favorite? A team that has zero wins and lost by 24 at home yesterday will not be the favorite over a borderline playoff team. Cleveland spread will be close. If the Bills win the next two weeks they will be giving points (not many).

Finding ways to lose instead of win? WTF? They won a game with 1 second left on a 58 yard FG for Christ sake - that is not finding ways to lose...this is a young team with a decent amount of talent. Fix the O line question and they're real playoff contenders - not this year, but soon....And guess what, when the do make the playoff's and lose we'll all be b_tching about that....

I agree the team is better. But yesterday's game shows they have a way to go. I'm a little tired of we'll be good soon, it has been said so many times before I can't stand it. Could we not be just good enough now to make the playoffs and stop being a laughingstock? Apparently not.

I agree the team is better. But yesterday's game shows they have a way to go. I'm a little tired of we'll be good soon, it has been said so many times before I can't stand it. Could we not be just good enough now to make the playoffs and stop being a laughingstock? Apparently not.

Part of being a Bills fan is learning to accept "there's always next year..."

Today's loss was devastating and really hinders the playoff chances. With that being said this place has gotten ridiculous. There are threads about firing this guy, cutting that guy, and castrating that guy. If Brown or McKelvin don't fumble or if Chandler falls on that fumble everyone has a completely different outlook. The margin for error is gone and the Bills need to win 5 of their last 7. Obviously this isn't ideal but they did get some help today. If they win the next 3 they need to win 2 of their last 4. It's possible that week 17 May be meaningless for New England. If the Bills get to 10 wins they still have a decent shot. The overreaction and MMQBing on here is out of control. Let's let these next 3 games play out before running everyone out of town.

Happens after every loss.

Get the !@#$ out of here. We're obviously not watching the same season.

A reasoned, rational, thoughtful response.

I'm betting you weren't paying much attention or weren't yet a fan in 2002, 2008, and 2011 when the team zoomed out to good starts and fell apart in the second half. Because if you were, a response such as this wouldn't be offered.

I truly admire your optimism. And I wish I could share it, but I have seen this movie so many times it's like Groudhog's Day for me. I know how this movie ends and it ain't pretty. If we were going to make the playoffs, we absolutely needed to win that game yesterday. Losing it was inexcusable and for me it spells the end of our chance of making the playoffs. Watching the rest of the games will be my Sunday entertainment, just like always, but I truly do not expect a run at the playoffs. At best, maybe 8-8, but even that may be far fetched at this point.

It just stings. These games happen every single year on this stage. Its unexplainable. There is some sort of losing culture that exists there. They continually snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and get nowhere. Last year it was the Chiefs game and the Falcons game. You outplay a team like this and you need to be able to win. They should have won by 20. There were KC fans next to me (nice people) and they looked like lottery winners late in the 4th. It wasnt a coinflip. That was the Bills' game to go a commanding 6-3 and they blew it. Again.

The season certainly is not over... but the very real possibility is there it could be over in just over 3 days.

Every time this happens I think of the shrink from "The Natural" saying "Losing... is a disease"

Edited by May Day 10

Part of being a Bills fan is learning to accept "there's always next year..."

Been doing it for nearly 50 years.. I really don't want to be one of those people that my grandson comes to the grave in 2060 and says-- they did it grandpa! I know, I'm a selfish bast%rd... :D