R-E-L-A-X

Kirby Jackson

Do I think it's justified to be angry today because this game pretty much kills out playoff chances: yes.

I think to say it kills our playoff chances is a little much but I agree it hurts. I would say though winning would have done more to ensure our playoff chances than losing hurts it. If we win this game, we would have been tied for the 3rd best record in the AFC (and we would have had the best record of all non-division leaders in the AFC)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think to say it kills our playoff chances is a little much but I agree it hurts. I would say though winning would have done more to ensure our playoff chances than losing hurts it. If we win this game, we would have been tied for the 3rd best record in the AFC (and we would have had the best record of all non-division leaders in the AFC)

Even if we win the next 3, beat the Raiders as expected, and pull out a surprise and win against the Packers I still don't think we make the playoffs. Aside from the miracle of winning in Denver or in New England, I don't think it's much to say our playoff chances are dead. Just look at the other AFC records, their conference records, and everyone's remaining schedule. I'm usually one of the most optimistic guys around, but today was a must-win imo.

The way I look at it is, this "team" is not going to win many games scoring only 13 points against a good team. No matter how anyone paints this game the offense is simply not good enough to keep up with any of the decent teams,and for various reasons.

Lets rehash a few things, Run game gaining 5.0 YPC average and only 22 rushes for 111 yards. Meanwhile 48 passes for 253 yards which was great considering the Bills O line only gave up one lone sack.

The Bills Defense played great, and had 6 sacks on Alex Smith who only had 151 yards passing, and yet he didn't have a turnover. Kyle Orton also didn't turn the ball over.

There were still numerous stupid penalties on different Bills players at the most inopportune times 6-44 yards. The bad luck with the turnovers happens at times.

The guy the team gave up two first rounders for had an off day with 10 targets for 4 catches, 27 yards.

Still, 13 points isn't ever going to win many games.

The way I look at it is, this "team" is not going to win many games scoring only 13 points against a good team. No matter how anyone paints this game the offense is simply not good enough to keep up with any of the decent teams,and for various reasons.

Lets rehash a few things, Run game gaining 5.0 YPC average and only 22 rushes for 111 yards. Meanwhile 48 passes for 253 yards which was great considering the Bills O line only gave up one lone sack.

The Bills Defense played great, and had 6 sacks on Alex Smith who only had 151 yards passing, and yet he didn't have a turnover. Kyle Orton also didn't turn the ball over.

There were still numerous stupid penalties on different Bills players at the most inopportune times 6-44 yards. The bad luck with the turnovers happens at times.

The guy the team gave up two first rounders for had an off day with 10 targets for 4 catches, 27 yards.

Still, 13 points isn't ever going to win many games.

I agree. We've had serious issues in the red zone all year. Orton appeared to improve our red zone numbers a bit when he first started but overally we continue to struggle putting 6 points on the board in the red zone.

We've had several fumbles in the red zone in several games, so that's a major reason. But other than that, is it the play calling? Is it the lack of a red zone "threats"? Is it a combination of players not executing in the red zone and play calling? I have no idea, but we seem to move the ball just fine between the 20's.

Agree. Overall, the Bills played well in a big spot. Unfortunately, two critical turnovers cost 14 points. The Bills are still finding ways to lose instead of win. Next 3 games truly are must win if the playoffs are to be even a possibility in December. But I am not at all believing a team that dumped today's game can win the next 3 or go 2-2 in December. It's sad but par for the course in Billsland.

Finding ways to lose instead of win? WTF? They won a game with 1 second left on a 58 yard FG for Christ sake - that is not finding ways to lose...this is a young team with a decent amount of talent. Fix the O line question and they're real playoff contenders - not this year, but soon....And guess what, when the do make the playoff's and lose we'll all be b_tching about that....

"Remain calm! All is well!"

2014 is beginning to look like 2008 and 2011. Sure, there are different players and coaches. Problem is, those coaches have a tendency to get out-coached when it matters most.

Leave it to you to bring nothing but doom and gloom. I laid out what needs to happen from here on out and you (as usual) brought nothing of substance. I do not think that it is likely but if they are 5-2 they can make the playoffs.

Jets, Oak and Cleveland...they are going to have to play pretty flawlessly down the stretch but possible.

So even if we beat the Jets, Miami, Oakland, and a surprise win against Green Bay and then lose to NE and Denver that leaves us at what? 10-6 with a 5-6 conference record? Does anyone really think NONE of the other WC teams in the hunt are going to be at least 10-6 by the end of the season with a better conference record?

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

So even if we beat the Jets, Miami, Oakland, and a surprise win against Green Bay and then lose to NE and Denver that leaves us at what? 10-6 with a 5-6 conference record? Does anyone really think NONE of the other WC teams in the hunt are going to be at least 10-6 by the end of the season with a better conference record?

they also play the browns at home. They would have a 6-6 conf record if they lost to Denver and NE and won the rest.

they also play the browns at home. They would have a 6-6 conf record if they lost to Denver and NE and won the rest.

Even that, with that being the best case scenario, very most likely will not be enough to get a WC.

As improved as they are this year, their playoff chances just got killed.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

I actually thought there was a lot of positives to take out of today's game:

1. Our defense is simply sick.

2. NH finally called some run plays that were somewhat more creative.

3. We managed to get the Brown involved in the passing game (which should've been done with Spiller)

4. Most important: The pass protection was phenomenal considering Orton was only sacked 1 time vs. a team ranked near the top in sacks.

We lost this game due to the screw-ups of two players: Brown and McKelvin. Simple as that. This isn't rocket science. There's no need to look into something that's not there. Brown and McKelvin lost us the game. End of story. Move on.

That's how I see it too...

And, here's where sit in the AFC: http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf&season=2014-REG&split=Overall

Even that, with that being the best case scenario, very most likely will not be enough to get a WC.

As improved as they are this year, their playoff chances just got killed.

I'll wait until they are mathematically eliminated to get depressed this time around. This team is good. I still think they can win the division, doesn't need to be a WC. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'll wait until they are mathematically eliminated to get depressed this time around. This team is good. I still think they can win the division, doesn't need to be a WC.

Yup. This one hurt but it ain't over 'til it's over. A quick turnaround helps this team I think, they're (hopefully) going to be anxious to put this one behind them with a strong showing in Miami.

I'll wait until they are mathematically eliminated to get depressed this time around. This team is good.

I'm in the same boat. Unless this team completely collapses...

But if we finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs it'll be hard to get too upset considering it'll be the first winning record in how many years?

That being said, we just really need to play smarter and eliminate critical turnovers/penalties.