When do the phantom calls against us stop??

Big Turk

I bet you believe in giving speeding tickets for going 56mph too. You miss the point, the letter of the law is not the issue, it is consistency in officiating. And, if you believe the NFL referees are consistent-God help you.

Obviously calls are inconsistent. But some here are flat out saying Henderson didn't move. It is clear that he did. It's clear the KC guy then jumped. It was something the ref obviously saw and called.

Why lump yourself in with the fringe? You can't argue refs are inconsistent in making calls by simply denying obvious penalties occurred.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously calls are inconsistent. But some here are flat out saying Henderson didn't move. It is clear that he did. It's clear the KC guy then jumped. It was something the ref obviously saw and called.

Why lump yourself in with the fringe? You can't argue refs are inconsistent in making calls by simply denying obvious penalties occurred.

Why do you think it is obvious the ref saw it? I mean if it takes slow motion replay to see it! I have seen that same play called offsides defense more often than not. Thats inconsistent. Edited by 75Bills

Winning teams don;t get those calls. Is it a conspiracy? No. Human nature. The refs will let borderline things go for a top squad (in all sports). The Bills, like all bottom feeders, don;t get the benefit of the doubt. It sucks but it is life. Time to move on.

All valid penalties, IMO.

Good job. Sanctimonious, but good. We're all friggin' idiots, including the 67000 at the game, the players and the coach. You are right.

I see the Whaaaaaaaaaambulance is working overtime today ;)

No offense, but you're playing the holier than thou to the utmost here. That was a ridiculous call. The guy jumped after Henderson flinched. He jumped in reaction to the quarterback's snap count. That's why he jumped. He didn't even see Henderson. The ref threw the flag and made a bad call. We're not whining. We are right. You are out of line to criticize us for being passionate about a bad call.

However, it was gutless for Marrone to not call a sneak on the play, or at least try to get the first down. In the end, perhaps he deserved the bad call for having testicles the size of tic tacos.

Didn't read through all the posts but in fairness to the people at the game. When they showed the false start on the jumbotron they only showed the upper half of the line. So we didn't see any flinch. After watching the replay on tv after getting home I see it was a good call. Ticky tack? Maybe but it was the right call. The non-call on the hit out of bounds was a little ridiculous. But we gave that game away. You could feel it happening in the stadium. At the start of the fourth it was kind of eerie in the stadium..

+1 and Happy Birthday Brother.

Winning teams don;t get those calls. Is it a conspiracy? No. Human nature. The refs will let borderline things go for a top squad (in all sports). The Bills, like all bottom feeders, don;t get the benefit of the doubt. It sucks but it is life. Time to move on.

This is why I think Coach Marrone has a bad philosophy for the Bills. If you play conservative and keep it close, you'll get a mystery flag or two like we did Sunday and do often resulting in losees To get a team like Buffalo over the hump and into playoffs we need an offense that can score us 30 a game and have a solid D like we do now. That way we won't get habitually bitten in the butt by mystery flags.

Sounds easier said than done I know, but playing conservative and keeping it close won't get us over the hump, just ask Dick Jauron. And Dick was better at it than Coach Marrone.

We got the horses to do it, we need better offensive coaching and a different philosophy IMHO

+1 and Happy Birthday Brother.

Yes, Happy Birthday Brothers.

Two types of people in this world:

Those who blame it on the refs, and those who don't.

Stupid comment.

How about, sometimes teams overcome a bad day of reffing. On Sunday, the Bills beat themselves. Finally, the Bills have had roughly 3 bad games with the refs. If you cant see that, take your Flutie avatar and shove it where the sun dont shine!

Call on Williams was a good call. Henderson moved. Chandler pushed off. Am I missing something here?

The issue is that the Bills seem to get called for every ticky-tack penalty in crunch time while their opponents do not. Sure you could call each of those a penalty because they technically were (if just barely), but they were all iffy at best and all of them occurred in big moments.

The call on Chandler was very weak for sure (we see a lot worse on 100's of plays during the course of NFL play on any Sunday), the Bills seem to get these 'soft' calls at the most critical times of the games, and you wonder if the ref's were just looking to call something there but they lost to the Chiefs because they had 4 red zone trips and came away with 3 points and had two critical fumbles that led to 7 points for KC and cost the BIlls a sure TD that would have put them up 17-3. That would have changed the entire dynamic of the game. This team simply continues to make too many costly blunders to be a serious playoff contender.

Why do you think it is obvious the ref saw it?

I mean if it takes slow motion replay to see it! I have seen that same play called offsides defense more often than not. Thats inconsistent.

Hmmmm....because he threw the flag? Because he called false start instead of off sides?

He got the right call without the benefit of slow motion replay and you are struggling to understand that. You want to say calls are inconsistent in the NFL, fine. Just stop there. You can't make the argument that the guy didn't move AND that he moved but the refs aren't calling these things consistently.

Pick one.

Two types of people in this world:

Those who blame it on the refs, and those who don't.

Actually there is a third group, those who think they are above it all. Nothing wrong with debating or discussing

Hmmmm....because he threw the flag? Because he called false start instead of off sides?

He got the right call without the benefit of slow motion replay and you are struggling to understand that. You want to say calls are inconsistent in the NFL, fine. Just stop there. You can't make the argument that the guy didn't move AND that he moved but the refs aren't calling these things consistently.

Pick one.

Never made that argument, don't put words in my mouth. My point is and always has been that was an inconsistent call. Edited by 75Bills

Actually there is a third group, those who think they are above it all. Nothing wrong with debating or discussing Never made that argument, don't put words in my mouth. My point is and always has been that was an inconsistent call.

My bad, I was lumping you in with the goof who said he didn't move. Thought you were agreeing with him.

Pick one.

I think he threw the flag because the guy jumped offside, and when everybody pointed at Henderson he decided that it must be true. Replays showed that Henderson flinched a bit, but the reality is that the snap count is what made the guy jump. He could not have seen Henderson's right knee from his position while he was looking straight ahead.

Nevertheless, we all agree the Bills gave that game away.

However, when I felt the game was over when they blew that call. I was texting my friend, a Chiefs fan, and I texted Game. He said :"there's a lot of time left." I said, "You don't understand. This is what the Bills do. They set you up and tear your heart out." And they did. Again.

No offense, but you're playing the holier than thou to the utmost here. That was a ridiculous call. The guy jumped after Henderson flinched. He jumped in reaction to the quarterback's snap count. That's why he jumped. He didn't even see Henderson. The ref threw the flag and made a bad call. We're not whining. We are right. You are out of line to criticize us for being passionate about a bad call.

However, it was gutless for Marrone to not call a sneak on the play, or at least try to get the first down. In the end, perhaps he deserved the bad call for having testicles the size of tic tacos.

Be passionate about the players, the coaches, the turnovers, or the teams overall performance. But the bottom line is, Marrone did not call a sneak. He called exactly what happened, the lineman moved ... twice ... in an attempt to get the offsides call on the defense. That works some if not most of the time, it did not this time. No offense intended, but complaining about a call where the Bills were guilty, even if most of the time teams get away with doing exactly the same thing, is not being passionate in my opinion. It is whining.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The Bills didn't lose because of that call. In fact, at this point I done even care about the call itself.

What is preposterous is to actually look at that play and conclude Henderson committed a penalty. Read the rule, watch a game, stand still for more than 4 seconds. Nothing Henderson did remotely approached an infraction. After watching it about 25 times, I finally could see that his leg moved about a quarter of an inch at a very slow pace. That's not an infraction. If it is, according to you, then there is a false start on every play.

Again, the rule doesn't state that a player has to freeze and can't move a muscle. Read it.

The Bills didn't lose because of that call. In fact, at this point I done even care about the call itself.

What is preposterous is to actually look at that play and conclude Henderson committed a penalty. Read the rule, watch a game, stand still for more than 4 seconds. Nothing Henderson did remotely approached an infraction. After watching it about 25 times, I finally could see that his leg moved about a quarter of an inch at a very slow pace. That's not an infraction. If it is, according to you, then there is a false start on every play.

Again, the rule doesn't state that a player has to freeze and can't move a muscle. Read it.

8 pages debating a penalty that actually took place. :doh:

Henderson moved - twice.

The vine video somebody posted earlier clearly shows Henderson moved his right leg and then his left leg/hip.

It's the left leg that caused the KC guy to jump.

Some people want to claim the snap count made the KC guy jump.

Heck, Maybe Henderson reacted to the snap count.

Regardless, he moved.

Is officiating inconsistent? Yes it is. At pretty much all levels of sport. It's called the "human element".

People make mistakes, and yes, officials are people.

Here's the video again: https://vine.co/v/Oi76lFauM3U