Former Bills' WR James Hardy Committed to a Mental Facility

Nelson was drafted before Hardy

Oops, bad memory I guess. I could have sworn it was the other way around.

That doesn't take away from the fact that it was a horrible pick, and at the time, I was laughing about it in Green Bay's draft room......lol.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, bad memory I guess. I could have sworn it was the other way around.

That doesn't take away from the fact that it was a horrible pick, and at the time, I was laughing about it in Green Bay's draft room......lol.

DeSean Jackson is the WR picked after him you're thinking of. He went #49 to Philly, Bills took Hardy at #41. A lot of good WRs taken that year, but lots of busts too. Hardy wasn't the only highly rated guy who flamed out.

Edit: Bills also got Stevie in round 7 in that draft, I thought I'd point out.

Edited by billsfaninmanhattan

Yup, jordy went well before all the "name" receivers in that draft. And iirc everyone laughed at GB at the time.

I know for a fact that I wanted the Bills to draft Nelson that year..... I think that's why I had his draft position mixed up and believed the Bills passed on him.

The sad thing was that Jordy Nelson was still on the board, and went a few picks later to GB.

I bet GB was laughing at the Bills in their draft room when they picked Hardy.....I know I was.

oh please, anyone can play that game in hindsight.

how about torell troupe 1 spot ahead of Gronk?

As other posters have mentioned it, it's got to be difficult putting everything into being a pro football player and then it all falls apart and you become just an "ordinary" guy working the proverbial 9-5 and not being handed the world because you're a great athlete. I hope he gets the help he needs.

As other posters have mentioned it, it's got to be difficult putting everything into being a pro football player and then it all falls apart and you become just an "ordinary" guy working the proverbial 9-5 and not being handed the world because you're a great athlete. I hope he gets the help he needs.

If it weren't for the hundreds of thousands of dollars these guys are paid I would agree. I get it that a guy plays in the NFL and then he doesn't and its a big letdown.

Or knew he was shaky but thought he could still play. I'd say that's the bigger issue the scouts missed

But we "needed" a tall wide receiver...

oh please, anyone can play that game in hindsight.

how about torell troupe 1 spot ahead of Gronk?

But we needed a NT for the 3-4...

When you draft for need, you decrease the talent on your roster over the following five years, and that player rarely can fill the perceived need immediately before that need has shifted to something else.

We were all scratching our heads on the Troupe pick, but the two big ones I think we can all agree on and just about the whole TBD was in on was Ngata over Whitner and Orakpo over Maybin. Other than those two I think we have more "hindsight taking Brady in the 5th", even if there were some definite head scratchers...