Video: Mayock on Watkins (Midseason Report)

johnwalter

He highlighted what most are missing: Sammy's powerful upper body and fast arms, he's shaking off press coverage at the line by swatting away the defenders hands like nothing. IMO if bills were paying attention against pats they would have realized that he's a nightmare matchup for revis. Revis can't jam him at the line, and has to respect his speed downfield meaning he'll bite on upfield moves like on the catch mayock showed.

Edited by JTSP

He highlighted what most are missing: Sammy's powerful upper body and fast arms, he's shaking off press coverage at the line by swatting away the defenders hands like nothing. IMO if bills were paying attention against pats they would have realized that he's a nightmare matchup for revis. Revis can't jam him at the line, and has to respect his speed downfield meaning he'll bite on upfield moves like on the catch mayock showed.

I agree, I'm not afraid of Revis with Sammy out there. Especially as he gets close to 100% healthy.

Really good piece. It even seemed like it was done before the Jets game because I don't remember him mentioning any plays from that, which highlighted ability to get deep and that incredible cut and acceleration on the 61 yard TD.

Second play in the clip.

And as good as his hands are and as strong as he is, his feet are what sets him apart. Just fantastic footwork. I can see why my friends told me to just look at his feet when watching his highlights.

GO BILLS!!!

Second play in the clip.

And as good as his hands are and as strong as he is, his feet are what sets him apart. Just fantastic footwork. I can see why my friends told me to just look at his feet when watching his highlights.

GO BILLS!!!

Thx. He didn't analyze any plays from the Jets game I don't think, you mean at the beginning when they showed a few quick hits? I remember Texans, Revis, and a few against Vikes. I will have to watch it again (i could watch it all day... ha)

I still get chills every time I hear Goodell say "The Cleveland Browns have traded the #4 pick in the NFL Draft to the Buffalo Bills. The Bills are now on the clock."

Me too, man. I keep playing back the commish saying "Sammy Watkins." And still getting excited from that memory. Thank you Doug Whaley!

Edited by Big C

Me too, man. I keep playing back the commish saying "Sammy Watkins." And still getting excited from that memory. Thank you Doug Whaley!

So true. I couldn't believe it. Me and my buddies were watching Watkins dominate in the Orange Bowl and saying "That guy is unstoppable. I would love the Bills to get him but there is no way that will happen." I was thrilled with the trade right off the bat.

@JasonLaCanfora: Bills star rookie WR Sammy Watkins played through broken ribs in Sept. Feeling much better lately; stats have soared: http://t.co/0qOQwh8tUM

Somebody ask LaStartARoomah if the Bills are still in danger of moving to Toronto?

This brings up an annoying aspect of Vic Carucci's mid season report card -- he mentioned Revis "made Sammy virtually disappear" in the first game and this was clearly not the case. For whatever reason Orton didn't target him, but he got consistent separation.

Kyle won't make that mistake again.