Week 9 - Who to root for. The Dolphins?!

After a quick peek at the nfl schedule this week, I'm pretty sure I will be blasphemous and rooting for the Jets and the Dolphins. I know how criminal that sounds so please convince me otherwise.

I'm much more concerned about the Chargers as a potential playoff contender than the Dolphins. And in order for the Dolphins to get to, say, 10-6, they would have to beat us next Thursday, which they are not going to do. They are a 8-8 team, do not have great coaching, and have plenty of holes.

So I'm really not worried about them. And if they beat us, we don't really have a great shot at the playoffs either. We need that game.

So I think I don't mind the Dolphins being 5-3 going against us if it meant the Chargers who already beat us were 5-4 instead of 6-3.

And the Jets are going nowhere so we want them to beat The Chiefs, even though it's highly unlikely.

Talk me out of this madness!

Edited by Kelly the Dog

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a quick peek at the nfl schedule this week, I'm pretty sure I will be blasphemous and rooting for the Jets and the Dolphins. I know how criminal that sounds so please convince me otherwise.

I'm much more concerned about the Chargers as a potential playoff contender than the Dolphins. And in order for the Dolphins to get to, say, 10-6, they would have to beat us next Thursday, which they are not going to do. They are a 8-8 team, do not have great coaching, and have plenty of holes.

So I'm really not worried about them. And if they beat us, we don't really have a great shot at the playoffs either. We need that game.

So I think I don't mind the Dolphins being 5-3 going against us if it meant the Chargers who already beat us were 5-4 instead of 6-3.

And the Jets are going nowhere so we want them to beat The Chiefs, even though it's highly unlikely.

Talk me out of this madness!

I think it is just a guess at this point who the Bills should have win. I agree San Diego is better than Miami, but they have an extremely difficult second half schedule. And a more motivated Miami team will not help the Bills on Thursday night. I think only time will tell which was the right outcome. Perhaps a tie.

Ugh. Sorry 26. I even looked on the entire front page and read a thread I hadnt read before about the playoff scenarios to make sure this wasn't getting discussed. :D

No worries Kelly. :thumbsup:

Thanks, good stuff there. Nice to be thinking about these things well into November, for a change.

A most welcome change to be sure.

Ahhhhh...its not NOV yet........but, tomorrow, OK!

The implication being, we don't play until a week from Sunday, so not much changes for our playoff tracking until well into November.

That's just so..... Unnatural!

I hate Dolphins the most because I would sit by the fire in the basement trying to thaw out as it went from gray to dark outside. The Miami fans were all prancing around in their tee shirts and flip flops basking in the sunshine. How could that not scar a kid? And then was the whole oh-for-the-70's thing.

But I will try if I must...

Actually rooting for the Jets or Dolphins would be like making out with my sister. Something forbidden and shameful. That said, I wouldn't mind it if the Jets beat the Chiefs. I'm pulling for San Diego because I think Miami is gaining momentum, and we need them to lose as many games as possible to stay ahead of them in the division. I know most folks are just hoping for a wild card berth, but I think we can win the division.