Resign Jerry Hughes

Dude found his calling. . .he will get another 10+ sack season this year. Him, KW, Dareus and Mario with Kiko, Brown, Bradham and Lawson as LBs. I know that's eight, but I am switching in and out at LB. That's a front seven to go to war with EVERY week.

Searcy, Aaron Williams, McLovin and Corey Graham, with Robey and Gilmore in the mix is a secondary that is just sick.

Bills fans, they have their defense! Now we need the offense to come into play, and it seems to with an above average QB. With the receiving weapons the team has, as well as the RBs, this team could have finally turned the corner. Just need one or two more pieces, namely a future QB and a Guard.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way we are going to be able to keep all of these guys together. Hughes is going to command big money as is Dareus. We can't afford to pay our 4 D-Lineman that much and field the rest of the team. The only thing we have going for us is that we don't need to pay our linebackers crap as they are all in their rookie deals.

There is no way we are going to be able to keep all of these guys together. Hughes is going to command big money as is Dareus. We can't afford to pay our 4 D-Lineman that much and field the rest of the team. The only thing we have going for us is that we don't need to pay our linebackers crap as they are all in their rookie deals.

You answered your own problem. If you look at it as paying the front seven as a whole instead of just the front four, we surely can pay both.

In 2014 there was 20 mil in dead money between fitz stevie and mark anderson. I think we can sign then both.

How much will we have in dead money salary tied up in Stevie's bonus and Mike Williams in 2015. I ask because Im not sure but I think its significant.

Gerald McCoy is getting $14M a year which is the neighborhood that Dareus will be in. He is going to be around $100M with about half guaranteed.

I think Dareus is just a notch below. Probably get on the low end 9 million a year and on the high end 12 million a year. Also get a good chunk guaranteed. Hughes will likely get 6-8 million a year too. The front office should use the dead money that Fitz and Mark Anderson are taking up this year to take care of those guys. Maybe Mario restructures his deal (Probably won't take less money but maybe he just makes his deal more cap friendly) to give the Bills some more cap room

How much will we have in dead money salary tied up in Stevie's bonus and Mike Williams in 2015. I ask because Im not sure but I think its significant.

Mike Williams has zero guaranteed money due to him next year. So in the likely even Williams gets cut (Only way he stays on the team is if he takes a restructured deal which I don't think he will do and I don't think the team wants him anyway) the team will clear his full salary with no cap penalty. Not sure about Stevie but I thought that his bonus was tied up in this year.

I think Dareus is just a notch below. Probably get on the low end 9 million a year and on the high end 12 million a year. Also get a good chunk guaranteed. Hughes will likely get 6-8 million a year too. The front office should use the dead money that Fitz and Mark Anderson are taking up this year to take care of those guys. Maybe Mario restructures his deal (Probably won't take less money but maybe he just makes his deal more cap friendly) to give the Bills some more cap room

Dareus has already indicated that he wants $100M and with that McCoy contract he will be right in that neighborhood. They were both 3rd overall picks, both went to the Pro Bowl in year 3 (McCoy may have already gone in his 2nd) and both are ascending. Their contracts will be very, very close.

Hughes is probably $10M in my mind. Tamba Hali is 5 years and $55M. I think that Hughes will be a tick below that but not far.

Mike Williams has zero guaranteed money due to him next year. So in the likely even Williams gets cut (Only way he stays on the team is if he takes a restructured deal which I don't think he will do and I don't think the team wants him anyway) the team will clear his full salary with no cap penalty. Not sure about Stevie but I thought that his bonus was tied up in this year.

Stevie had a relatively old contract (ie time to amortize the bonus) and not a huge signing bonus to begin with. It'll be noticeable but not crippling by any means.

Dareus has already indicated that he wants $100M and with that McCoy contract he will be right in that neighborhood. They were both 3rd overall picks, both went to the Pro Bowl in year 3 (McCoy may have already gone in his 2nd) and both are ascending. Their contracts will be very, very close.

Hughes is probably $10M in my mind. Tamba Hali is 5 years and $55M. I think that Hughes will be a tick below that but not far.

I originally thought it'd be closer to 10 for MD but it's very clearly going to be near identical to McCoy. I think Hughes is probably about where you put him too. You can get some good role playing pass rushers in that ball park if it doesn't work out though.

I place more value on Spikes because his value/cost ratio is much friendlier. Signing Hughes now too big will impact many other players on this tea.

I would extend corbin Bryant now and spikes around mid December and keep open dialogue in the meantime to Hughes. Locking up Bryant now clears that up and keeps a backup plan entact.

Wynn and searcy are also set to be free agents.

I think it's going to be more along the lines of Hughes getting over $10mil/year on the open market and Dareus is probably now thinking more like $15mil/year after seeing what McCoy is got.

I place more value on Spikes because his value/cost ratio is much friendlier. Signing Hughes now too big will impact many other players on this tea.

I would extend corbin Bryant now and spikes around mid December and keep open dialogue in the meantime to Hughes. Locking up Bryant now clears that up and keeps a backup plan entact.

Wynn and searcy are also set to be free agents.

Even with the emergence of Preston Brown at OLB, who happens to really be more of a MLB. and needs to find a spot with Kiko coming back? :)

Personally, I think asking Mario to restructure and extend is priority number 1. Depending how that goes, Dareus is the most important, IMO. I'd be willing to lose Hughes and Spikes if it meant being able to sign Bryant, Wynn, and Searcy to more affordable contracts since we still need some cash for Glenn on the other side of the ball. :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDareustein