Bills are only scoring enough points to win most of their games...

eball

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO. I know, I know. I looked at it as him missing that point after he should be good the rest of his career now.

I don't know, man. 5 kids for every 100 times I have sex. Thats like 1 in 20 probability. Roughly the same as the Bills frequency of making playoffs. Which circles back to eball's original post.

Buffalo 22.3 ppg on offense.

Wins against opponents with higher PPG then Bills.

Losses to opponents with higher PPG then Bills

Wins against opponents with lower PPG then Bills

@Bears 22.5 ppg W

Dolphins 24.9 ppg W

Chargers 25.6 ppg L

@Texans 23.1 ppg L

@Lions 20.3 ppg W

Patriots 29.8 ppg L

Vikings 17.4 ppg W

@Jets 18.0 ppg W

------------------

Going forward:

Chiefs 25.1 ppg

@Dolphins 24.9 ppg

Jets 18.0 ppg

@Browns 23.3 ppg

@Broncos 32.0 ppg

Packers 27.8 ppg

@Raiders 15.0 ppg

@Patriots 29.8 ppg

We only outscore 2 out of our final 8 opponents.

The Bills defense allows 20.6 ppg.

You only need to score 1 more point then the other team

Do you even watch the games ?

geesh John

Exactly. And we'll keep wearing paper bags on our heads until the team gives us what we've come to expect: embarrassing losses.

damn right we will brother !

Who's with me !!!

Have sex more often when she is pregnant, reduces the odds.

have sex whenever you can

screw the odds

I don't know, man. 5 kids for every 100 times I have sex. Thats like 1 in 20 probability. Roughly the same as the Bills frequency of making playoffs. Which circles back to eball's original post.

That would be about right. I've been married 23 years and have 3 kids....

Rewatching the game, and reading the JETS forums (I know, it isn't healthy), we gave them hope repeatedly, when there should have been NONE.

Why is it so hard to admit that our offense should have looked more capable even during a win?

Our defense won't get 6 turnovers (we can hope though) against the Broncos, Patriots or the Packers. Will 17 points be enough to beat those teams? Our postseason run may come down to one of those 3 teams, if we don't run the table on the other teams we think we can beat.

Edited by What a Tuel

Rewatching the game, and reading the JETS forums (I know, it isn't healthy), we gave them hope repeatedly, when there should have been NONE.

Why is it so hard to admit that our offense should have looked more capable even during a win?

Our defense won't get 6 turnovers (we can hope though) against the Broncos, Patriots or the Packers. Will 17 points be enough to beat those teams? Our postseason run may come down to one of those 3 teams, if we don't run the table on the other teams we think we can beat.

I can only speak for myself, but even thought I admit that the offense could have been better, I tend to focus on these three elements:

1. The Offense drove to a TD on its first possession. Aided by a penalty, yes, but still based on some very nice KO throws and determined play by Woods. The first time they have done that all year.

2. When the game was 14-7 and seemed precarious, with the Bills inside their own 15, KO had the confidence, and SW had the skill, to hook up for an 84 yard pass on third down that led to a TD. Mugwumps will focus on Sammy's showboating, but I have to ask: How often in the past have Bills quarterbacks or offenses been willing or able to convert on a play like that? And note that while the high character posters in the shout box were wringing their hands, the Bills calmly ran two running plays up the middle to score that TD.

3. After those two lackluster FG "drives" in the third quarter the O drove the dagger home not only with the TD to Chandler (also on third down, let it be noted) but also with the great slant pass to Sammy (also on third down).

Do they need to get better? Sure. Will they always play teams as bad as the Jets turned out to be? Of course not. But there is plenty in the glass this week. Well, at least until I raise it and empty it in honor of a satisfying road victory. :beer:

Are you telling me that i have to wait 20 years for the Bills to make the playoffs?

I can only speak for myself, but even thought I admit that the offense could have been better, I tend to focus on these three elements:

1. The Offense drove to a TD on its first possession. Aided by a penalty, yes, but still based on some very nice KO throws and determined play by Woods. The first time they have done that all year.

2. When the game was 14-7 and seemed precarious, with the Bills inside their own 15, KO had the confidence, and SW had the skill, to hook up for an 84 yard pass on third down that led to a TD. Mugwumps will focus on Sammy's showboating, but I have to ask: How often in the past have Bills quarterbacks or offenses been willing or able to convert on a play like that? And note that while the high character posters in the shout box were wringing their hands, the Bills calmly ran two running plays up the middle to score that TD.

3. After those two lackluster FG "drives" in the third quarter the O drove the dagger home not only with the TD to Chandler (also on third down, let it be noted) but also with the great slant pass to Sammy (also on third down).

Do they need to get better? Sure. Will they always play teams as bad as the Jets turned out to be? Of course not. But there is plenty in the glass this week. Well, at least until I raise it and empty it in honor of a satisfying road victory. :beer:

yes the LONG drive was great. unfortunately the team had few long drives throughout and none in the 3rd QTR.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever