"Experts"

Perhaps now that the Bills layed the lumber on a team that the "Experts" all picked to beat our team, they'll earn a bit of respect. What a horrible showing by people who supposedly know the game. Goes to show you these guys do NO homework on the teams they pick. They're no more knowledgeable than Joe Baggadonuts on his La-Z-Boy.

Perhaps now that the Bills layed the lumber on a team that the "Experts" all picked to beat our team, they'll earn a bit of respect. What a horrible showing by people who supposedly know the game. Goes to show you these guys do NO homework on the teams they pick. They're no more knowledgeable than Joe Baggadonuts on his La-Z-Boy.

Borders on the ludicrous how bad the so-called experts are in sports. The problem is they aren't experts, they are "names". In many cases they are guys who really have little perspective. Take someone like Michael Irvin, he was treated like a superstar all throughout college, the pros and post career. He doesn't, cannot give the kind of insights that someone who worked his way through the game can. He is being paid for his name!

Edited by 75Bills

i thought the bills were probably going to lose as well, mostly because i begin every game thinking that they'll probably lose. it's my nature.

that said, it's going to be fun hearing the revisionists talk about how the jets officially suck now. before sunday's game, they were the greatest 1-win team in the history of the league, a group that only lost because their opponents were among the top teams in the nfl. the way people were talking about them, you would have thought that they were lombardi's packers if not for a few unfortunate plays that cost them games.

of course, now that the bills beat them, the story will just be that the jets really suck, were never really that good, and truly are the 1-win team that their record indicates. and the bills will remain the mediocre team that everyone suspects they are.

Edited by Dirtbag

The only thing that worried me was the Jets having a mini bye coming off the Thursday game. I thought if ever they could put together an offensive gameplan it would be this week...... I suppose benching your starting QB after 4 series throws that out anyway. They are not a good team. They are who their record says they are. We are a good football team. I thought we would win and was shocked to see so many pundits pick the Jets.

The only takeaway for the talking heads will be that the Jets are terrible, and that Sammy showboated.

Haha, very true. But who cares? And honestly, we should be slept until we make the playoffs. We've been here before.

But I guarantee if we do make the playoffs, we will be a very talked about team and probably the darlings.

National Sports Media knows as much about the Buffalo Bills as they know about the history of the relationship of the Ukraine and Russia.

"They like don't like each other and used to be one country and now they're not but some parts are, right?"

"The Bills aren't that good, and don't have a lot of talent and gave up a boatload for a WR, the Jets, I've heard of them before so the Jets will win."

Edited by Why So Serious?

So far the articles I've read by "experts" have been that the Jets suck, the Bills suck, because Watkins showboated, and the team hasn't blown out the other guys in every one of their wins, and blah blah.

Listen, the Bills won a couple *tough* road games by a close margin. Took care of business against the Dolphins and Jets.... and had a crappy game they pulled out against the Vikings.

To me that's not a bad team. It's not a great team. We aren't going to the Superbowl, that's for sure. But we should very well be in the playoff hunt this year, and that's pretty cool.

I'm embarrassed for Joe B and Howard Simon on the pregame show wetting their panties over the Jets and predicting a Bills loss. This from the "Official Home Of The Bills??"

The Bills are fairly consistent from week to week. The Jets are wildly inconsistent, and it usually comes down to whether good Geno or bad Geno shows up. I realize the Vegas experts have to set a betting line but if Geno is the QB I'd almost take their games off the board.

If Geno played against the Bills like he did against the Pats, it would have been a different game. I'm assuming the ridiculous play calling that Hackett inflicted on us was just a matter of not doing anything to interfere with the Jets self-destructing. No turnovers, no freebies, play good solid field position, score a few times, and watch the other guys shoot holes in their feet. If the Bills needed to move the ball more, they could have done so easily by passing almost every down. Every single run up the middle was a waste of a down. The Bills O line can't block the Jets' good D line, and I will have no idea whether Brown or Dixon is a legitimate runner until they get a chance to run through an actual hole.

The Jets came off playing the Patriots really well, and weren't that bad against Denver.... we don't generally win on the road against NJ... we have a crap offensive line, and they have a terrifying front seven... it was an easy prediction to make, that the Jets would win an ugly game.

If it weren't for the really questionable throws by Geno, it certainly would have been a close/ugly game. Luckily for us, the Jets have a dumpster fire of talent at QB and WR. :)

The Jets came off playing the Patriots really well, and weren't that bad against Denver.... we don't generally win on the road against NJ... we have a crap offensive line, and they have a terrifying front seven... it was an easy prediction to make, that the Jets would win an ugly game.

If it weren't for the really questionable throws by Geno, it certainly would have been a close/ugly game. Luckily for us, the Jets have a dumpster fire of talent at QB and WR. :)

It was ugly. It was fun watching the Jests implode though. Would have been better if it were the Pats*, but still fun to watch.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Don't watch, or pay attention to the pre-game shows, or the "experts" picks at all, and I haven't for many, many years now.

The reality is that there are millions of Americans who have been closely watching NFL football for years, and know way, way more about the game than the so-called experts. And of course since parity is alive and well, the on "Any given Sunday" paradigm is always in play.......to wit, Cleveland at Jacksonville last weekend.

Don't watch, or pay attention to the pre-game shows, or the "experts" picks at all, and I haven't for many, many years now.

The reality is that there are millions of Americans who have been closely watching NFL football for years, and know way, way more about the game than the so-called experts. And of course since parity is alive and well, the on "Any given Sunday" paradigm is always in play.......to wit, Cleveland at Jacksonville last weekend.

It's that way in everything with "experts" - politics, entertainment, etc. I don't fault the people who try to act like "experts." They get paid. I just worry about the folks that blindly follow them.

It's like people getting mad at Matthew Berry for bad fantast advice. Make up your own mind.

I bilieve the Bills were something like 3-27 on the road against the spread in their own division last 30.

Just cuz a Blind squirrel found a nut, doesnt mean that the EXPERTS were so wrong to take the Jets. Even Vegas had the Jest as 3 point favorite.

Just sayin.

I bilieve the Bills were something like 3-27 on the road against the spread in their own division last 30.

Just cuz a Blind squirrel found a nut, doesnt mean that the EXPERTS were so wrong to take the Jets. Even Vegas had the Jest as 3 point favorite.

Just sayin.

Right, because that is important

On paper I can understand favoring a desperate jets team at home vs the same old bills mantra.

Difference is they can win without running the ball well all of the sudden, the defense aside from getting gashed by Vick runs played very well, and this stud WR is really separating himself from the others as a master of all trades. He can do RAC, track the deep ball and all the underneath stuff. He's as complete a wr as the bills have had since at least moulds, maybe reed.

One other surprise for me, the pass protection seemed generally better this week.

All they do is what we do in Fantasy Football: Look at yesterday's results and compare them to today's schedule. There is very little insight and, as teams emerge, many surprises.

The Bills have definitely elevated themselves from a bottom feeder to a 2nd tier team. They probably will not make the playoffs, but are capable of beating playoff teams.

What makes Terry Bradshaw an expert other than the fact he has an arm? It takes more than having "been there" or seen it.

I'll play devil's advocate.

I spent the better part of a year in Saudi Arabia. While that doesn't make me an expert, it does mean I know more about the place than someone who has never been there.

Bradshaw played for 14 seasons, including 4 SB wins. He's covered the NFL for an additional 30 years. I don't know if this makes him an "expert," but he certainly knows more about football than the average fan.