Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

i broke this down (in my head) ignoring tie breakers heres what would get us in and who you should root for ( or use voodoo against ) in the last two weeks.

Granted we win our last 2 we need these teams to lose the following games.....

KC loses to SD next week =out at 9-7

SD loses to SF week 17 =out at 9/7 (if they lose in denver today)

Pitt Loses out to both KC and Cin or wins both =out at 9/7 or div leader

Cin loses out to both Denv and Pitt= out at 9 wins

Balt loses out to clev & Hou = were in or can win out as long as Cinc/Pitt loses out

plan for next week...

Sat root for SF over SD!!!

Sun watch pitt/kc

a. if pitt wins ....root against cinc in the sun night game!

b. root for balt to lose!

week 17

a. ...(Pitt won week 16) root for pitt over cinc

or ...(Pitt lost week 16) root for SD over KC

c. root for balt to lose!

Edited by enlightener

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a chance the Pats will have sown up first seed before week 17? If so, does anyone think they will give Brady or Gronk the week off?

Doubt it. Belichick will play them until the game is out of control. I don't ever remember him resting his starters.

But both are older now. But you're right; can't see them doing it, esp if Bills need the win to make playoffs.

Unless it could possibly help them play the Bills the division round, because they'd surely love to play Buffalo at Gillette knowing their dominance over us

Chargers just lost their game, so that helps us a little. :)

I think that helps a lot...any time a team we lost to loses it helps.

As I stated in another thread I believe our path of least resistance is Cincy losing to Denver and Pittsburgh, with San Diego and kc losing at least one more; ideally, kc loses at Pitt next week and San Diego loses at either San Fran or kc.

Honestly, we really should be big fans of Denver and Pittsburgh now.

Here is what we need to happen in week 16 for the Bills to control it's own destiny going into week 17:

Thursday 12/18:

TEN @ JAX - Jax over Tennessee - Jax is currently -3

Saturday 12/20:

SD @ SF - SF over SD - SF is currently -3

Sunday 12/21 (All games are early):

BAL @ HOU - HOU over BAL - BAL is currently -3.5

CLE @ CAR - CLE over CAR - Game is currently off the board

GB @ TB - GB over TB - GB is currently -10.5

KC @ PIT - PIT over KC - PIT is currently -3

NE @ NYJ - NE over NYJ - NE is currently -10

The beauty of this is the teams we need to win are all favorites except the stupid Browns. I would much rather go into that hell hole known as Foxboro with a win an we're in scenario than needing help, but that's just me.

Edit: I don't think the Chicago/Detroit game matters at all because the Bills beat both teams

Edited by SACTOBILLSFAN

If KC beats Pittsburgh....and Baltimore beats Houston....then buffalo is eliminated ( assuming no ties) before they snap the ball at OAK.

Why? KC/SD winner is assured of 10 wins and Baltimore has 10 wins, and PIT/CIN winner is assured of 10 wins

Djp, I think you corrected this later in the thread, but this is not accurate. I'm fact, I cannot come up with a scenario where the Bills win next week and are still eliminated. There could be one, but

I haven't found it yet. If anyone isn't familiar with it, the ESPN playoff machine is very helpful in determining who beats whom in tiebreakers and why.

@thadbrown7

#Bills win zero tiebreakers. To make playoffs, must win 2 and get 3 of following 5 teams to NOT win 10: CIN PIT BAL KC SD

Yikes. That's a tall order. Actually 2 tall orders.

CIN 9-4-1 plays @ DEN, @ PIT

PIT 9-5 plays KC, CIN

BAL 9-5 plays @ HOU, CLE

KC 8-6 plays @PIT, SD

SD 8-6 plays @SF, @KC

BAL has an easy path to 11 wins, it seems to me.

PIT plays 2 other teams on the list. So any outcome of those games hurts and helps us. If PIT loses both and stays at 9-5, then CIN gets to 10 and KC gets to 9.

KC also plays 2 teams on the list. I don't think they win both, however.

Only BAL doesn't play another team on the list. We want them to lose out, but that isn't likely.

Yikes.

kj

PIT 9-5 plays KC, CIN

BAL 9-5 plays @ HOU, CLE

KC 8-6 plays @PIT, SD

SD 8-6 plays @SF, @KC

BAL has an easy path to 11 wins, it seems to me.

PIT plays 2 other teams on the list. So any outcome of those games hurts and helps us. If PIT loses both and stays at 9-5, then CIN gets to 10 and KC gets to 9.

KC also plays 2 teams on the list. I don't think they win both, however.

Only BAL doesn't play another team on the list. We want them to lose out, but that isn't likely.

Yikes.

kj

Still a slight chance if they get to 10 wins.

PIT 9-5 plays KC, CIN

BAL 9-5 plays @ HOU, CLE

KC 8-6 plays @PIT, SD

SD 8-6 plays @SF, @KC

Miami 7-7 plays Min, NYJ

Cinci lost to Pit already, lose two more which they could easily do and fall to 9-6-1

Pitt playing that stout KC D then Cinci? Could likely be 10-6, win the North.

Either way, one of those is on the outside looking in, likely Cinci. Baltimore has a chance to squeak in with Pittsburgh leaving one open spot. I'm saying KC controls their destiny next week and the keys to several other teams, including SD, Cinci, Baltimore, and us.

KC wins next week they're pretty much a sure fire to make the playoffs.