Cinn 9-4-1 loses to Den/Pitt 9-6-1

Pitt 9-5 beats KC/Cinn 11-5

KC 8-6 loses to Pitt/ wins or loses SD 9-7 or 8-8

Balt 9-5 loses to Hous/Clev 9-7

SD 8-6 loses to SanF wins or loses to KC 9-7 or 8-8

Buff 8-6 beats Oak/NE 10-6

Buff loses tie-breaker to SD and KC.

Check it out

Whether we make the playoffs or not, New England is our SUPER BOWL!!!!!

Whether we make the playoffs or not, New England is our SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

Bill B will not give us the game.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found one way for the Bills to sneak in at 9-7 :lol: (according to ESPN Playoff Machine)

Week 16

BUF > OAK

SF > SD

MIN > MIA

HOU > BAL

DEN > CIN

KC > PIT

CLE > CAR

Week 17

CLE > BAL

KC > SD

CIN > PIT

JAX > HOU

NE > BUF

basically... the only way the Bills make it in at 9-7 is if CLE, PIT, BAL are 9-7, and SD/HOU finishes 8-8... not gonna happen :lol:

Edited by Dorkington

Found one way for the Bills to sneak in at 9-7 :lol: (according to ESPN Playoff Machine)

Week 16

BUF > OAK

SF > SD

MIN > MIA

HOU > BAL

DEN > CIN

KC > PIT

CLE > CAR

Week 17

CLE > BAL

KC > SD

CIN > PIT

JAX > HOU

NE > BUF

basically... the only way the Bills make it in at 9-7 is if CLE, PIT, BAL are 9-7, and SD/HOU finishes 8-8... not gonna happen :lol:

You never know with the NFL being such a week to week league. Fingers crossed.

I have not seen this officially reported/confirmed anywhere, but according to my (rather obsessive) tinkering with the ESPN playoff machine, if the Bills beat the Raiders then they will go into week 17 alive and kickin'.

If the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers all win next week we are out.

I'm not sure why you guys think we have the tie-breaker on Ravens. We do not. If they finish 10-6 they will have us on tie-breaker #3, best win% vs common opponents. They will be 3-2 while we are 2-3 vs Mia, Cle, Hou, and SD.

Edited by Mark80

I'm not sure why you guys think we have the tie-breaker on Ravens. We do not. If they finish 10-6 they will have us on tie-breaker #3, best win% vs common opponents. They will be 3-2 while we are 2-3 vs Mia, Cle, Hou, and SD.

They do tiebreakers in divisions first, I believe. I show if all three of those win next week, we win out, and those three lose the following week, we make it in.

So Steelers win tiebreak over Ravens, eliminating them, and the Bills are in with the other 10-6 record, with other teams finishing 9-7 or below.

Edited by Dorkington

Really the offense can't get much worse, can it?

Hopefully our D is this good next year. I might change my opinion from "good" to "elite" pretty soon. :o

Consider the Preston brown gets into his second year, and the return of kiko. Only question will be what happens with Hughes and Schwarz. Who gets in my mind a lions share of credit for the sweep of the NFC north.

Now- it would be nice to get these youngsters some playoff experience.

How we come out ahead in a situation which Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Buffalo are tied at 10-6, while other teams are 9-7 or below, taken from NFL.com:

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

They do tiebreakers in divisions first, I believe. I show if all three of those win next week, we win out, and those three lose the following week, we make it in.

So Steelers win tiebreak over Ravens, eliminating them, and the Bills are in with the other 10-6 record, with other teams finishing 9-7 or below.

That's the only part of tie-breakers that confuses me. You may be correct here, which would be great! I just get confused when it's 3 teams tied for 2 slots. Is it the same procedures as 3 teams for 1 slot? Or do they do them on an individual basis....i.e. figure out who gets the #5 seed first and then figure out who gets the #6 seed. If it is two separate instances (as opposed to doing one instance, that is, 3 teams for 2 slots) then we are still screwed and out. I always thought they did them on an individual basis...So for 5 seed we would lose to Cincy in the three way tie. Then for 6 seed it would only be us and Ravens left in this scenario now and we would lose to them in a 1-1 tie breaker.

Edited by Mark80

That's the only part of tie-breakers that confuses me. You may be correct here, which would be great! I just get confused when it's 3 teams tied for 2 slots. Is it the same procedures as 3 teams for 1 slot? Or do they do them on an individual basis....i.e. figure out who gets the #5 seed first and then figure out who gets the #6 seed. If it is two separate instances (as opposed to doing one instance, that is, 3 teams for 2 slots) then we are still screwed and out.

See my post right above yours :)

See my post right above yours :)

See post right above yours!!! I agree with you if they do the tie-breakers as a group. But if they do tie-breakers for #5 seed first (Cincy may just get it alone or PItt may get with tie-breaker scenario) and then do a separate tie breaker for #6 after #5 has been determined already, we would lose out to Baltimore still 1-1. If they just do the tie breakers together in a group 5 and 6 together, then yes, we would get #6. I just don't think that is how it's done and I can't figure it out for sure in the rules.

Edited by Mark80

Yep, we are screwed, they do them individually. Look at the bottom of the multi-team wild card scenario:

"When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth."

Since Cincy or Pitt would be in at #5 they would no longer eliminate Baltimore in the "in division" tie breaker and it would just be us and Baltimore left for the #6 tie-breaker and we would lose on common opponent win %.

Edited by Mark80

You're not following though. It would only eliminate PIT or BAL for the #5 seed determination. Once that is figured out (say steelers) they re-set and do the whole thing over again...so Baltimore comes back into play for the #6 determination. Thus, we lose out.

Look at "Other Tie Breaking Procedures"

"Only one club advances to the playoffs in any tie-breaking step. Remaining tied clubs revert to the first step of the applicable division or Wild Card tie-breakers. As an example, if two clubs remain tied in any tie-breaker step after all other clubs have been eliminated, the procedure reverts to Step 1 of the two-club format to determine the winner. When one club wins the tiebreaker, all other clubs revert to Step 1 of the applicable two-club or three-club format."

Edited by Mark80

Would it be better for Cinci to beat Denver so when the Pats beat the Jets they clinch home field advantage, making their week 17 matchup against us a pointless game for them? I keep reading that the Pats don't rest their starters regardless so I guess it might not matter.

You're not following though. It would only eliminate PIT or BAL for the #5 seed determination. Once that is figured out (say steelers) they re-set and do the whole thing over again...so Baltimore comes back into play for the #6 determination. Thus, we lose out.

I guess I missed where they reset. I'll read up more.