Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you right now that we have nothing to worry about. The Bills are a lock for the playoffs. In fact, I'd almost guarantee a win in the Wild Card round as well.

Why? I'll tell you why.

A long time ago my wife and I started planning an international vacation trip, and because of her schedule, the best time for her to go was the beginning of January. So I'll be out of the country for the first two weekends in January. Big deal, I thought, it's not like we'll be actually playing any games in January.

That's a ringing endorsement if I've ever seen one!

I'll tell you right now that we have nothing to worry about. The Bills are a lock for the playoffs. In fact, I'd almost guarantee a win in the Wild Card round as well.

Why? I'll tell you why.

A long time ago my wife and I started planning an international vacation trip, and because of her schedule, the best time for her to go was the beginning of January. So I'll be out of the country for the first two weekends in January. Big deal, I thought, it's not like we'll be actually playing any games in January.

Why didn't you do this 12 years ago?!

make the WC or not. I still want the Bills D to make Cinderfella F-Bomb Brady look pedestrian.

the last decade of losing to them?!?!?!

please clarify

you might have meant that they've never won at Gillette... they did win in Foxboro - Foxboro stadium and Gillette Stadium are different.

moot point.. some things change others don't. While GB has not won in Buffalo I thought I read where there was a time the Bills had never won in Chicago either well until EJ defeated them.

So you're sayin start EJ after the raiders game? Jeez way to hijack the thread, let's keep this to the topic. /s

Somebody tell me quickly -- I don't want to go through all of the permutations -- what was the impact of Jacksonville's win last night on the Bills' chances?

I imagine that you are probably joking around but that game last night had essentially zero impact on the Bills chances. Root for Pitt over at KC, Den over Cincy, San Fran over SD, and Hou over Baltimore this week. If even 3 of those happen, then we are in very good shape going into week 17, assuming that we take care of business over the Raiders.

That low % is going to change a LOT if:

Den>Cincy

SF>SD

Pit>KC

I think it would be somewhere around 30-40% next week if all that happens

What has to happen for ANY chance first and foremost ... the BILLS win out > That also means a 3 game win streak for Buffalo .... when was the last time that happened?

A) the Steeler's need to win out

B) the Bungles need to lose out (part of above)

C) if KC could win out. but the Ravens need to lose out

On Any Given Sunday any team can win.....

So you're sayin start EJ after the raiders game? Jeez way to hijack the thread, let's keep this to the topic. /s

I am keeping with the topics.

earlier discussions were about road wins and losses and losing streaks against certain teams in specific locations.

Orton is NOT making any Bills fan feel that he can even with the next game!!!

Or is it the mere mention of EJ that upsets you?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

There are actually a few scenarios that exist where we can make it in with a 9-7 record, such as the Ravens, Steelers, Browns finishing 9-7, the Browns would leapfrog one of those teams in the division tiebreaker and then we would leapfrog the Browns in the conference based on head-to-head record. We would also need either the Chargers or Chiefs to finish 8-8. In that scenario, the Bills and either Chiefs/Chargers would get the wildcard and Cincy would win the North.

There are actually a few scenarios that exist where we can make it in with a 9-7 record, such as the Ravens, Steelers, Browns finishing 9-7, the Browns would leapfrog one of those teams in the division tiebreaker and then we would leapfrog the Browns in the conference based on head-to-head record. We would also need either the Chargers or Chiefs to finish 8-8. In that scenario, the Bills and either Chiefs/Chargers would get the wildcard and Cincy would win the North.

I believe you are mistaken.

please indicate the scenarios because I just don't see it.

I imagine that you are probably joking around but that game last night had essentially zero impact on the Bills chances. Root for Pitt over at KC, Den over Cincy, San Fran over SD, and Hou over Baltimore this week. If even 3 of those happen, then we are in very good shape going into week 17, assuming that we take care of business over the Raiders.

Ya think? :doh:

The Denver over Cincy game scares me. I know we basically want Pitt to win out and theyre home for both which is good but if Cincy loses to Denver then NE has a lot to play for week 17 when we come to town. I just dont know if we can beat them in Foxboro when theyre really trying to win. If Cincy wins this week, knowing it makes things more complicated moving forward, it greatly increases our chances of winning week 17 which is the most important/difficult part of all of this.

The Denver over Cincy game scares me. I know we basically want Pitt to win out and theyre home for both which is good but if Cincy loses to Denver then NE has a lot to play for week 17 when we come to town. I just dont know if we can beat them in Foxboro when theyre really trying to win. If Cincy wins this week, knowing it makes things more complicated moving forward, it greatly increases our chances of winning week 17 which is the most important/difficult part of all of this.

If you truly want the Bills in the playoffs, you have to pray that the Bungles lose out. That tie they got really mucked things up.