A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bottom line in this game was that the best QB won. Orton didn't turn the ball over. Geno and Vick can't find or don't even know where their first option is. One of the worst QB performances I've ever witnessed and that is saying something being a Bills fan. Obviously if the Jets QB play was better you would have expected Hackett to attack down the field after those turnovers rather than running up the middle and allowing the Jets D to settle back into the game and halt momentum but it just seemed like the Jets QB's were going to blow this game no matter what opportunities they were given.

Good point. And the gift from Harvin on that runback to his own 1 was as good as it gets. What a freaking idiot! I respect Carroll for purging him from his football team, talent notwithstanding.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bradham missed three key tackles in the first half: one against Vick in which Vick converted a long third down to keep a drive alive; one against Percy Harvin in the backfield in which he took a bad angle and in which Harvin converted a long third down by getting to the Bills 7; and a missed tackle on an Ivory td run to make it 24-14 (bad angle again). He also cost the Bills 3 probable points with his taunting penalty, and his hit to the head of Vick also led to a first down that resulted in points. He did not have a good game regardless of all the tackles. Hopefully he learns from the 3 personal fouls he accumulated. He's a pretty good player (although a little stiff) but he can be better.

I agree, he needs to settle down a bit at times. He's very athletic against Vick and Harvin you just can't pin your ears and think you will get them. If he takes better angles he got them.

Is there a more stupid penalty than the taunting penalty? Inexcusable,.

- Refreshing that we had a real announcer today in Gannon. His comments about Bills defense, and secondary were spot on. Theyre both very good

- Which brings me to my 2nd point. So sick of people trashing our secondary on this board. Gilmore and McKelvin make a strong pair. If one pass is completed against a DB, people on this board trash the guy. By that standard Deion sucked too

- Conservative game plan was right call. We have a shaky Oline, going against a strong D on the road. This game was always about letting our Defense shut down Geno & co, and the offense staying out of the way

- I dont really care about the Sammy missed TD. He'll learn and it wasnt bad. People are acting like he was doing an Ocho-Cinco, when all he did was slow down prematurely. The real takeaway is how explosive he was on that play and the TD he did get.

- Orton has all the qualities of a leader (strong arm, audibles, puts guys in position to make plays, can get the ball out quickly, doesnt play scared) EXCEPT he doesn't feel pressure at all. He simply wasn't born with that gene. This more than anything has the risk of costing us some games with him

- With the bye, I expect Bryce Brown to be worked into the game plan better against KC

- Denver about to the give Pats their 3rd loss next week. That puts us just 1/2th game behind

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

- Refreshing that we had a real announcer today in Gannon. His comments about Bills defense, and secondary were spot on. Theyre both very good

- Which brings me to my 2nd point. So sick of people trashing our secondary on this board. Gilmore and McKelvin make a strong pair. If one pass is completed against a DB, people on this board trash the guy. By that standard Deion sucked too

- Conservative game plan was right call. We have a shaky Oline, going against a strong D on the road. This game was always about letting our Defense shut down Geno & co, and the offense staying out of the way

- I dont really care about the Sammy missed TD. He'll learn and it wasnt bad. People are acting like he was doing an Ocho-Cinco, when all he did was slow down prematurely. The real takeaway is how explosive he was on that play and the TD he did get.

- Orton has all the qualities of a leader (strong arm, audibles, puts guys in position to make plays, can get the ball out quickly, doesnt play scared) EXCEPT he doesn't feel pressure at all. He simply wasn't born with that gene. This more than anything has the risk of costing us some games with him

- With the bye, I expect Bryce Brown to be worked into the game plan better against KC

Gannon is the best. I wish we had him every week. He understands the game and doesn't pull punches.

I don't know. Woods was laying there obviously in pain, and in a way he is his direct competition.

I don't think the Bills are a great enough team to allow such potentially distractive idiocy from a player who IS talented, but has a history of being a miscreant, and is asking for a trade.

I think mike Williams just had blinders on to the whole point.

In summation, myself personally, I think its nothing but still file it away to memory because in totality it may be something.

No one taught Williams a damn thing about leverage and quickness, he's been doing it that way his whole career and in college too. Why the dis on Mike Williams (cut him) I must have missed something?? Great effort by QB and the D. OL got stuffed, but not embarrassed like in the last game. Hld their own with Urbek at LG. Pears still looks terrible. Wood was nothing to write home about and had his hands full with a bigger physical NG. He needs help from a OG against this type of physical DL and can't be expected to always be the helper.

Yea Rich Gannon was a massive improvement on the shambles we have had the last few weeks in the comm box.

Was it Gannon who said that Hackett is a friend of his, and he knows that Hackett will be disappointed in the poor running game of the Bills. I started yelling at the TV that if it is not working, then change it up!

The story of this game begins and ends with the offensive coaching. There was great play all over the field, and at times, it looked like Marrone and/or Hackett were purposefully trying to lose. I've never seen a coaching staff continually beating their collective heads against a wall like today. They were trying to do something that just wasn't working... playing to the Jets strength and exposing our weakness.

If not for an amazing defensive effort, the season would be all but over. We won today, but for most of the game it felt like we were losing. Such a frustrating game!

The story of this game begins and ends with the offensive coaching. There was great play all over the field, and at times, it looked like Marrone and/or Hackett were purposefully trying to lose. I've never seen a coaching staff continually beating their collective heads against a wall like today. They were trying to do something that just wasn't working... playing to the Jets strength and exposing our weakness.

If not for an amazing defensive effort, the season would be all but over. We won today, but for most of the game it felt like we were losing. Such a frustrating game!

Seriously? You are a depressingly sad person.

Yeah, only scored 43 points. So frustrating.

Seriously, some of you people need to relax. This is a good team who wins games and has a real chance at the playoffs. This is really the best team we've had in a generation. Nothing frustrating about that.

Speak for yourself, because that was not my case, far from it.

Edited by Fixxxer

I don't know. Woods was laying there obviously in pain, and in a way he is his direct competition.

I don't think the Bills are a great enough team to allow such potentially distractive idiocy from a player who IS talented, but has a history of being a miscreant, and is asking for a trade.

Mike Williams was brought in to be the 3rd receiver, not Woods competition. If MW is competing with anyone, it's Hogan.

I love his physical style as well. What he really needs work on are his pursuit angles. Gannon talked about knowing your own speed and Nigel needs to work on that.

Yup, but he wasn't alone. They did a poor job containing Vick prior to the 4th quarter. It was about the only downside on the defensive side today.