A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bottom line in this game was that the best QB won. Orton didn't turn the ball over. Geno and Vick can't find or don't even know where their first option is. One of the worst QB performances I've ever witnessed and that is saying something being a Bills fan.

When the announcers were saying they can't remember a QB having such a rough start to a game I immediately thought of Trent's 3 picks in the first 4 possessions vs the Clowns on MNF at the Ralph in 2009 or whenever it was.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When the announcers were saying they can't remember a QB having such a rough start to a game I immediately thought of Trent's 3 picks in the first 4 possessions vs the Clowns on MNF at the Ralph in 2009 or whenever it was.

I'll take you back farther...home vs. Cincy (also on a Monday night) thirteen years ago. Kelly threw three picks in the first quarter but the Bills only trailed 3-0. He then threw five TDs and they won in a laugher.

It's why having 3 QBs on the roster who were all so inexperienced was a big mistake last year. Who exactly were they supposed to learn from? The rookie OC?

No, Kevin Kolb. Remember him? He was going to be so good that Marrone didn't feel the need to hire a QB coach.

Don't you ever stop? It must be horrible to be so miserable after your team wins because it was the wrong QB.

another mouth heard from.

I was surprised when I saw the stat today. If you can't handle the truth ....... well that's your problem.

It doesn't matter who the QB is when the total passes by the Bills offense was 17, and NOT to mention only 2 rushing 1st downs on 32 total rushes

if you believe that output will win the division and a playoff game

shame on you Jim

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I'll let Watkin's move pass...this time. That trade up i looking better every week. The better we do, the less likely the pick the Browns get will be a gamechanger. Plus, I think we need to go guard or TE, which you can get with a nice second round pick

it's not "Watkin's" ......FYI

I'll let Watkin's move pass...this time. That trade up i looking better every week. The better we do, the less likely the pick the Browns get will be a gamechanger. Plus, I think we need to go guard or TE, which you can get with a nice second round pick

That's what we said this year and got Kujo and then Cyrus....How many OL do you pick with high round draft picks?

The story of this game begins and ends with the offensive coaching. There was great play all over the field, and at times, it looked like Marrone and/or Hackett were purposefully trying to lose. I've never seen a coaching staff continually beating their collective heads against a wall like today. They were trying to do something that just wasn't working... playing to the Jets strength and exposing our weakness.

If not for an amazing defensive effort, the season would be all but over. We won today, but for most of the game it felt like we were losing. Such a frustrating game!

completely understand where you're coming from Dan. However, I didn't feel we were losing but just trying to give the game away. I said this in a previous post. Hackett will cost us when it's all said and done.

There was no QB coach last year. Even if there was there is no better mentor than somebody who has done it before. They needed to bring in somebody last year to give a veteran presence in the meeting room, the film room and on the sideline. Everybody on this board seems to have given up on EJ but I think the best thing that has happened to this kid is Kyle Orton. I don't know if EJ will ever be a good QB but being around Orton will make him better.

I was making a joke. The team's approach to the QB position last year was beyond baffling.

I agree with you on EJ, by the way. It seems like he's taken a good attitude and approach to the whole thing, too.

I agree with you on EJ, by the way. It seems like he's taken a good attitude and approach to the whole thing, too.

It's what you'd expect based on what we've seen of this young man. He's hard not to like and I hope he can grow into the job. Accuracy seems to be a tough thing to learn though.