A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speak for yourself, because that was not my case, far from it.

Seriously? You are a depressingly sad person.

At half time, did you truly think we had the game in the bag?

Yeah, by late 3rd quarter is was apparent our defense was not going to ket the Jets do anything. But for the first half, it was horrendous play calling that wasted continually good field position.

The story of this game begins and ends with the offensive coaching. There was great play all over the field, and at times, it looked like Marrone and/or Hackett were purposefully trying to lose. I've never seen a coaching staff continually beating their collective heads against a wall like today. They were trying to do something that just wasn't working... playing to the Jets strength and exposing our weakness.

If not for an amazing defensive effort, the season would be all but over. We won today, but for most of the game it felt like we were losing. Such a frustrating game!

i never once felt like we were losing, or even as if it was a competition. The Billls were aggressive early, got a big lead, and were a little conservative in the 3rd but IMO they should have been because the only thing that would have gotten the jets back in the game for real were turnovers. They got TDs when they needed them. It was a dominant performance.

Bradham missed three key tackles in the first half: one against Vick in which Vick converted a long third down to keep a drive alive; one against Percy Harvin in the backfield in which he took a bad angle and in which Harvin converted a long third down by getting to the Bills 7; and a missed tackle on an Ivory td run to make it 24-14 (bad angle again). He also cost the Bills 3 probable points with his taunting penalty, and his hit to the head of Vick also led to a first down that resulted in points. He did not have a good game regardless of all the tackles. Hopefully he learns from the 3 personal fouls he accumulated. He's a pretty good player (although a little stiff) but he can be better.

I thought he had a horrible 1st half. One of the worst of the season by any Bill as almost all of these bad plays came before the break. He settled down some after that but hoo boy that 1st half had me screaming at the tv.

I thought he had a horrible 1st half. One of the worst of the season by any Bill as almost all of these bad plays came before the break. He settled down some after that but hoo boy that 1st half had me screaming at the tv.

He caused the Mike Vick fumble at the Jet 25 yard line in the first half, that we recovered and then kicked a FG. That was a big play. His penalties were dumb. He played a good game.

He caused the Mike Vick fumble at the Jet 25 yard line in the first half, that we recovered and then kicked a FG. That was a big play. His penalties were dumb. He played a good game.

I wouldn't go that var. I'd sy at the least he didn't have a bad game. I want the film review first.

At half time, did you truly think we had the game in the bag?

Yeah, by late 3rd quarter is was apparent our defense was not going to ket the Jets do anything. But for the first half, it was horrendous play calling that wasted continually good field position.

I agree.. they were a play away from tying a game they had no business being in. we squandered opportunity after opportunity to tear their hearts out, and our inability to do so, motivated a team that should have been beaten at the half - not coming out with a "spring in their step".. anyone who can't understand that is either in denial, or is satisfied with medocrity.

Edited by BackInDaDay

You see depth like this not only wins football games, it effects how teams draft. When a team has depth, they can continue on and draft the bpa. Make no mistake, the term bpa is a bit over used and almost cliché. Imo it does not apply to a team that needs a qb.

That said, depth does provide luxury for a football team and is becoming increasingly rare.

He was standing around laughing when Woods was laying on the field, injured. Imo he is poison, talent notwithstanding.

I also saw this and was little freaked out. but there is much i dont see . Woods returned. Maybe it was clock thing a momentum thing.

Anoter fine post up Bill.

Gilmore is starting to play NFL football. Both the corners are playing big boy football. Jim Schwartz is getting comfortable with our players for sure.

Bradham cost us . again.

concerned about that. poor angles made him look surpisingly slow against Vick

I agree, he needs to settle down a bit at times. He's very athletic against Vick and Harvin you just can't pin your ears and think you will get them. If he takes better angles he got them.

Is there a more stupid penalty than the taunting penalty? Inexcusable,.

missed this post on Nigel. oops

Regarding Hackett and the play calling, the thing that is most infuriating is not that he goes so conservative with the runs, but rather that it is the same damn run into the gut of the defense over and over and over. If you want to run, then mix in a few different running plays. It's inconceivable they can go an entire game without running the most basic running plays, counter, off tackle, sweep. It's absolutely ridiculous, especially when you factor in the lack of success that run into the gut consistently has.

I said in another thread, on my son's 7 yr old flag football team we called more varied different BASIC running plays than Hackett does. It's simply ridiculous.

If not for an amazing defensive effort, the season would be all but over. We won today, but for most of the game it felt like we were losing. Such a frustrating game!

That's odd, we must have been watching two completely different games.

One team made all the plays, the other didn't.

Gotham Bill, Standard great stuff.

I thought our defensive backfield played well today. They were helped out with a lot of line pressure. Not only did the starters on the DL play well but the rotational players played to a level where there was no drop off.

The Gilmore/McKelvin duo are a high end tandem. I thought McKelvin played a terrific game. In a league that stresses and favors the passing game I never understood the harsh criticisms (Badol I'm especially referring to you!)

What this game clearly demonstrates is that no team can compete unless it has a reasonable level of quarterback play. If you have poor quarterback performances your team not only doesn't stand a chance but the team is unbearable to watch.

Orton is far from being a prolific passer but he does throw a nice ball and he is accurate. He has a good feel for the pocket but he also has the mobility of a one legged stork. Without a doubt Marrone saved the season when he resolutely made the qb switch because he was not going tolerate an inadequate level of play that was submarining the offense and the team.

I was very upset and disappointed with Watkins showboat act that could have been costly.He acted out of character and I'm sure he will learn from his foolishness.

If this team wants to compete for a playoff spot up to the end of the season it needs to find a running game. In this game I would have liked to have seen more runs by Brown. The loyal fans deserve to have some late season meaningful games for a change.

for a 1-6 team comng in we still need a lot of cleaning up to do.

I felt anxious that Bills were not making good on the field postion the defense were giving us. But the Jets are nothing to take for granted obviously.

By the way this was a fantastic win and win the Bils sure did.

But i expect that these days.

Ok. maybe I'm exaggerating a little. But, I was terribly frustrated with all the wasted opportunities.

All this talk about all these good players (especially the ones near contract time) gives me mixed emotions. I'm glad we have so many good players. I'm concerned that we can''t keep them all. All I can do is trust Whaley and company to know who to keep and where to draw the line. I trust the man. (At this point.)