I love your drunken ass, Kyle Orton....

This is all i have to say:

Kyle Orton 10/17, 238 yards, 4 TDs, 142.9 QB rating.

Its a shame billsfan4life wont show his face for a week now. Shouldnt be that way - we all root for the same team.

Add Alpha and CB97 to that list too.

Orton is doing this with no camps and no first team reps before his first start. Two weeks of practice should help him and the offense improve even more. Unfortunately, I don't anticipate Hackett's love for inside zone runs to diminish over that time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SportsCenter: Kyle Orton has led Bills to 3-1 record since taking over as starter.

Orton: 1,128 Pass yds, 9 TD, 3 Int http://t.co/5YhS0gCGXR

@TBNSully: Watkins has 21 catches for 393 yards in 4 games with Kyle Orton. He had 17 for 197 yards, half as many, in 4 games with EJ Manuel at QB.

@TBNSully: After today's game, the Bills' Kyle Orton is averaging exactly 8.0 yards per pass attempt, which would rank fifth in the NFL.

@SportsCenter: Kyle Orton has led Bills to 3-1 record since taking over as starter.

Orton: 1,128 Pass yds, 9 TD, 3 Int http://t.co/5YhS0gCGXR

@TBNSully: Watkins has 21 catches for 393 yards in 4 games with Kyle Orton. He had 17 for 197 yards, half as many, in 4 games with EJ Manuel at QB.

@TBNSully: After today's game, the Bills' Kyle Orton is averaging exactly 8.0 yards per pass attempt, which would rank fifth in the NFL.

Awesome yolo.

Also prior to the game he was 3rd in NFL in completion %

He would've been perfect in Denver IMO, but the Tebow phenomena was unstoppable. Bad place, bad time for Kyle.

Bingo. Add to that playing behind Romo in Dallas and the man crush fans had on Jay Cutler in Chicago at that time. Buffalo is the 1st team he's been on where his position is stable. He can just go out, have fun and win some football games. Much of his career has been wrong place, wrong time. Yet, he has lasted 10 years in the league. This is very fun to watch at the moment.

Go Bills !

Bingo. Add to that playing behind Romo in Dallas and the man crush fans had on Jay Cutler in Chicago at that time. Buffalo is the 1st team he's been on where his position is stable. He can just go out, have fun and win some football games. Much of his career has been wrong place, wrong time. Yet, he has lasted 10 years in the league. This is very fun to watch at the moment.

Go Bills !

I agree.

...that is all.

I now think the media has this guy all wrong. He was typecast as a boozer collecting a check not giving a rats azz about football, without any leadership or heart. Based on the results we've seen I now believe none of it is true....

I was initially guilty of buying it too I should add.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Go Bills !

It depends on how motivated the Bills are to have EJ back out there. That is the situation he was in in Denver too. The difference is EJ does not have the Tebowmania but he is the round selection.

It depends on how motivated the Bills are to have EJ back out there. That is the situation he was in in Denver too. The difference is EJ does not have the Tebowmania but he is the round selection.

When the Bills first made the switch, i thought it screamed of desperation and I made my feelings known about that. I'll admit I was wrong, I still think neither QB is good enough and we should be looking for our next one ASAP but Uncle Rico gives us a shot each week and thats great to see. Someone said he is like Bledsoe and that is true

Is he good enough to get us into the playoffs? I'm not sure but we have the best shot we've had in years

Puzzled by this - Jay Cutler was in Denver and Chicago Fans had no chance to crush on him until the Bears FO swapped Orton and a handful of draft picks (2 1sts and a 3rd) for Cutler.

I'm happy as any Bills fan should be at the QB play this game. I can even go with the "don't mind a couple of sacks, provided the ball is protected" camp.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is Orton's history. He was thrown into the fire his rookie year after Grossman was injured. He didn't do so well or look so good, even though the team won and went to the playoffs - he had the lowest QB rating in the league. The Bears were so impressed they demoted him to 3rd string for the next 2 years behind Rex Grossman and Brian Griese, and when he finally got the chance to start again in his 4th season, the Bears were so impressed they sold the house, the furniture, and Orton to obtain Cutler.

Please don't misinterpret- I'm not trying to take a thing away from Orton's current play, and I hope it continues! Just bear in mind that it's NOT simply "wrong place wrong time". The Bears did not have that much "man crush" on Grossman or Griese, Orton simply couldn't beat them out his 2nd or 3rd year. He looked like you'd expect a guy who played 14 games and had the lowest QB rating in the league to look. Orton had a significant chance to start early on in his career, on a team that would have been happy to anoint him a starter, and wasn't able to take advantage of it AT THAT TIME.

If he continues to do well here, it will be an example of a QB who needed time to develop, got it, developed, and then found a team willing to give him a shot, not a guy who always had the goods and never caught a break.

Which is a story worth bearing in mind for those who want to declare EJ irretrievably broken and a bust after 16 games.

Taking nothing away from Orton and not playing the role of EJ apologist, but Sully can suck a fat one regarding this tweet. 4 more receptions at a time when SW is clearly no longer favoring his ribs, with some clear drops in the 1st 4 games. While you could point some of it to ball placement from EJ wrt YAC, some is also a rookie starting to hit his stride. Methinks there is a never ending disparaging Sully agenda (not so) hidden in that tweet.

Puzzled by this - Jay Cutler was in Denver and Chicago Fans had no chance to crush on him until the Bears FO swapped Orton and a handful of draft picks (2 1sts and a 3rd) for Cutler.

I'm happy as any Bills fan should be at the QB play this game. I can even go with the "don't mind a couple of sacks, provided the ball is protected" camp.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is Orton's history. He was thrown into the fire his rookie year after Grossman was injured. He didn't do so well or look so good, even though the team won and went to the playoffs - he had the lowest QB rating in the league. The Bears were so impressed they demoted him to 3rd string for the next 2 years behind Rex Grossman and Brian Griese, and when he finally got the chance to start again in his 4th season, the Bears were so impressed they sold the house, the furniture, and Orton to obtain Cutler.

Please don't misinterpret- I'm not trying to take a thing away from Orton's current play, and I hope it continues! Just bear in mind that it's NOT simply "wrong place wrong time". The Bears did not have that much "man crush" on Grossman or Griese, Orton simply couldn't beat them out his 2nd or 3rd year. He looked like you'd expect a guy who played 14 games and had the lowest QB rating in the league to look. Orton had a significant chance to start early on in his career, on a team that would have been happy to anoint him a starter, and wasn't able to take advantage of it AT THAT TIME.

If he continues to do well here, it will be an example of a QB who needed time to develop, got it, developed, and then found a team willing to give him a shot, not a guy who always had the goods and never caught a break.

Which is a story worth bearing in mind for those who want to declare EJ irretrievably broken and a bust after 16 games.

Spot on.

Kyle Orton mania is in full effect.

Go Bills!