Fire Hackett

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the first half, was making my way back from Wembley, but was frustrated following the game by the updates that only 1 of Geno's 3 picks turned into points. The play calling frustrated me in the second half as well, and like someone else said the TD to Chandler was the one time I was thinking "ok you can run this now and kick the FG to make it a 3 score game" but they threw it and scored.

I have been saying since pre-season my issue is less with the individual play calling in isolation - I think if you break each call down you can weigh up pros and cons etc... my issue is with the concept of this offense. I don't see anything clear or tangible. The concept of this offense seems to me to be "hope Jim's unit get us some good field position and then we might do something." I would love to sit down with Hackett for half an hour and me as an uneducated fan living in the UK who has never played the game at any competitive level and ask him what his vision for the offense is. I accept that I might well be totally wrong there might well be a coherent thread running through it... but I sure ain't seeing it if there is. It's frustrating to watch because the talent on offense is better than we have had for a while and our defense is legit.

have you always lived in England?

I put as much of the blame on Marrone as Hackett. One of two things is happening, either Marrone is calling some plays or telling Hackett what he wants and Hackett is following Marrone's lead, OR, Marrone is letting Hackett decide all these things and not stepping in and demanding something different because it's clear there is a problem.

Hackett is the worse OC in the NFL. I really think he thought he could win the game with out scoring another point when the Bills got up 21-7. The guy does not belong in the NFL as anything more than an asst to the asst.

Hackett can not keep up with the speed of the game.

Marrone tried to put as many training wheels in place with the hire of an QB coach and O quality control coach

The move this off season is hire a real OC.

43 points

On the road

Against a division rival

Against a Rex Ryan D

W/Both RB's injured

...are we going to ignore ALL these realities?

43 could have easily been 63 and this isn't close to being a Rex Ryan defense since the Jets have no CBs. Hackett was boring and far too predictable today for my taste.

The Bills were up by two scores. They had zero turnovers. I'm not sure what you guys wanted...That is what you do when you're up by a lot.

that's not what they did in the first half, we were only up 7 after all those turnovers, we should have been up 35 - 7.

In the 4rth was fine but we should have gone for kill early and often before that.

43 points

On the road

Against a division rival

Against a Rex Ryan D

W/Both RB's injured

...are we going to ignore ALL these realities?

I'm an eternal optimist. I have said the same type of thing for 40 years, meaning "a win is a win" kind of thing.

For me, knowing me, to be anything less than thrilled after last week winning on an 80 yard drive in the last three minutes and this week winning is an enormous red flag for me.

I never ever feel this way, but I do.

you cant get into a throwing contest with a sketchy offensive line with no RB blitz pickup against a crazy pass rushing blitzing team. The Jets need to get turnover and win on defense or they can't win- so as painful as it was today and frustrating for this week it was the right plan. 48 points and a win on the road verus a top 5 defense is hard to get fired over. I with you on the stick it in the line week after week but for this week no turnovers = win

This is what I saw as well. Yes, it was maddening, but it worked because if you kept putting Orton back there with no Rb able to see and pick up the blitz, Orton would have been on a stretcher before the 3rd quarter was half over.

This is what I saw as well. Yes, it was maddening, but it worked because if you kept putting Orton back there with no Rb able to see and pick up the blitz, Orton would have been on a stretcher before the 3rd quarter was half over.

I thought 75% of the pass plays he had plenty of time if not a lot of time.