Kraig Urbik appears to have been freed

The Big Cat

Starting Seantrell Henderson immediately at LT and then starting the NFL season with two of five players that have rarely even lined up at that position in the NFL (less than two weeks). Going against virtually everyone else's opinion, including his compemporary OL coaches, that continuity in an OL is far less important than getting your five best players out there at once, regardless even of experience at that position. Keeping three rookie OL on the active roster, one of which was a 7th round pick and the other two being absolute disasters a short while into their pro careers. Time after time moving players out of position into ones they have never played. Oh, and listening to him talk about it.

yeah, but other than that?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting Seantrell Henderson immediately at LT and then starting the NFL season with two of five players that have rarely even lined up at that position in the NFL (less than two weeks).

And what was the alternative, given Glenn's mystery injury?

And how does your assumption that Ubrik is better suited than Peers for what they want to do not go along with the typical "i've never seen this thing but clearly the coach is wrong about this thing because internet message board"?

Going against virtually everyone else's opinion, including his compemporary OL coaches, that continuity in an OL is far less important than getting your five best players out there at once, regardless even of experience at that position.

When did other members of the staff express an opinion counter to the personnel groupings on the field? I'm genuinely curious.

Keeping three rookie OL on the active roster, one of which was a 7th round pick and the other two being absolute disasters a short while into their pro careers.

We would have been better off cutting all three?

also

What evidence do you have that players on the roster we've never seen practice would have been better options?

Time after time moving players out of position into ones they have never played.

Which times? Which players?

Oh, and listening to him talk about it.

Then surely you have the links to these numerous, ongoing interviews.

I think Richardson was making Cordy Glenn and Eric Wood worse players.

It definitely looked like they were trying to cover up or at least mindful of what was going on, especially the shenanigans the opposing DLs were doing to confuse him. Just that tiny lean or thought process can be the difference in focusing 100% on your job and man and getting less success.

Starting Seantrell Henderson immediately at LT and then starting the NFL season with two of five players that have rarely even lined up at that position in the NFL (less than two weeks). Going against virtually everyone else's opinion, including his compemporary OL coaches, that continuity in an OL is far less important than getting your five best players out there at once, regardless even of experience at that position. Keeping three rookie OL on the active roster, one of which was a 7th round pick and the other two being absolute disasters a short while into their pro careers. Time after time moving players out of position into ones they have never played. Oh, and listening to him talk about it.

Great points!

You did not even mention the fact that some of the FA Oline pick ups have been disasters.

I can not wait to hear who it was exactly thought C Williams was going to work.

Some fans want to blindly follow coaches, i will do this at first. At this point in time however Marrone has not displayed a great deal of talent evaluation. The one saving grace is Marrone eventually admits he was wrong.

And what was the alternative, given Glenn's mystery injury?

And how does your assumption that Ubrik is better suited than Peers for what they want to do not go along with the typical "i've never seen this thing but clearly the coach is wrong about this thing because internet message board"?

When did other members of the staff express an opinion counter to the personnel groupings on the field? I'm genuinely curious.

We would have been better off cutting all three?

also

What evidence do you have that players on the roster we've never seen practice would have been better options?

Which times? Which players?

Then surely you have the links to these numerous, ongoing interviews.

You asked for examples and I gave you five. I didn't even mention Chris Williams as another poster reminded me. The answers to your questions are self-evident and I don't feel any need to address them individually but they can be answered by inserting Chris Hairston, Eric Pears, Doug Legursky, Chris Hairston, Eric Pears, Cujo, JJ Unga, Eric Pears, and Chris Hairston, and asking Doug Whaley politely to pick up a veteran backup tackle and/or guard at the beginning of September in various places.

I have been listening to coaches speak for 50 years and have heard many times about five best guys, but not in the terms that Marrone speaks of, and have never witnessed a coach playing every tackle he has at the guard position outside of the one tackle he has that has played guard (I'm not advocating it, just noting the irony).

Ha! BillsBackersofChicago will appreciate this (he knows those guys)

Sure do, very talented group of dudes, that being said, thank you BigCat for bringing my love of a capella music to the attention of a football board.

More than reasonable chance I am gonna get beaten up, thrown in a locker and have a slushee dumped on me.

Only made worse by the fact that I am Indian and probably sold them the slushee myself.

Sure do, very talented group of dudes, that being said, thank you BigCat for bringing my love of a capella music to the attention of a football board.

More than reasonable chance I am gonna get beaten up, thrown in a locker and have a slushee dumped on me.

Only made worse by the fact that I am Indian and probably sold them the slushee myself.

:w00t::worthy:

Great points!

You did not even mention the fact that some of the FA Oline pick ups have been disasters.

I can not wait to hear who it was exactly thought C Williams was going to work.

Some fans want to blindly follow coaches, i will do this at first. At this point in time however Marrone has not displayed a great deal of talent evaluation. The one saving grace is Marrone eventually admits he was wrong.

GM Doug Whaley makes these moves...why blame Marrone for FA signings?

happy-dance-facebook-scheduled-posts1.gif

Thank God. Been calling for this since preseason. Urbik never should have been benched in the first place.

Pears is the lesser of two evils so I think it is good Urbik is replacing Richardson at LG. Richardson was much worse than Pears in pass protect against Vikings which hopefully means Pears is starting to get the hang of RG ( hopefully I say... jury is definitely still out)

Edited by Bocephuz

This gives me hope. Urbik should solidify that whole side of the line simply by playing average and not dragging down the players on each side of him.

He's a better pass blocker than run blocker too. It's funny, if you would have told me that going into week 8 the Bills would be passing 40+ times a game behind Kyle Orton I would have laughed at you.

GM Doug Whaley makes these moves...why blame Marrone for FA signings?

While Whaley is responsible and I'm sure he makes the final say, I guarantee that one was a total partnership. I would bet anything that Marrone and Whaley spent hhours together watching every bit of tape they could get on this guy and discussed his strengths and weaknesses and Marrone was all in. It would be an absolute shock in this case if he wasn't with Marrone being a former OL and former OL coach.