Patriots Sign Former Bills' DL Alan Branch to a 1 Year Deal

I actually don't like this move. They got gouged up the middle last week. With mayo out and wilfork a fat shell of his former self, I was hoping that would continue. They're going to 4-3 looks more often and with their secondary they can be a good D again. Not as versatile as with mayo, but still better than last week.

New rules weren't in place at that time and he would have been suspended regardless of him being a street free agent.

any pending DUI cases need to be resolved by 11/1 or they get the 2 gamer.perhaops his is resolved. He could still get a game from Roger. Edited by YoloinOhio

Apparently Chandler Jones is out for a month. That's a lot of missing bodies on that defense.

Apparently Chandler Jones is out for a month. That's a lot of missing bodies on that defense.

This is not a move I am thrilled to see. The guy can definitely play at a very high level when he wants to and I know week 17 he is going to want to show up and play.

I am a fan of his. Not surprised he got cut and was bummed when he just **** the bed.

any pending DUI cases need to be resolved by 11/1 or they get the 2 gamer.perhaops his is resolved. He could still get a game from Roger.

I would bet the status of his cases changes rather quickly.

I hear Chandler Jones is out, but not sure for how long. They may or may not be missing 1 or more bodies on defense.

Word is Chandler jones is out. Multiple missing people on that there defense.

Awe, don't worry, they'll be ready and fired up by week 17 with plenty of rest.

Yeah that's how it goes sometimes. But the Bills at least got to play Detroit without Calvin Johnson, who might be healthy by the time they play New England. There's also a chance they will have the division clinched but won't get a bye (I can see Denver and Indy going 1-2) and might rest starters in week 17.

out of the Colts, Packers, Lions, Broncos, and Chargers I could see New England* losing at least 2 of those games, maybe 3, getting them to 4 or 5 losses total

They just need to drop a division game somewhere to be around 5 or 6 losses going into the Bills game, so this is all VERY doable if the Bills can hold up their end and WIN!

Yeah that's how it goes sometimes. But the Bills at least got to play Detroit without Calvin Johnson, who might be healthy by the time they play New England. There's also a chance they will have the division clinched but won't get a bye (I can see Denver and Indy going 1-2) and might rest starters in week 17.

Bellichek doesn't rest starters in week 17s.

Branch hosed the Bills....just like Orton hosed the Cowboys. Need to have a way to deal with that kind of non professional behavior by players. Branch can play if he is in shape.....I have no complaints about the bills d line play this year, but Branch would have made them even stronger. Wynn and Charles are a bit younger for sure, but not with the pedigree of Branch.

Branch hosed the Bills....just like Orton hosed the Cowboys. Need to have a way to deal with that kind of non professional behavior by players. Branch can play if he is in shape.....I have no complaints about the bills d line play this year, but Branch would have made them even stronger. Wynn and Charles are a bit younger for sure, but not with the pedigree of Branch.

I wonder whom could drink whom under the table

Wynn and Charles are really coming into their own this year. Branch was a good run stuffer for us, and I would have been fine with keeping him over, say, Corbin Bryant, but oh well. I'm not surprised no one picked him up prior to now. He looked dreadful in preseason, not to mention the off-field shenanigans.