Bryce Brown time is here

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Brown and was getting very frustrated with Spiller ( didn't want to see him injured though). That said, the Eagles have one of the most athletic OL's in the NFL. The Bills do not. So I'm not very optimistic for improvement in the running game. If we see improvement, it will make a strong case against CJ.

Realistically, you have a back up QB and a 3rd string running back.

You have two rookies on the offensive line, and a very conservative offensive coordinator.

Your defensive line is good but slow getting to the QB. Your defensive backs are average.

You have a poor record defensively on 3rd and long.

The Jets will be angry and mean.

Another squeaker, hopefully, Bills 17-14, one defensive TD.

You have two rookies on the offensive line, and a very conservative offensive coordinator.

Your defensive line is good but slow getting to the QB. Your defensive backs are average.

A few good points, until proven otherwise re: RB , QB . You may want to check your facts though. Through 7 games Bills are first in QB sacks and don't blitz much. That doesn't bolster your point on the DL. They are also near the top in 3rd down defense. That said, the Jets are very physical and a tough out at home. If "good Geno" shows up this week, it'll be a real struggle for the Bills.

Best game he ever had he fumbled twice. I believe I read that somewhere.

Watch that video posted above. (kill the sound..the music sucks) Look how he carries the ball. OMG. If the coaches havent corrected that he is a fumble waiting to happen.

Brown 14 carries for 58 yards, 1TD

Boobie 8 carries for 31 yards, 0TD

The Tank 3 carries for 12 yards, 0TD

I see more of the same this week, more passing than running.

Unfortunately I kind of agree with you, and mostly its because its the same oline he'll be running behind. No one in the league right now is going to be great behind them

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

You're not alone. I loved this trade when it happened, love it more now. I never expected Brown to challenge CJ or Fred this year as a starter, but have been disappointed to see him consistently inactive as he's certainly worth putting out there for a few plays a game.

Now it'll be his chance to play a big role in getting this team over the hump. It's the kind of situation all athletes dream of -- though I'm sure he didn't wish for injury to his backfield mates to get it. Brown has the ability to be a feature back in the NFL, that's why he cost us a 4th round pick. I'm excited to see what the kid's got.

i was one that thought it to be a good 3 man rotation where brown gets the wear and tear carries, freddy gets the key moments but a lesser workload to stay fresh/healthy, and CJ gets mostly specialty plays while dixon was active as the roster would require based on other injuries, ST needs, etc.....

i was one that thought it to be a good 3 man rotation where brown gets the wear and tear carries, freddy gets the key moments but a lesser workload to stay fresh/healthy, and CJ gets mostly specialty plays while dixon was active as the roster would require based on other injuries, ST needs, etc.....

this is what I thought as well ( and Dixon for goal line and short yardage). I guess they didn't want to use that many RBs at once.

Yeah... Maybe you're cursing the RB's.

If Bryce gets injured, I want answers.

On a side note, I am not expecting much this weekend from Bryce. Maybe 5/6 attempts for 20-30 yards. 3 receptions for 30-40 yards.

Next week I think he puts up some decent numbers.

I am probably wrong though. Wouldn't be the first and it won't be the last.

Go Bills!

:lol:

Brown 14 carries for 58 yards, 1TD

Boobie 8 carries for 31 yards, 0TD

The Tank 3 carries for 12 yards, 0TD

I see more of the same this week, more passing than running.

if the stat line looks like that then we probably lose or win another 1-2 point game. We need to control the line of scrimmage and run the ball. That's what we did the first 2 games (and we won) but we got away from that since then. if Brown breaks out like i'm hoping he will then we win easy. I'm thinking 18+ carries for 90-110 yards would be the sweet spot

I'm thinking we'll see Dixon more than Brown, and that Brown might have flashes, but overall our running game will continue to struggle. We do have a weak line afterall, and the Jets have a strong front seven. Hopefully people don't flip out after the game about it heh.

His highlight reel is impressive but unless Marrone and the other coaches work miracles with the offensive line this week, Brown just isn't going to have the same kind of running lanes he saw in Philly.

CJ and Freddy are both 1,000 yard backs. But they haven't found any room to run this year. Why would Brown be different? Is he faster than CJ? Stronger or more determined than Freddie?

My only hope is that Marrone, an ex lineman himself, seems super motivated to improve the OL and get the running game going. But I don't know how much he can do in one week with our personnel.

It's an old Bills refrain but when it comes to the OL and the running game, I keep thinking, "Wait till next year."

Our D line is slow at getting to the QB?

Go back and take a look at who is leading the NFL is sacks my friend....and then keep in mind that Schwartz does not blitz much

this is what I thought as well ( and Dixon for goal line and short yardage). I guess they didn't want to use that many RBs at once.

I'm with you both there. This weekend's game has a strange anticipation to it. It's a huge divisional game on the road, in a place that the Bills haven't won much recently. They're playing a team that's got talent all over the field which makes them more dangerous than their record indicates, and on paper (and reality) their greatest strength (D-Line) will be matched against our biggest weakness (O-Line). It sounds like a recipe for disaster... and yet, I'm excited.

I should have no reason to be. The Bills are down the most clutch Bill in recent history plus their home run hitter -- even if he's been bunting all season to date. But even so, I'm excited to see if this team is capable of taking the next step and beating a divisional opponent they are truly better than in their own building. I have no idea if Brown will play a huge role in the game or not, but he'll be coming into this game fresh, motivated, and hungry.

Hopefully he eat-eats and the Bills come out of Jersey proving yet again they are truly New York's only professional football team.

I'm with you both there. This weekend's game has a strange anticipation to it. It's a huge divisional game on the road, in a place that the Bills haven't won much recently. They're playing a team that's got talent all over the field which makes them more dangerous than their record indicates, and on paper (and reality) their greatest strength (D-Line) will be matched against our biggest weakness (O-Line). It sounds like a recipe for disaster... and yet, I'm excited.

I should have no reason to be. The Bills are down the most clutch Bill in recent history plus their home run hitter -- even if he's been bunting all season to date. But even so, I'm excited to see if this team is capable of taking the next step and beating a divisional opponent they are truly better than in their own building. I have no idea if Brown will play a huge role in the game or not, but he'll be coming into this game fresh, motivated, and hungry.

Hopefully he eat-eats and the Bills come out of Jersey proving yet again they are truly New York's only professional football team.

I fully expect this jets team to come out and punch the bills in the mouth

I want to see how they respond

It hasnt been that the jets have had better teams....they have just been more physical. This is one of the more physical bills teams I have seen them put on the field this year though