The all Sam Bradford thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are over-valuing Bradford. The guy has done nothing but get the Rams high draft picks year after year. To me he's in the same junk pile with the rest of the free agent QBs.

He is, IMO, a step above them. Better talent, can't stay healthy. IF you can somehow keep him on the field I think you have something.

If he can be had without giving up next year's first or a significant player (Dareus, Watkins, etc.), I would seriously think about it. It's all about what the Rams want back. He is probably the best option available for giving the Bills a chance to get to the playoffs.

You sure about that b.c that isn't what is being talked about. They were saying that they would only give up Bradford if it was for a good price.

Rams can ask for whatever they want but there is zero chance they get a first round pick for Bradford who unless he takes a paycut may end up being cut if he isnt traded.

Who gives up a first round pick for anyone coming off an ACL injury?

Rams can ask for whatever they want but there is zero chance they get a first round pick for Bradford who unless he takes a paycut may end up being cut if he isnt traded.Who gives up a first round pick for anyone coming off an ACL injury?

Who needs a good QB? The Bills do so you never know, like I said it would probably be a late first rounder.

Bradford is not that tough to value. His injury history -- 2 completed seasons, 2 partial seasons and 1 missed season and a completion percentage that has never busted the magical 62% level in many reps and one year left on his deal -- scream a couple of day 3 picks or a 3rd rounder.

I would look at something like this...4th rounder this year and a conditional 3rd next year....conditional third is a guaranteed 4th but 800 snaps makes it a third.

If it was Sanchez for no picks or Bradford for these 2 picks I would take Bradford...but anything more than this and I would lean toward Sanchez.

Edited by Formerly Joe F

Any trade for Bradford would have to be conditional.

Contingent on:

1.) restructuring/re-signing with new team

2.) staying healthy

3.) success on the field.

I would offer a 3 this year and a conditional 3 next year. If he stays healthy and leads us to the playoffs it becomes a 2. If he takes us to the Superbowl or is selected to the Pro-bowl (not as an alternate after 7 QBs back out) then it becomes a 1.

As far as restructuring, I would be looking to sign him for 2-3 more years with a reduced salary and incentives that would allow him to make $16-18m if he stays healthy and plays well.

Rams can ask for whatever they want but there is zero chance they get a first round pick for Bradford who unless he takes a paycut may end up being cut if he isnt traded.

Who gives up a first round pick for anyone coming off an ACL injury?

Tom Donahoe would.

If the 49ers couldnt get a first for Alex Smith who has played and won in the playoffs and doesnt have anywhere near the injury history then there is absolutely zero chance the Rams get a first for Bradford who missed the entire season with an ACL injury.

Any trade for Bradford would have to be conditional.

Contingent on:

1.) restructuring/re-signing with new team

2.) staying healthy

3.) success on the field.

I would offer a 3 this year and a conditional 3 next year. If he stays healthy and leads us to the playoffs it becomes a 2. If he takes us to the Superbowl or is selected to the Pro-bowl (not as an alternate after 7 QBs back out) then it becomes a 1.

As far as restructuring, I would be looking to sign him for 2-3 more years with a reduced salary and incentives that would allow him to make $16-18m if he stays healthy and plays well.

:lol: how do you require that someone stay healthy?

Edit... I see what you mean. The trade isn't contingent on him staying healthy but the compensation would be.

If the 49ers couldnt get a first for Alex Smith who has played and won in the playoffs and doesnt have anywhere near the injury history then there is absolutely zero chance the Rams get a first for Bradford who missed the entire season with an ACL injury.

We have a winner.

Bradford won't be "that" expensive in terms of the draft compensation required...the key is whether he agrees to restructure.

I would love it if the Bills got this guy.

I think you are over-valuing Bradford. The guy has done nothing but get the Rams high draft picks year after year. To me he's in the same junk pile with the rest of the free agent QBs.

You may be under estimating the fact that this league is starved for decent QB's not even great ones just decent ones

Actually Bradford has produced ok when he is healthy. Sure would be an upgrade for us. He was one of the more accurate passers coming out of college.

I think there's a better chance he gets cut, so no need to spend the draft picks to get him.

Its possible but then you get into a bidding war for him. If you can acquire him at a reasonable price via trade and then re-structure his contract to make it palatable, I would certainly consider it.