Marrone said they will look at everything to get running game going...

Setting aside the fact passing wins in the NFL and they spent two first round picks on a WR they only targeted four times last week....

What moves should be made? What moves will be made?

They should throw a lot and watch tape of 2012 Spiller. They will bench Robert Woods and activate a 4th TE.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should throw a lot and watch tape of 2012 Spiller. They will bench Robert Woods and activate a 4th TE.

Hopefully by Sunday they will have traded Mike Williams for a rotational defensive end so that Mario can get some more fourth quarter respites on the bench too. Woods will be able to take Williams spot on the inactive list.

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

Hopefully by Sunday they will have traded Mike Williams for a rotational defensive end so that Mario can get some more fourth quarter respites on the bench too. Woods will be able to woods spot on the inactive list.

Indeed. Fortunately the Broncos/Packers games aren't 'till December. So they have some time to sort out how to stop the running games of teams with HoF QB's who don't give a f*** about their running games.

But "guards are so easy to find in nfl" and "you don't spend a high pick on a guard" - two of the dumbest things I have read on this board(and I read most every BF post). I lobbied for us to draft Zack Martin last year and was jeered. Just imagine how much Zack would help this offense

what is Marrone's expertise?

Take Rex Ryan for example. Whatever you think of him as a HC he is one of the top 2-3 defensive coaches in the NFL. If you hire him as your HC you are doing it with the understanding that he knows D and will need someone to run the O. But the D is Rex's baby.

Sean Payton is the opposite. He is an offensive expert.

But with Doug Marrone you have an "offensive expert" who apparently cannot call plays and appears not to be able to figure out how to effectively run an offense. That's a BIG problem. He played OL but that unit seems to get worse as time goes on. So what does he bring to the table exactly?

Take Rex Ryan for example. Whatever you think of him as a HC he is one of the top 2-3 defensive coaches in the NFL. If you hire him as your HC you are doing it with the understanding that he knows D and will need someone to run the O. But the D is Rex's baby.

But with Doug Marrone you have an "offensive expert" who apparently cannot call plays and appears not to be able to figure out how to effectively run an offense. That's a BIG problem. He played OL but that unit seems to get worse as time goes on. So what does he bring to the table exactly?

Good point!

Plus, while the OC in New Orleans Payton called the offensive plays like Gailey did when he was here. So, Marrone was a figurehead OC, and perhaps he lacks the wherewithal to help Hackett.

The thing they need to do to get the running game going is throw the ball more on early downs. Running, consistently, on 1st and 2nd down is the death knell for a running game unless you have a stout OL. The Bills don't. They need to mix it up more and have the defense on it's heels. The Bills don't start throwing on 1st down unless they're down in the 2nd half. Before that it's incredibly predictable when they're going to run. Predictability is killing the Bills offense.

I would start by putting Urbik in at RG and using Pears as the blocking TE instead of Lee Smith.

and put Lee at ROT :D

Some media type has got to get to the bottom of why Urbik hasn't seen the field yet at what is a terrible guard position for this team. Did he get caught making fun of Marrone behind his back or something? There's a reason why you don't see 6'7" guards, and Pears exemplifies that. How he rates starting over Urbik is inexplicable.

Keven Gogin was 6'7" and a BEAST But I think he 340 too unlike spindly pears. If we could clone 4 Gogins we'd have the best line of all time.

Better start by looking at Hackett.

Hackett can play Guard ?

How bout using summers since he is on the team...the shotgun draw has got real old.. playaction would work if we used a fullback. It has fooled our defense enough times because we never practice it or use a power formation..

I'm down for the I formation, it works as long as it's used consistently, trotting it once in awhile just tips the D off.

Hopefully by Sunday they will have traded Mike Williams for a rotational defensive end so that Mario can get some more fourth quarter respites on the bench too. Woods will be able to take Williams spot on the inactive list.

:worthy::lol:

I have a feeling Marrone is willing to look at anything and everything as long as its the same things he has already been doing.

Yup. I have given up on Marrone and his cronies. What a shame. A waste of talent with this coaching staff.

Will Pagula make significant changes this off-season? Will he find a football czar? These are the moves I am looking for, not some lame lip service from Marrone.

Marrone's lost this team. IMO what happened was that his players saw him bring the same tired and predictable game plan against Belichick and the Pats, they went three and out, and for all intents and purposes were beaten before Brady even got the ball. I think they feel betrayed by Marrone and that when their biggest battle was there right in front of him, he was timid and folded under the pressure.

The Detroit game will probably be the team's last real gut check performance this season until Marrone's fired. He's incompetent and his players know it. I see them getting blown out by the Vikings and the Jets. That's what happens when teams check out on a head coach they don't believe in.

1. Play Urbik to RG

2. Deactivate Lee Smith

3. Move Pears into Smith's blocking TE/penalty collector role

4. Activate Bryce Brown

5. Play Dixon in the role CJ is playing when they run into the line.

6. Play Fred like they did against Lions and spell him with Brown

6. Use CJ as decoy/gadget/screen/sweep type role ONLY and KOR

All of the above.

I think many Bills fans are thinking this very thought.