AP smoked "a little" weed before his court appearance

ricojes

At this point if the Vikings cut him can they get their money back?

If I am the Vikings I do just that. Keep the money, spend it much better. Spiller in purple for 2015?!

how does on explain it.....

here people are mostly friendly, reasonable and rational.

the PPP has an unwritten (different) set of rules

but hey. I'm an idiot what do I know.

His primary justification for his childrearing techniques was A. My daddy did it to me and B. it will help the kid learn discipline.

Those are some serious accusations you are hinting at.

I'm not sure how serious / sarcastic you are so let me post / ask this ..... your parents never ever hit you with a belt, a wooden paddle or a large sauce spoon?

Are you sure AP was abused and not just disciplined?

decades ago some lady had the balls to accuse me and my wife for abusing our son because we had with us at a Park Ave Arts festival and he was crying because he was both tired and teething.

My response about her leaving her kids at home was that she neglected her kids.

Another time (in that same time period) my douche lesbo neighbor called child services on my wife because my son was crying from teething.

Hell even a swat on the arse is being called child abuse now and these "false" accusation(s) don't disappear overnight.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His primary justification for his childrearing techniques was A. My daddy did it to me and B. it will help the kid learn discipline.

Hell even a swat on the arse is being called child abuse now.

Not in NY. You can discipline your child by spanking, slapping their face, etc, as long as it's open hand. Once you close your fist, and/or use objects, then it's considered abuse.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11524750

how does on explain it.....

here people are mostly friendly, reasonable and rational.

the PPP has an unwritten (different) set of rules

but hey. I'm an idiot what do I know.

Those are some serious accusations you are hinting at.

I'm not sure how serious / sarcastic you are so let me post / ask this ..... your parents never ever hit you with a belt, a wooden paddle or a large sauce spoon?

Are you sure AP was abused and not just disciplined?

decades ago some lady had the balls to accuse me and my wife for abusing our son because we had with us at a Park Ave Arts festival and he was crying because he was both tired and teething.

My response about her leaving her kids at home was that she neglected her kids.

Another time (in that same time period) my douche lesbo neighbor called child services on my wife because my son was crying from teething.

Hell even a swat on the arse is being called child abuse now and these "false" accusation(s) don't disappear overnight.

I can't speak to your experiences. Did my parents ever discipline me? Yes, though it was not a systematic part of their childrearing. My reference to AP is taken directly from what he has said and what others have said in his defense. Instead of admitting that using a switch to the point that a 4-year-old (!) needed medical attention, he claimed that it was part of the discipline he had been taught. This from a man whose sense of discipline has led to him having multiple children with multiple women and to smoking weed before a court date. The irony is pretty thick there, and, as Just Jack eloquently points out with his video choice above, justifying abuse because "my parents did it and I turned out fine" is only a recipe for allowing it to continue through the generations. I think Cris Carter (of all people!) said it best: http://espn.go.com/v...lip?id=11524750

Edited by RJ (not THAT RJ)

I posted this in the other thread, but might as well here:

I'll comment on this, because this is a completely ridiculous story and I'm usually a completely ridiculous person:

It's a poorly kept secret that a lot of players in the League partake. So long as a player doesn't test positive, they are only tested once a year -- by August at the absolute latest. The guys who smoke (or vap) cleanse and abstain until they test, once they pass they spark back up for the rest of the year knowing they're in the clear. Let's say AP is one of the 49% of players who partake (that number is a guess but a conservative one), he passed his test in August and -- considering the stress he's probably been enduring since this whole story broke -- there were probably more than a few times when he self medicated.

This story broke less than 30 days ago, including the arrest. Weed stays in your system for 30+ days. Imagine you've been under the microscope the way AP has since this ordeal began and you knew you were going to piss positive, I can understand how in that situation you'd say something up front about what they're going to find. That in no way means he smoked since his arrest, let alone right before his hearing.

Regardless of how you feel about the drug and it's effects, it's in the final days of its prohibition. As a District Attorney part of the job is to exercise judgement, calling for his bail to be revoked is sensationalizing and already sensationalized story and reeks of a political move by a DA who wants to take as much of the limelight for himself as he can. And the media's treatment of this story just further underlines how ridiculous the fourth estate has become.

http://espn.go.com/v...lip?id=11524750

I can't speak to your experiences. Did my parents ever discipline me? Yes, though it was not a systematic part of their childrearing. My reference to AP is taken directly from what he has said and what others have said in his defense. Instead of admitting that using a switch to the point that a 4-year-old (!) needed medical attention, he claimed that it was part of the discipline he had been taught. This from a man whose sense of discipline has led to him having multiple children with multiple women and to smoking weed before a court date. The irony is pretty thick there, and, as Just Jack eloquently points out with his video choice above, justifying abuse because "my parents did it and I turned out fine" is only a recipe for allowing it to continue through the generations. I think Cris Carter (of all people!) said it best: http://espn.go.com/v...lip?id=11524750

It sucks when you are accused of beating your kids when you are innocent. We had to have child services show up at random times to spot check we were not abusing him. they went as far as removing his diapers.!!!

"my parents did it and I turned out fine"

Hit him with a stick or broke his skin? There's a difference there and people need to keep it in context. that's all I'm trying to say.

I'll comment on this, because this is a completely ridiculous story and I'm usually a completely ridiculous person:

It's a poorly kept secret that a lot of players in the League partake. So long as a player doesn't test positive, they are only tested once a year -- by August at the absolute latest. The guys who smoke (or vap) cleanse and abstain until they test, once they pass they spark back up for the rest of the year knowing they're in the clear. Let's say AP is one of the 49% of players who partake (that number is a guess but a conservative one), he passed his test in August and -- considering the stress he's probably been enduring since this whole story broke -- there were probably more than a few times when he self medicated.

This story broke less than 30 days ago, including the arrest. Weed stays in your system for 30+ days. Imagine you've been under the microscope the way AP has since this ordeal began and you knew you were going to piss positive, I can understand how in that situation you'd say something up front about what they're going to find. That in no way means he smoked since his arrest, let alone right before his hearing.

Regardless of how you feel about the drug and it's effects, it's in the final days of its prohibition. As a District Attorney part of the job is to exercise judgement, calling for his bail to be revoked is sensationalizing and already sensationalized story and reeks of a political move by a DA who wants to take as much of the limelight for himself as he can. And the media's treatment of this story just further underlines how ridiculous the fourth estate has become.

Chris Cooley is always saying the 50% of players smoke pot

Agree 100%

Its all about sensationalism. Besides marijuana prohibition is coming to an end. Its actually on my states ballot measure in a couple weeks. Its just some people still hold a strong view that smoking pot is a horrible thing. I posted a few times about the ridiculousness of Marcell Dareus's possession charge in the Buffalo News and each time I posted I got a warning from the moderators. Mind you everything I said was very clean and straight forward. They just didn't like my point of view that we should be paying attention more to steroid use.

Agree 100%

Its all about sensationalism. Besides marijuana prohibition is coming to an end. Its actually on my states ballot measure in a couple weeks. Its just some people still hold a strong view that smoking pot is a horrible thing. I posted a few times about the ridiculousness of Marcell Dareus's possession charge in the Buffalo News and each time I posted I got a warning from the moderators. Mind you everything I said was very clean and straight forward. They just didn't like my point of view that we should be paying attention more to steroid use.

Its only an older generation and misinformed people that are against it. Most people who have smoked or know the facts about the drug know its less dangerous than alcohol and the consequences of putting people in jail for it are severely negative. Throw in the success of the legalization of Colorado and Washington are only going to get more states to want to cash in it.

By the 2020 elections I think a majority of states will have legal recreational weed.

Its only an older generation and misinformed people that are against it. Most people who have smoked or know the facts about the drug know its less dangerous than alcohol and the consequences of putting people in jail for it are severely negative. Throw in the success of the legalization of Colorado and Washington are only going to get more states to want to cash in it.

By the 2020 elections I think a majority of states will have legal recreational weed.

Agreed

I had a professor tell a room of 300 students to smoke weed instead of drinking. Said it was healthier, then backed it up with a bunch of peer reviewed journals. I don't smoke, but the war on drugs is a sham and the reason we incarcerate more members of our population than most countries in the world

Well AP figured it was Friday and he didn't have shyt to do....

But seriously AP you on probation dude, just chill.

not smart

And he got no job!

Id still sign him as a FA if he gets cut.

id give give him more than "a little" weed for him to be in a bills uni.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKW6vNxKxT0

Not in NY. You can discipline your child by spanking, slapping their face, etc, as long as it's open hand. Once you close your fist, and/or use objects, then it's considered abuse.

Can you pull hair? That's what I do.

Is that bad? Oh who cares!!! Then they blame the parents for their kids acting stupid. You can't please everyone. So just pull that hair like me!!! Smoke "a little" weed if you must. But not before court or before driving or before 12am or before 12pm.

Numerous players, if not the majority, do "this stuff" during their careers without ever getting into trouble.

Like bellycheat and Tom Braydee.

Agreed

I had a professor tell a room of 300 students to smoke weed instead of drinking. Said it was healthier, then backed it up with a bunch of peer reviewed journals. I don't smoke, but the war on drugs is a sham and the reason we incarcerate more members of our population than most countries in the world

Being in jail for smoking weed is stupid. Stronger drugs I guess I can understand. But freaking weed??? Stupid!

Agreed

That's another thing science has done enough studies on the topic to prove that its actually safer than alcohol. You can't overdoes on it, its impact on the body while not positive is less negative, and no hangovers.

That's another thing science has done enough studies on the topic to prove that its actually safer than alcohol. You can't overdoes on it, its impact on the body while not positive is less negative, and no hangovers.

I was just having this conversation with a relative. It's a gateway drug was the only argument I didn't have a great counter for. I think that's baloney but that's the argument.

Also does anyone think if spiller smoked some weed he might slow down enough to see the holes instead of stutter stepping into the guards back?

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood