AP smoked "a little" weed before his court appearance

ricojes

I'd be curious as to why you avoid it? I've read enough of your opinion and enough posts to know you can construct thoughts and compose beliefs...

Well, I am just curious what your rub is against PPP? It's not bad.

Thanx.

I used to visit PPP a few years back and realized that there are several very aggressive posters on there. I read up on several topics. I know enough to be knowledgeable but not enough to debate. After several weeks of lurking, I was unsure if I would ever be able to engage in a conversation which wouldn't involve disparaging dialog from either side of the proverbial political fence. Stopped coming there and now, I very occasionally peek in but generally stay away due to this reason.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx.

I used to visit PPP a few years back and realized that there are several very aggressive posters on there. I read up on several topics. I know enough to be knowledgeable but not enough to debate. After several weeks of lurking, I was unsure if I would ever be able to engage in a conversation which wouldn't involve disparaging dialog from either side of the proverbial political fence. Stopped coming there and now, I very occasionally peek in but generally stay away due to this reason.

I used to go to PPP several times a day for years, and for the most part or for most of that time I loved it, and loved the discussions. It was the Wall on steroids. But at some point a few years ago I stopped when I realized that I hated people there that I really, really liked. ;)

So I haven't been back since.

I was just having this conversation with a relative. It's a gateway drug was the only argument I didn't have a great counter for. I think that's baloney but that's the argument.

Also does anyone think if spiller smoked some weed he might slow down enough to see the holes instead of stutter stepping into the guards back?

Studies show its not a gateway drug. Pot users don't use harder drugs at a higher rate than alcohol users.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/04/12/study-the-gateway-drug-is-alcohol-not-marijuana/

Smoking pot shouldn't be a violation in this league. Absurd.

Smoking pot while you are on probation, with a stipulation to abstain, is stupid and suggests Peterson isn't taking this thing seriously enough. But as was noted, perhaps he is covering for pot he smoked earlier. Possible I suppose but it makes little sense, IMO, as I think this makes him look much worse than admitting he smoked it before probation.

But if the DA actually revokes his bail, and rearrests him, because of this he/she is a real moron, IMO. The damage to AP is already done. To take action on this the DA's office looks like it is on a witch hunt here. In the scope of things, this is a very minor (though very stupid) thing.

Dean, no need for a witch hunt. The witch is in the room.

He beat his kids, one until his testicles were bleeding. Let's not forget his prior incident at he club, on which he of course blamed the police. My hope is that he is punished to the full extent of the law for this, and every other crime he commits and worry not, there will be more.

The real shame is that this cretin is getting paid.

He beat his kids, one until his testicles were bleeding. Let's not forget his prior incident at he club, on which he of course blamed the police. My hope is that he is punished to the full extent of the law for this, and every other crime he commits and worry not, there will be more.

I'm not defending AP because I do believe in accountability. It seems to me that he is simply an ignorant and ill-equipped person who is incapable of functioning in the "real" world. Most people find his half dozen or more "momma babies" strewn all over the country to be outrageous. He doesn't because he didn't grow up in a structured family environment. For a faction of society there is a sub-culture (Travis Henry falls in that category) where they didn't have a normal family life and roll models that instilled good values.

Based on his initial public responses to the child abuse allegations he didn't deny that he hit his child. He stated that it was simply his way of discipling a bad behaving child. In his distorted reasoning he was acting in his rightful role as a parent. While you and I consider his acts as brutal and criminal he saw it in another way. His perverted mentality is a reflection of his ignorance, not malicious intent. That doesn't mean that he shouldn't be held accountable for his conduct.

I don't disagree, Bill. But re-arresting him for "smoking a little weed" makes it look like the DA's office is "after him" and distracts from the real issues here, IMO. Smoking weed while on probation is stupid, but really not worth pursuing when there are actual serious issues. Do you think they should stop him if they catch him jaywalking, too? No need for the DA to contribute to a circus atmosphere here.

Amen brother.

I don't disagree, Bill. But re-arresting him for "smoking a little weed" makes it look like the DA's office is "after him" and distracts from the real issues here, IMO. Smoking weed while on probation is stupid, but really not worth pursuing when there are actual serious issues. Do you think they should stop him if they catch him jaywalking, too? No need for the DA to contribute to a circus atmosphere here.

AP is not on probation. He is on a bond/release status. He could have been held in jail for the charges made against him. He and his legal reps went before a judge requesting his release from custody. The judge and his reps informed AP that there were conditions associated with his release. Taking drugs were prohibited. He couldn't go near his child etc. He certainly was informed that he was also subject to being tested. Not being available for drug testing would result in a return to custody.

Take the high profile football player out of this situation. If Joe Blow small time criminal was released on bond and was tested for drugs and failed what would be the result? The fool would be quickly sent to jail waiting for another release hearing. What you are advocating is that AP should be treated differently because he is a high profile professional athlete. That's not how it should be. He should be taken to jail like anyone else. Then he should have another opportunity to go before a magistrate to request another bond consideration. The magistrate would then probably release him on stricter conditions, such as an increase in bond,daily drug tests, electronic monitoring etc. My point is he should be treated like everyone else would be.

Edited by JohnC

AP is not on probation. He is on a bond/release status. He could have been held in jail for the charges made against him. He and his legal reps went before a judge requesting his release from custody. The judge and his reps informed AP that there were conditions associated with his release. Taking drugs were prohibited. He couldn't go near his child etc. He certainly was informed that he was also subject to being tested. Not being available for drug testing would result in a return to custody.

Take the high profile football player out of this situation. If Joe Blow small time criminal was released on bond and was tested for drugs and failed what would be the result? The fool would be quickly sent to jail waiting for another release hearing. What you are advocating is that AP should be treated differently because he is a high profile professional athlete. That's not how it should be. He should be taken to jail like anyone else. Then he should have another opportunity to go before a magistrate to request another bond consideration. The magistrate would then probably release him on stricter conditions, such as an increase in bond,daily drug tests, electronic monitoring etc. My point is he should be treated like everyone else would be.

Sorry, mistake on the probation. This is even less than that, on bond.

An average Joe wouldn't have this sort of publicity and probably wouldn't even be charged on a first offense, bad as this incident might be. To suggest he be treated "like everyone else" is preposterous when he already isn't being treated that way. BTW, I'm not defending AP's child rearing techniques. He should be charged. Most people aren't. But most guys still get to go to work while the case is being decided. Most guys don't have the press all over every move. Etc.

Since most "everyone else" doesn't have this side show, they aren't likely to be engaged in an even larger side-show for something as minor as smoking pot. Seriously, take the long view here. Arresting him for pot probably hurts the DA, at least in the eyes of much of the public.

beatin your 4 year old is one thing and no tolerance ....but lets get off this high moral horse...weed is everywhere..NFL players smoke weed. just like everyone else in college or with a boring job...probably better than getting drunk..lets de-stigmaize weed in sports...who cares whether they smoke weed ..just kick me some ass on Sunday while i get high in the comfort of my own home!

Watch it AP in Texas if you keep fn up you'll get the death penalty..

beatin your 4 year old is one thing and no tolerance ....but lets get off this high moral horse...weed is everywhere..NFL players smoke weed. just like everyone else in college or with a boring job...probably better than getting drunk..lets de-stigmaize weed in sports...who cares whether they smoke weed ..just kick me some ass on Sunday while i get high in the comfort of my own home!

Watch it AP in Texas if you keep fn up you'll get the death penalty..

I don't think the fact that he did it is the issue, it's the stupidity of doing it knowing you are about to go to trial and would likely face testing. Somewhere Emmitt Smith is thanking him right now because he had a legit shot at breaking his record until all of this started to unfold.

Sorry, mistake on the probation. This is even less than that, on bond.

An average Joe wouldn't have this sort of publicity and probably wouldn't even be charged on a first offense, bad as this incident might be. To suggest he be treated "like everyone else" is preposterous when he already isn't being treated that way. BTW, I'm not defending AP's child rearing techniques. He should be charged. Most people aren't. But most guys still get to go to work while the case is being decided. Most guys don't have the press all over every move. Etc.

Since most "everyone else" doesn't have this side show, they aren't likely to be engaged in an even larger side-show for something as minor as smoking pot. Seriously, take the long view here. Arresting him for pot probably hurts the DA, at least in the eyes of much of the public.

I'm not suggesting that you condone his actions.

The drug condition is a condition placed on most bond releases. He is not being singled out. I'm sure that there were other conditions such as having to be home at a certain hour and not being in the vicinity of his child. My point is that the conditions placed on him are standard. He wasn't treated differently or unfairly in that respect. You are suggesting that he should be treated differently from everyone else because what he does as a profession. My position is the opposite.

AP is a high profile professional athlete, as was Ray Rice. It is impossible to avoid the outsized publicity because that is a byproduct of the very public and richly rewarded profession he is involved with. There is no way around it. When you play on the big stage you can't expect to avoid the attention your own aberrant behavior causes you to attract.

I'm not suggesting that you condone his actions.

The drug condition is a condition placed on most bond releases. He is not being singled out. I'm sure that there were other conditions such as having to be home at a certain hour and not being in the vicinity of his child. My point is that the conditions placed on him are standard. He wasn't treated differently or unfairly in that respect. You are suggesting that he should be treated differently from everyone else because what he does as a profession. My position is the opposite.

AP is a high profile professional athlete, as was Ray Rice. It is impossible to avoid the outsized publicity because that is a byproduct of the very public and richly rewarded profession he is involved with. There is no way around it. When you play on the big stage you can't expect to avoid the attention your own aberrant behavior causes you to attract.

I'm suggesting he is being treated differently than everyone else. So let's take our heads out of the sand and not pretend otherwise. The DA certainly knows it, and isn't proceeding, in every way, as if he would under normal circumstances. This might be one area he/she adjusts accordingly.

I don't know how much time you have spent in court, nor am I asking. What I WILL tell you is that judges don't ASK people to do things. They issue terms and orders. I have seen people arrested for using foul language and drinking a beer in their own homes because this was in violation of a Family Court Order of Protection. Feel free not to believe this.

Trust me, an "Average Joe" would get his or her ass kicked in court for not abiding by the terms that a judge sets. Once again, they dictate policy and are not asking people to do things. And, they don't have to bow to policies (such as marijuana legalization) that some people feel are "progressive."

If you never listen to another word I say, trust me on this.....if you disobey a judge, you WILL lose. Being a judge is the best job in the USA. THE best job.

I don't know how much time you have spent in court, nor am I asking. What I WILL tell you is that judges don't ASK people to do things. They issue terms and orders. I have seen people arrested for using foul language and drinking a beer in their own homes because this was in violation of a Family Court Order of Protection. Feel free not to believe this.

Trust me, an "Average Joe" would get his or her ass kicked in court for not abiding by the terms that a judge sets. Once again, they dictate policy and are not asking people to do things. And, they don't have to bow to policies (such as marijuana legalization) that some people feel are "progressive."

If you never listen to another word I say, trust me on this.....if you disobey a judge, you WILL lose. Being a judge is the best job in the USA. THE best job.

Aye aye aye. Did I say suggest anywhere that it was a request? So, you are telling me NOBODY in the history of American jurisprudence has been given anything less than the full force of the law for every single infraction they may have committed while on bond? Is that what you are telling me, Bill? Discretion has never been used?