The Walking Dead Return

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll have to rewatch that. I thought it was oozing through holes in the wall

It could have been oozing through as well, the herd is getting so big they are squishing the walkers in front and the wall is showing signs of cracking. But to me it looked like a drip.

It could have been oozing through as well, the herd is getting so big they are squishing the walkers in front and the wall is showing signs of cracking. But to me it looked like a drip.

I also thought it was coming through the wall. I'll have to re-watch on the DVR later today. Either way, those are the two big ideas people seem to be floating around right now, either it was dead Spencer up above or it is a weak point in the wall.

I also thought it was coming through the wall. I'll have to re-watch on the DVR later today. Either way, those are the two big ideas people seem to be floating around right now, either it was dead Spencer up above or it is a weak point in the wall.

We'll probably know for sure 6 or 7 episodes from now....Right after we find out about Glenn.... :censored:

We'll probably know for sure 6 or 7 episodes from now....Right after we find out about Glenn.... :censored:

Glenn's dead. In the comics, Glenn finds out Maggie's pregnant, but dies shortly afterwards (and early in the pregnancy). That's two character arcs major enough that the series, as a practical matter, 1) can't merge with other characters, and 2) can't change. So Glenn's dead.

But think about it...if Glenn's dead, who is Negan going to kill? Michonne? Carol? Daryl? Carl? Negan killing Glenn is a seminal moment in the comics - how can they maintain that thematic importance without killing an important character? Glenn's death means another popular character is going to die.

Glenn's dead. In the comics, Glenn finds out Maggie's pregnant, but dies shortly afterwards (and early in the pregnancy). That's two character arcs major enough that the series, as a practical matter, 1) can't merge with other characters, and 2) can't change. So Glenn's dead.

But think about it...if Glenn's dead, who is Negan going to kill? Michonne? Carol? Daryl? Carl? Negan killing Glenn is a seminal moment in the comics - how can they maintain that thematic importance without killing an important character? Glenn's death means another popular character is going to die.

Why do I have a sick feeling its going to be Daryl

CBF

I think Glenn is dead as well. The only thing that would kind of make sense in Glenn surviving is if Negan and "the saviors" save him and Glenn leads him to the base. They get there and thank you Glenn, boom...

I don't think Glenn is dead so I think Negan will be killing Glenn.

If Glen is in fact dead then I think there are only two major characters that Negan could kill without really screwing up future storylines. Those would be Daryl and Morgan. Maybe Abe but I don't think he is a major enough character.

I don't think Glenn is dead so I think Negan will be killing Glenn.

If Glen is in fact dead then I think there are only two major characters that Negan could kill without really screwing up future storylines. Those would be Daryl and Morgan. Maybe Abe but I don't think he is a major enough character.

I'd say Morgan as his new "all life is precious" mantra will be his downfall.

I'd say Morgan as his new "all life is precious" mantra will be his downfall.

I'd say Darryl makes more sense. First, nobody really cares that much about Morgan for his death to be that meaningful. Second, Darryl has been an extra throughout the whole show. There's always rumors that the writers have been stumped with what to do with him because he's not part of the normal storyline, but he's so popular they don't want to kill him off. If you're trying to set up someone as the ultimate bad guy, there's no better way to do it. Third, Darryl has hardly been a part of the show since mid-last season, and his character is now all about making Alexandria work and finding people to bring back...perfect set-up.

On a different note, something that is starting to bug me more and more about the whole walker thing is how they seem to be saying there is no natural death for walkers. Even the most minor damage to the brain (like Jessie hesitantly poking the knife through that lady's eye) is enough to put them down on the spot, but complete disintegration of body tissue (like the walker that Maggie kills in the sewer) isn't enough to degrade the brain to that same point?? Exactly when does the brain rot enough to stop a walker?

I'd say Darryl makes more sense. First, nobody really cares that much about Morgan for his death to be that meaningful. Second, Darryl has been an extra throughout the whole show. There's always rumors that the writers have been stumped with what to do with him because he's not part of the normal storyline, but he's so popular they don't want to kill him off. If you're trying to set up someone as the ultimate bad guy, there's no better way to do it. Third, Darryl has hardly been a part of the show since mid-last season, and his character is now all about making Alexandria work and finding people to bring back...perfect set-up.

On a different note, something that is starting to bug me more and more about the whole walker thing is how they seem to be saying there is no natural death for walkers. Even the most minor damage to the brain (like Jessie hesitantly poking the knife through that lady's eye) is enough to put them down on the spot, but complete disintegration of body tissue (like the walker that Maggie kills in the sewer) isn't enough to degrade the brain to that same point?? Exactly when does the brain rot enough to stop a walker?

The second paragraph you wrote is something you're going to have to let go.

As for Daryl I think you're partly right. I do there that people care about Morgan so it could be him. He goes all the way back to episode 1. I think however that if he survives his all life is precious thing has big potential as they enter into yet another new world. There is a constant back and forth in philosophies and that has an impact that can linger. This is something that can live on with Morgan as a character or something that Rick starts to give serious thought...then Morgan is killed....and Rick goes back and forth on as he remembers Morgan. Either way it is a big part moving forward.

With Daryl I think you nailed it in that they have a hard time finding his true meaning to the group/show. The benefit of letting him live is that the best scenes with him involve him fighting and there will be plenty of that. Who wouldn't like seeing him have another "throwing a grenade down the barrel of a tank" moment? Still, people do love him and if he gets killed, the murderer is a bad guy for sure.

I still think the most likely victim is Glenn. I don't think he is dead yet. Not sure...but don't think so. He struggles to survive, makes it back to Maggie, probably does something that helps out everyone....maybe saves Rick or Daryl or somebody....then....pow. If he is already dead that means they will lose two major characters and I think in this case they kill Morgan off, not Daryl.

I know. I !@#$ing hate it when my zombies are unrealistic.

Why stop there? If the body tissue is completely disintegrated like that, how does the walker move? We're talking Army of Darkness style skeletons here. Chainsaw hands can't be far behind (oh wait, Merle).

Why stop there? If the body tissue is completely disintegrated like that, how does the walker move? We're talking Army of Darkness style skeletons here. Chainsaw hands can't be far behind (oh wait, Merle).

At the end of season 1, they established that the virus kills the brain, then reanimates the thalmus and midbrain. It's specifically said that the virus kills "the frontal lobes and neocortex."

So why does stabbing them in the neocortex kill them? Wouldn't you have to hit the thalmus or midbrain?

Edited by DC Tom

At the end of season 1, they established that the virus kills the brain, then reanimates the thalmus and midbrain. It's specifically said that the virus kills "the frontal lobes and neocortex."

So why does stabbing them in the neocortex kill them? Wouldn't you have to hit the thalmus or midbrain?

I'm beginning to think this show is not very realistic.

I know. I !@#$ing hate it when my zombies are unrealistic.

Yeah, I know it gets stupid complaining about stuff like that, but Aaron stabbing a basically jello mold zombie in the head to kill it just went overboard to me. I guess my main point is more that the writers could have easily had a more normal zombie, not one that was completely decayed and brings up that question. To me, it's a sign that they don't care about the story which they set up to begin with.

If they didn't want that world to have a sense of realism, they could have left out the CDC explanation all together.

Yeah, I know it gets stupid complaining about stuff like that, but Aaron stabbing a basically jello mold zombie in the head to kill it just went overboard to me. I guess my main point is more that the writers could have easily had a more normal zombie, not one that was completely decayed and brings up that question. To me, it's a sign that they don't care about the story which they set up to begin with.

If they didn't want that world to have a sense of realism, they could have left out the CDC explanation all together.

It's not so much that they don't care. It's more that because of Greg Nicotero's SFX and makeup background, it's to no small degree it's as much an effects-driven show as a character-driven show. Basically, it's a Tom Savini thing,

(And how the hell has Savini not yet shown up as a zombie extra?)

One thing that I thought was a real misfire for the totally decayed sewer zombies was that they had eyeballs