A new dawn for Buffalo, Pegula vote unanimous

papazoid

I don't have time for that blowhard Trump. After years of people on the outside promising that we would lose our team today is our day to celebrate. I don't care what anyone on the outside says. Pegula is our guy and owns our team. How great is that?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have time for that blowhard Trump. After years of people on the outside promising that we would lose our team today is our day to celebrate. I don't care what anyone on the outside says. Pegula is our guy and owns our team. How great is that?

How great? It couldn't be greater! Really, who could have imagined a better outcome. I love the current quality of our roster, and the new ownership just feels like the best possible fit. The future is bright.

Trump calls something he bid $1billion on a bad investment. In other words, Trump just wants to remind everyone that he's still around and still wealthy.

Any fans of the Donald Who touted him as a good potential owner want to take a bow now?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

He's also the only other guy who ponied up money to keep the Bills in Buffalo so some level of respect is required.

Actually, didn't Metropoulos bid more than Trump? I trust him more than Trump to keep the team in Buffalo long term.

Actually, didn't Metropoulos bid more than Trump? I trust him more than Trump to keep the team in Buffalo long term.

IIRC, Trump's non-binding bid was $1 billion, but he actually lowered his binding bid. He was never serious about owning the Bills and deserves ZERO respect.

IIRC, Trump's non-binding bid was $1 billion, but he actually lowered his binding bid. He was never serious about owning the Bills and deserves ZERO respect.

Agreed. This was all for publicity.

I don't know if you guys heard this morning but Schopp does a show called "Hobby" on Saturday mornings (this was the last week). The last caller was a guy named Terry and he was talking about when he started collecting baseball cards in 1956 and yada yada. Schopp told him "gotta go" because he wanted to say thanks to all that have helped with the show.

At any rate there was a striking resemblance in Terry the caller's voice and comments and Mr. Pegula. They are saying (not sure if it is true but I think that it is) that the last caller on Schopp's show ever was Pegula!! Ha ha and Schopp blew him off

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don't know of you guys heard this this morning but Schoop does a show called "Hobby" on Satirday mornings (this was the last week). The last caller was a guy named Terry and he was talking about when he started collecting baseball cards in 1956 and yada had. Schoop told him "gotta go" because he wanted to say thanks to all that have helped with the show. At any rate there was a striking resemblance in Terry the caller's voice and comments and Mr. Pegula. They are saying (not sure if it is true but I think that it is) that the last caller on Schoop's show ever was Pegula!! Ha ha and Schoop blew him off

A perfect ending to a sad and miserable time in Buffalo radio. What a putz.

they have the call posted now and it was TPegs

http://media.wgr550.com/a/97893687/10-11-pegula-calls-the-hobby.htm

Now I can't stand Schopp and his misplaced arrogance as much as anyone, but in fairness, he engaged the caller and simply ran out of time. Terry was having trouble getting his comments out which didn't help. A non-story IMO. The story is that Terry called in the first place.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/97893687/10-11-pegula-calls-the-hobby.htm

Now I can't stand Schopp and his misplaced arrogance as much as anyone, but in fairness, he engaged the caller and simply ran out of time. Terry was having trouble getting his comments out which didn't help. A non-story IMO. The story is that Terry called in the first place.

I agree and I was listening to the show. It was the last show and Schopp wanted to thank everyone that made it possible over the last 6 years. He wasn't rude or anything just up against the clock.

it's so comforting to know that Terry Pegula cares so much as evidenced by the raw emotion that comes out when he's talking about the bills and sabres staying in buffalo and all that means to so many.

how he recalled listening to wgr radio on his car ride back from Detroit after it was announced an agreement in principle was reached to buy the team and how he wants to meet that first caller (jr) who's hearfelt jubilation spoke for so many.

Ralph's foundation, we keep our beloved bills for another 54 years, a new downtown stadium is all but certain, construction cranes all over town....

good times ahead...Go Bills !!

http://media.wgr550....s-the-hobby.htm

I agree and I was listening to the show. It was the last show and Schopp wanted to thank everyone that made it possible over the last 6 years. He wasn't rude or anything just up against the clock.

What was up next? Another local show? Pretty easy to just let Schopp thank everyone after the break, and start the next show a bit late. A syndicated show could be joined in progress. That's not really up to Schopp, though.

What was in Schopp's control was for him to recognize it was Pegula and decide to let him have the rest of the show. Save his thanks for a guest appearance next week on someone else's show. But that takes quick thinking.

Edited by The Dean

Finally watched the press conference... that guy definitely has heart. I don't know anything about Pegula since I don't follow hockey and don't live in Buffalo... but he made a hell of a first impression on me.

Same here. Just watched. not the best presentation. But that did not matter one lick.

I Love this Man already.

Pegulaville is the place to be !

Trump: You overpaid!

Pegula: I can afford to.

How does making a dream become reality cost ?

1.4 bilion. exactly.

Thanks Terry. we owe you big time.

How great? It couldn't be greater! Really, who could have imagined a better outcome. I love the current quality of our roster, and the new ownership just feels like the best possible fit. The future is bright.

+1

Not only us Bills fans but Buffalo and the region just became richer because of the Man as a benefactor !!

ps Augie , I knew it ws corey graham as team Captain . I just was being smart aleck about how kyle Orton appears to have gained the heart of the team going forward in just one game.

Edited by 3rdand12

So I don't believe in God, am posting for attention, and am like the North Koreans, eh? DB? See you in six months.

Let's make that appointment in either Allentown, or Elmwood village.

This way, when I hit you with the facts, I'll be educating more than one 2 time loser/reason we have the president we do, delta bravo.

In fact, let's do it someplace that has karaoke. This way, I can slam as many unmitigated morons as possible. After all, efficiency/effectiveness is one of the reasons I've met with so much success. I'll make up new fracking/Pegula words to a song, and laugh my ass offf doing it.

OR, you can quit while you're behind. After all, life is choice. But please...choose the dumb thing. I don't get to do much IRL trolling anymore....

Edited by OCinBuffalo

@realDonaldTrump

The people of Buffalo should be happy Terry Pegula got the team but I hope he does better w/the Bills than he has w/the Sabres. Good luck!

Even though I refused to pay a ridiculous price for the Buffalo Bills, I would have produced a winner. Now that won’t happen.

The @nfl games are so boring now that actually, I’m glad I didn’t get the Bills. Boring games, too many flags, too soft!

Trolling Buffalo fans must be fun.