Watkins trade revisited

Watkins trade revisited   

396 members have voted

1. 1. With what we know now would you make the same trade for Watkins?

• Yes, he's worth it
    • No, I would rather the pick

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said I'd wait til after the bye to vote, but I'm now satisfied that Watkins was worth what we traded to get him.

When you consider how few first rounders become bona fide stars, dropping 2 picks for a superstar is definitely worth it, and I'm confident that's what he is.

@buffalobills

Doug Marrone on @sammywatkins long non-TD: "I don't expect a guy like him to do that ever again. We don't have time for stuff like that"

I had the same thought. Sammy's a smart guy. He learned his lesson, and didn't celebrate until the end zone on his (should have been 2nd) TD.

But he did it again. The showboat. he was lucky those two defenders gave up on the play

i dont like it one bit

He didn't do it again. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

I had the same thought. Sammy's a smart guy. He learned his lesson, and didn't celebrate until the end zone on his (should have been 2nd) TD.

I definitely thought he did it again, after I said "he would never do this again" after the first time.

He slowed down, but I didn't see the hot dog with kraut in his mouth. Guess we saw it diffnt.

Ultimately I don't care if he moon walks in if he goes full speed - the reason the celebration is an issue is because it slows you down. I was pretty surprised he slowed down that soon after.

@BuffaloBillsPR

.@sammywatkins' 38 receptions and 590 receiving yards through 8 games are both the most by a rookie/first-year player in #Bills history

Without the brainfart of slowing down at the 5 yard line, that would be 38 receptions for 595 yards and 6 Tds (he has 5, I know).

That is in 8 games with four of them being with EJ.

Over 16 games the real stats would be 76 receptions for 1180 yards and 10 TDs. That is arguably the best year ever for a Bills WR.

If he wasnt stupid, it would be 12 TDs and that would be the best season ever.

In the four games with Orton, Sammy Watkins (with one of the four game being used as a decoy) has 21 catches for 393 yards and 3 Tds. Over a season, that is 84-1572-12. And with the extra TD if he didn't showboat it's 84-1592-16

yes he diid he slowed up after looking around on the next TD.

Damn kids !

yes he diid he slowed up after looking around on the next TD.

Damn kids !

But we won so i will of course forgive him.

Robert Woods would not have done that BS though. but he woulda punched somebody in the mouth and drawn a penalty

Without the brainfart of slowing down at the 5 yard line, that would be 38 receptions for 595 yards and 6 Tds (he has 5, I know).

That is in 8 games with four of them being with EJ.

Over 16 games the real stats would be 76 receptions for 1180 yards and 10 TDs. That is arguably the best year ever for a Bills WR.

If he wasnt stupid, it would be 12 TDs and that would be the best season ever.

In the four games with Orton, Sammy Watkins (with one of the four game being used as a decoy) has 21 catches for 393 yards and 3 Tds. Over a season, that is 84-1572-12. And with the extra TD if he didn't showboat it's 84-1592-16

Yeah but they need a franchise QB. What good is a WR without a QB? :)

I made this a public poll for a reason. Even the people that argued against it the most have come around some. The guy is a superstar. I thought that he was like Julio Jones but I was wrong. He's better. Watkins is an absolute star.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

When you consider the early season QB play, his rib injury and the struggles of the OLine, maybe we should call Cleveland and ask if they'd like another draft pick. Or maybe not.

I have already lost Browns phone number. and if they ever call i will be screening Pettine.

Yeah but they need a franchise QB. What good is a WR without a QB? :)

answer: pretty f'n good