Orton Press'er?

CSBill

What was your impression of his press conference / interview today?

My thoughts:

1 - The verbal slap down on the EJ question was classic! And, in defending his teammate, I bet he earns some huge credibility with all his teammates.

2 - I felt he handled all questions wisely. No dumb responses, but all answered quickly and intelligently.

3 - He showed real professionalism.

4 - He seems sufficiently confident, but not arrogant .... A quality that instills confidence in his teammates.

All-in-all, I liked what I heard.

Edited by CSBill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts:

1 - The verbal slap down on the EJ question was classic! And, in defending his teammate, I bet he earns some huge credibility with all his teammates.

2 - I felt he handled all questions wisely. No dumb responses, but all answered quickly and intelligently.

4 - He seems sufficiently confident, but not arrogant .... A quality that instills confidence in his teammates.

I just found and listened to the press conference in its entirety in order to respond to your thread.

I couldn't agree more with all of your points.

He came across as confident but not cocky, very professional, said all the right things, and he was like a veteran who knows what the hell he is doing. His answers were borderline perfect.

If his performance in that PC translates to his performance on the field on Sunday, we are in good shape.

:thumbsup:

I see a man completely in control of the situation. He said exactly what he wanted to say, and not one iota more. He even stopped questioners when he knew where they were going and had heard enough. I liked how he was irritated at being asked how his play would surpass EJs' - that's a sign of a solid guy and a good teammate.

Granted this was not exactly a stressful situation, but I can't help but watch and think, this guy seems mentally tough.

Definitely seemed confident and like someone who's been around the block a few times. Also seems like someone who doesn't suffer fools lightly and will get annoyed at stupid questions.

The 'crap question' comes at the 3 minute mark of the video on BB.com. At first I thought it came from the person holding the big blue Buffalo Billls mic in the foreground. After analyzing it like the Zapruder film, I now think it is just an illusion - that person was thrustng the mic forward right when the question ended (what a person asking a question might do) really just to pick up the response, and the real shot came from the 'back, and to the left. back - and to the left' - well actually, straight ahead. If you look at him answer, he looks directly ahead when responding, presumably at the person who asked the question (who is out of the frame).

Edited by stevewin

Orton was very impressive in that presser. He handled a tough situation perfectly, keeping account of a number of different issues, and answering quickly and precisely. I don't know how much if anything his self possession and intelligence in that circumstance will translate onto the field. After all, if he can't throw, he can't throw. But I have to feel that the guy is going to go out there, not be overwhelmed, and give the best he's got, earning the respect of his teammates.

My thoughts:

My thoughts too. EJ would have easily locked on to one answer on some of those questions while the right answer was wide open.

As an EJ supporter, it's kind of fun to poke at him.

My thoughts too. EJ would have easily locked on to one answer on some of those questions while the right answer was wide open.

As an EJ supporter, it's kind of fun to poke at him.

but he always said "yes sir" and "no sir."

Kyle doesn't give a f#%*. Funny.