Will Tom Brady be benched?

brady benching  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Brady get benched this year

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard on NFL Total Access that Tom Brady was playing worse than EJ!?

That is completely mindblowing considering how great he is, this could be the end and we now how much Kraft likes keeping high priced veterans.

That's not possible. Ej is the worst player to ever even look at a football. Brady is a future hall of famer and the qb is the only person responsible for how they look and their stats.

Based on "knowing" all of this- it is impossible. Sorry.

an ESPN poll

Is Tom Brady done as an elite quarterback?

nationally 51% say yes, in BeanTown 53% say no.

http://www.cbssports...scared-to-death

Rodney Harrison: Tom Brady looks 'scared to death'

through 4 games, he's (Brady) statistically the worst quarterback in the AFC East.

Just so we're clear, that list includes Geno Smith, Ryan Tannehill and EJ Manuel, who was just benched for Kyle Orton.

:nana::beer::thumbsup::D

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Let's trade EJ for Brady straight up.

I mean sure this is a no brainer.

But just to be clear on expectations, if you're trading a young inexperienced guy that has sucked behind a crappy line with unproven wrs, for a future hall of famer who has sucked behind a crappy line with unproven wrs... you will still end up with a guy that sucks behind a crappy line with unproven wrs. Maybe he will suck in a different way... Well at least that is change!

People get that right?

If NE should be calling for anyone's head it should be Josh Daniels. KC's offensive coordinator just destroyed Daniels with regards to gameplan and play calling. Brady made the throws that he was asked to make. KC's defense just needed to keep the play in front of them because most passes were 0-5 yards. NE had no vertical threat -- they sat Thompkins and Dodson, Amendola and Edelman were rubbed out on almost every play and Gronk wasn't getting open. Their only TD before garbage time was due to two Chiefs defenders wiping each other out. Nice to see the Pats going through their Jauron era.

Brady is old and he is starting to look his age.

He is also going to take a physical beating this year.

Old men don't absorb physical punishment all that well.

If the Pats season starts to turn really sour-which is possible-expect to see JG under centre before the year is out.

I really think he is all done in NE. Belichick knows it, Brady knows it, and surely Kraft knows it. I expect him to be benched sometime after week 10 or 12. I think Marsha will be on the trade market, and the Pats will rake in a 1st rounder for him.

We don't have a 1st rounder.

I will guarantee one of two things happen this weekend when they play Cinci. Either they prove that NE still has the best coach in the biz as well as a QB with something to prove or a thumping of KC proportions is on the way (along with the final nail in the coffin). Honestly, I think the thumping is a foregone conclusion and there is going to be no middle ground in the 2 options laid out above......

I think they play a game where one team scores 0-72 points and the other team scores 0-73 points.

I may not know much about football, but I know trading with Bill for a QB seems to be a sure sign that a GM/Coach is going to be fired.

Edited by jeremy2020

I have seen New England "on the ropes" before and this feels different.

They may get it together enough in a bad division to win 9 or 10 and the Division... but no more than that.

They just dont have the horses. BB's game of attrition and terrible drafting has caught up with them. Brady no longer has a great defense and ST including a HOF kicker and (cameras). No more Randy Moss and/or Welker.

Veterans dont want to sign there anymore because there is enough pressure to be an NFL player without BB's authoritarian policies.

The Patriots have the opposite problem that the Bills have. Buffalo has talented offensive players, but have a quarterback that can't get them the ball. The Patriots seem to let go of their best talent on both sides of the ball every year and yet were still able to win. I saw "WERE" still able to win. Now the lack of talent is costing them significantly. Their defense can't stop anyone and their offense can't score points. In terms of the OP question, no way Brady gets benched. Old hood-scrotum will keep him out there as long as his team has a chance to win.

It's really hard to win year after year the way the Patriots have done. The secondary key is Brady, but the real key is Belichick. He might be a dour bore, and may have cheated from time to time, but he's also an amazing coach who's held that team together year after year by taking the players available and figuring out how to win with them. But parity being what it is, sooner or later the late draft picks and regression to the mean are going to pull down the talent level to the point where even the hoody can't turn what he's got into gold.

I thought the time to overtake the Pats was last year, when they had no WRs except rookies and tricksters, but they still won, helped in large measure by poor competition in their division. This year they still have no real threats and WR, the O line is old and crumbling, the aging defense is getting gashed, and Brady might be thinking about how nice it would be to travel with Giselle. If the Bills can get competent QB play, the time for an empire change could be at hand.

If your plan is to trade him why would you bench him? If JG were to hypothetically "light it up" Brady's trade value would be in the crapper. (I don't think they trade him, but, if they did the market would be narrow and I'd say maybe a 3rd rounder)

This was how we ended up with Drew Bledsoe, but we are not known for being smart.

Just heard on NFL Total Access that Tom Brady was playing worse than EJ!?

That is completely mindblowing considering how great he is, this could be the end and we now how much Kraft likes keeping high priced veterans.

Tommy Boy will retire before he gets benched.

an ESPN poll

through 4 games, he's (Brady) statistically the worst quarterback in the AFC East.

Just so we're clear, that list includes Geno Smith, Ryan Tannehill and EJ Manuel, who was just benched for Kyle Orton.

The bolded Harrison quote is out of context, you know it. or what you listened to has been editied. BTW I think Brady sucks, Harrison on the Dan Patrick show also said he has lost all his weapons, Amandola blows, Gronk is always nursing something, past that? Nothing. The O- Line is in shatters (I wonder why.) Their D is even worse. Brady is surely going down hill but he is still like the Bills played 4 games.

So, to even try and say Brady is the worst QB in the AFCE is laughable, considering the Bills started until now the bust known as EJ Manuel with a loaded tool box. Stats be dammed whats the over under on giving up a first and having to kiss the hoody's ring to get Brady? i will go for 8.

I wonder how "washed up" Brady will look playing the Bills? We always seem to be an elixir for what is ailing Tommy boy. I really hope this time we give him some bad medicine! That is looming to be a huge game in the division, if it's really our time, we will know after that game!

Edited by chiefbigtalljoe

an ESPN poll

I'd be scared to death too if I played behind his offensive line!

Brady has the same problem the Bills have no answer at either guard position and an overhyped center

That's not possible. Ej is the worst player to ever even look at a football. Brady is a future hall of famer and the qb is the only person responsible for how they look and their stats.

Based on "knowing" all of this- it is impossible. Sorry.

A smarmy post intimating that EJ Manuel is actually better than Tom Brady and attempting to minimize Brady's legacy as an all-time QB. Now I have seen it all.