Will Tom Brady be benched?

brady benching  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Brady get benched this year

well they didn't use a 2nd round pick on janeane garofalo for notthing. I have a sense they're more committed this time than they were to mallet. Kraft and Bellichik have enormous egos, they'd throw Brady under the bus in a heartbeat rather than cite years of poor drafts and petty free agent moves

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will guarantee one of two things happen this weekend when they play Cinci. Either they prove that NE still has the best coach in the biz as well as a QB with something to prove or a thumping of KC proportions is on the way (along with the final nail in the coffin). Honestly, I think the thumping is a foregone conclusion and there is going to be no middle ground in the 2 options laid out above......

cincy is a very deep team with explosive playmakers in both sides if the ball. Their only question mark has been Dalton, and he has looked great too so far. I do not think the pats have the speed on D to counter their offense, as therefore I think they will need to play from behind like they did in KC. Even at home, I don't think they win this game. Cincy, SD and Denver are the class of the AFC right now. Luck is up there but the team around him isn't as good as the others.

"Injury" will end Brady's career, not the bench. Emphasis on the quotation marks.

Pick which "injury"... i guess "shoulder"

Internal bleeding from sheared blood vessel

i hope they keep playing Brady. I've been waiting for a long time for him to be bad and I'm loving every minute of it. It seems his deal with the devil only lasted 13 years (fitting). Now let's sit back and see how "great" of a coach Belicheat is when he doesn't have the best QB in the league

with our luck Brady starts, and sucks so he does get benched. Then Garoppolo comes in to lead the Pats to a win :cry:

I will guarantee one of two things happen this weekend when they play Cinci. Either they prove that NE still has the best coach in the biz as well as a QB with something to prove or a thumping of KC proportions is on the way (along with the final nail in the coffin). Honestly, I think the thumping is a foregone conclusion and there is going to be no middle ground in the 2 options laid out above......

I agree. Brady is going to drop 4 TDs on those guys.

http://www.cbssports...scared-to-death

Rodney Harrison: Tom Brady looks 'scared to death'

through 4 games, he's (Brady) statistically the worst quarterback in the AFC East.

Just so we're clear, that list includes Geno Smith, Ryan Tannehill and EJ Manuel, who was just benched for Kyle Orton.

:nana::beer::thumbsup::D

That alone makes it worth benching Manuel. :w00t:

Just heard on NFL Total Access that Tom Brady was playing worse than EJ!?

That is completely mindblowing considering how great he is, this could be the end and we now how much Kraft likes keeping high priced veterans.

Nothing is impossible, however, I can not see any scenario where NE benches Tom Brady. I don't even think BB and Kraft could do this...I know they are shrewd, but being shrewd with an aging player on the DL, OL, etc is one thing, but being that shrewd with the man who delivered you 5 SB appearances, 3 Wins, and has been the face of the franchise and one of the faces for the whole NFL for the last 13 years is something I don't even think they would have the balls to do.

I very much could see them trading Brady before next season, but benching him and the amount of disrespect that would have amongst the rest of the guys in that locker room would cause them to lose that team. I just can not see in any scenario a benching of Brady without an injury coming into play. If Brady got hurt and Garopolo came in for several weeks and played great and led them to big wins, then maybe they don't switch back (see Bledsoe/Brady). Outside of that, there is just no scenario I see they could actually flat out bench him.

He was pulled from that game because the game was over, not because he was being benched. They used that as an opportunity to get the young kid some reps just like most teams do in a blowout loss like that. Its very common and I think its just being over analyzed simply because people are not used to the Pats getting whooped like that or Brady struggling like that, especially in prime time. In fact, if this was a Sunday morning game, this wouldnt be getting near the same attention.

I agree. Brady is going to drop 4 TDs on those guys.

well the odds makers agree w/ you, have pats as 3.5 favorite. to me thats shocking theyre still riding on fumes, given rule of thumb home field is worth 3, that means theyd even be favored on neutral field. I dont see this at all. Bengals are a physical team and theyve been the AFC's best thru 3 weeks. This is not the same Pats team as previous years. They would have lost 2 weeks ago @ home to Raiders, if not for a stupid holding call which nullified a TD

The Patriots have the opposite problem that the Bills have. Buffalo has talented offensive players, but have a quarterback that can't get them the ball. The Patriots seem to let go of their best talent on both sides of the ball every year and yet were still able to win. I saw "WERE" still able to win. Now the lack of talent is costing them significantly. Their defense can't stop anyone and their offense can't score points. In terms of the OP question, no way Brady gets benched. Old hood-scrotum will keep him out there as long as his team has a chance to win.

Spikes was the nail in the coffin B-)

(actually Mankins but I like the fact that their run stuffer is now tearing it up for us)

I wonder how "washed up" Brady will look playing the Bills? We always seem to be an elixir for what is ailing Tommy boy. I really hope this time we give him some bad medicine! That is looming to be a huge game in the division, if it's really our time, we will know after that game!

I guess you do not know what the word "always" means. Biggest thumping of Pats* in Brady era prior to KC game were by the Bills.

Brady will not be benched. He will be unable to play due to injuries first even if the injure status is agreed to by Brady and Pats* to allow him to save face and New England to get more in trade.

I did tell people in pre-season Brady was NOT good last year. The Patriots are on nearly every week over here (presumably because they have the word "England" in their name). Yes he had bad receivers last year, but he was missing very makeable throws in a way I'd never seen him do before. I actually thought that there might be a mini bounce back this year but it has continued. This slump is not a new thing.... it may have plunged new depths (presmubly as they've weakened his protection) but the arrow was very definitely pointing down throughout last season.

I think this is it boys I really do... I think Brady might be done.... I saw him against Cinci last year and they manhandled him it was brutal. I know Zimmer has gone but if the same happens again this week how long before BB starts believing that Garoppolo gives him the best chance to win?

well the odds makers agree w/ you, have pats as 3.5 favorite. to me thats shocking theyre still riding on fumes, given rule of thumb home field is worth 3, that means theyd even be favored on neutral field. I dont see this at all. Bengals are a physical team and theyve been the AFC's best thru 3 weeks. This is not the same Pats team as previous years. They would have lost 2 weeks ago @ home to Raiders, if not for a stupid holding call which nullified a TD

cincy is favored by 1.0 - 1.5

The bolded Harrison quote is out of context, you know it. or what you listened to has been editied. BTW I think Brady sucks, Harrison on the Dan Patrick show also said he has lost all his weapons, Amandola blows, Gronk is always nursing something, past that? Nothing. The O- Line is in shatters (I wonder why.) Their D is even worse. Brady is surely going down hill but he is still like the Bills played 4 games.

So, to even try and say Brady is the worst QB in the AFCE is laughable, considering the Bills started until now the bust known as EJ Manuel with a loaded tool box. Stats be dammed whats the over under on giving up a first and having to kiss the hoody's ring to get Brady? i will go for 8.

what was in bold was the sites title, I didn't make it up. Media misleading titles sucks people in.