State of the Bills

sjjr

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire organization watched Tuel, Lewis and EJ work the entire offseason and made no effort to bring anyone in.

I stopped reading here.

Multiple reports indicated the Bills tried to get Orton as soon as he got released, but Orton wanted to wait it out for the best situation (money + playing time).

There was a lot of bust talk on Bradfird early too. I just hate giving up a young qb so early. It's a bad look.

CB, not trying to pile on here but there is nothing that EJ is good at.

He won't run until it's too late.

He throws uncatchable incompletions.

When he manages to complete a pass, he doesn't lead his receivers and throws behind them more often than not.

When his receivers are wide open they have to wait for the football.

Listen, EJ is awful. Yes, simply awful. Now, will Orton last the season behind our guards? I hope so but it's a reach to say the least. What will probably happen is that EJ will get back in and continue to suck.

That said.......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Draft was on May 8 and they traded up to get a guy to help EJ....gave up the 1st and 4th round picks in this upcoming draft to do so. If they were concerned on May 1 about EJ's future as the franchise QB, they shouldn't have done that and addressed the situation in the draft or via trade.

The problem with EJ is that he is just like NY Yankee CF Bernie Williams.

I.E., a sophisticated, intelligent guy who would rather be home cooking some good food and playing classical guitar.

The difference is that Bernie was also a hell of an athlete in his chosen sport.

My prediction: Before this season ends, Orton gets banged up, EJ plays a few games and gets banged up, and before you know it, it's Tuel time in Buffalo.

You said what me and a lot of other people are also thinking - thanks!

The problem with EJ is that he is just like NY Yankee CF Bernie Williams.

I.E., a sophisticated, intelligent guy who would rather be home cooking some good food and playing classical guitar.

The difference is that Bernie was also a hell of an athlete in his chosen sport.

Agreed!

I said something similar to this in another thread and got ripped to shreds.

Does Terry Pegula know what he's into by being the Buffalo Bills new owner? I don't see a competitive Bills team for the next 3-4 years.

I do, in fact. I see a playoff team with competent coaches and GM.

Whaley might make brilliant moves on the defensive side, but wtf is up with the OG position...for two years now! This FO has had a policy in regards that OG's can be found later in the draft, and therefor aren't that important.

The Dallas Cowboys offensive line stunk last season, and almost got Tony Romo killed. This year they draft Zack Martin and start him at OG, and that line is greatly improved, and their run game is dominate.

The OG position is going to bite the supposed O line guru, and the GM right square in the backside this year.

The offense is set up to be highly productive provided you have a capable QB, most of us would figure a second year player would improve.

Orton is certainly capable of running a good offense, I think we will see it wasn't Hackett or the crappy line it's the qb who plays at 65% speed.

I also believe EJ will be back at some point, nothing wrong with sitting many many quarterbacks have and EJ should have

Sammy Watkins, EJ Manuel, Stephon Gilmore, Marcell Dareus, CJ Spiller, Eric Wood, Aaron Maybin, Leodis McKelvin, Marshawn Lynch, John McCargo, Donte Whitner, JP Losman, Lee Evans, Willis McGahee,Mike Williams.

This is NOT a pick on the draft post-- That is the last 15 years of first round picks the 2000s have been rough (Erik Flowers) so someone tell me why we are crying that we don't have our #1 pick. You really think THIS is the magic year they would have selected a super star ? Thats 15 years worth of a track record that the 1st round pick essentially hasn't helped. Watkins could be a great player I'm not dumb enough to write the book 4 games into a career, but I wouldn't say Eric Wood is a dominate the line type of player you would take a center in the first round and expect. CJ is his career going forward ? Gilmore has he improved ? Dareus is moving forward in my opinion but again not the wrecking ball you see on other teams with that high of a pick. I don't get the whining of not having our pick was all we have done is screwed it up. I think it comes from stinking so long we look forward to the draft like KC Royal fans used to approach their season, Big Club sucks but look at the prospects.

There hasn't been a sense of urgency at OBD for years. So long as RW was alive, the OBD lifers were guaranteed to have jobs regardless of the results. That may sound harsh, but things changed dramatically when Mr. Wilson passed. The entire tone of the place changed, as evidenced by their trade up to grab Watkins.

The GM's, HC's, coaches, and players may change, but the result has remained the same. It's the senior people who've been there for this duration who impact the on-field result more than some can imagine.

Hopefully Pegula has an organizational review conducted during the latter part of this season. There's some people who've lasted longer than they would for most teams.

This thread makes me laugh. The title should be changed to "open invitation to pass through your agenda." It is just a place to crusade on the same topics that the same people do in every thread. I should have just come here and posted how the Bills shouldn't keep Hogan and they will never move to Toronto.

The state of the Bills is pretty clear. They have lots of talent, a bad QB and a bad division. They replaced the guy in hopes of getting acceptable QB play because that is certainly enough for them to win the division. They will have to try to address the QB long term (I think that it will be Bradford). The direction of the Bills is as bright as it has been in over a decade (Bledsoe years at worst).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

No you are wrong on EJ. According to @Kemp2Warlick & @Mr.Weo in Shout Box EJ should retire & open a Popeye's.

We got food poisoning at a Popeye's after a Clemson game once. I am..... still too shaken... very few toilets within a hundred miles of Clemson.... go with a KFC or a Wendy's please when the time comes. In the meantime, chill out, relax and just play the GAME. It's a game! Being uptight about it only makes it worse. Admirable that he wants to be perfect, but it keeps him from being just good enough. (I subscribe to the yips theory, being a yipper myself.)

This thread makes me laugh. The title should be changed to "open invitation to pass through your agenda." It is just a place to crusade on the same topics that the same people do in every thread. I should have just come here and posted how the Bills shouldn't keep Hogan and they will never move to Toronto.

Hey can Tampa Bob add a few complaints about how Fred Jackson is slowly plodding for only 4.8ypc?