State of the Bills

sjjr

EJ had his most disappointing game as a pro and likely was most responsible for the loss against the Texans. He looked rattled and his accuracy was as bad as its ever been. With that said, this move was total panic in a situation that has resulted from total mismanagement that we've seen before too many times as Bills Fans!

The entire organization watched Tuel, Lewis and EJ work the entire offseason and made no effort to bring anyone in. The trade up to get Sammy to "Help EJ." Then after a few preseason games and some heat being applied by the fanbase and media, they bring in a mercenary QB in Orton and decided not to make EJ a captain. Wait a minute....didn't we see this in Jauron's last year when he all of the sudden decided before the first game that his offensive line was no good and made changes at just about every position?

Point is...same mismanagement by the Bills, different year. The characters change but not the bad moves. I've been a Bills fan my whole life, but this move just makes me sick. I'll support Orton on Sunday but we all have seen this kind of QB not too long ago...Fitz. What happens when he stinks it up and throws three picks? What happens if the Bills finish 7-9?

The Bills have got to just win football games and stop worrying so much about what is being said by the media and fans between games.

For EJ...he should keep his head up. He's a fine young man with a bright future in whatever he does. He played not to lose is all. It's not about if you get knocked down, its about how you get up. He needs to get a large chip on his shoulder and when he gets his chance again, go out and take his place and success in the NFL.

Go Bills! and EJ!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is tough to judge the staff and FO, since they are all playing for their jobs with the new owner.

If there was no new owner, they would have never traded for Watkins, and would have ridden EJ out this year, trying to develop him. The desperation of playing to win right now caused them to do the Watkins trade and then bench EJ for Orton.

As one of the optimist Bills fans in the world, I'm depressed. I hate this move. I know how the Orton stories ends and we cancelled the EJ one before it really began.

I'd love Orton to take the Bills to the playoffs but given his .500 record, I highly doubt it. And then we wasted another season on a journeyman qb while a young one sat on the bench. Awesome.

It's really sad when fans know whats better for the team then the decision makers at OBD.

Please. Fans would fire and cut players after every game.

I think that the Bills see the division as wide open and know that Orton is better equipped to win this year. He is an upgrade but not great. It's the right decision but it is a band aid not a solution. I do believe that the Bills are going to win the division. They are just better than the other teams.

I think that the Bills see the division as wide open and know that Orton is better equipped to win this year. He is an upgrade but not great. It's the right decision but it is a band aid not a solution. I do believe that the Bills are going to win the division. They are just better than the other teams.

And what if they don't? I'm watching Alex Smith, who EJ was much better than after 2 years, pick the Pats apart.

What if we go 8-8, which given Orton's track record is likely, where are we? We just have up on a 1st rounder after less than 16 starts?

And what if they don't? I'm watching Alex Smith, who EJ was much better than after 2 years, pick the Pats apart.

What if we go 8-8, which given Orton's track record is likely, where are we? We just have up on a 1st rounder after less than 16 starts?

EJ just can't throw the ball accurately enough. He missed guys all over the field yesterday. Orton isn't the long term answer but they are trying to take the division. After this year I think that Sam Bradford will be the QB.

Thanks, now I feel even worse. :(

Ha ha, I am not sure that he is the answer either. He was great last year before getting hurt. He is just ALWAYS hurt. I think that Orton will back him up. It's just a feeling but I don't think that the Bills are going to start over with a rookie because the window is open. They are good everywhere else and their division is just bad. Bradford has huge upside but you certainly can't depend on 16 starts. Again, it's just a feeling but it makes a lot of sense.

Ha ha, I am not sure that he is the answer either. He was great last year before getting hurt. He is just ALWAYS hurt. I think that Orton will back him up. It's just a feeling but I don't think that the Bills are going to start over with a rookie because the window is open. They are good everywhere else and their division is just bad. Bradford has huge upside but you certainly can't depend on 16 starts. Again, it's just a feeling but it makes a lot of sense.

There was a lot of bust talk on Bradfird early too. I just hate giving up a young qb so early. It's a bad look.

There was a lot of bust talk on Bradfird early too. I just hate giving up a young qb so early. It's a bad look.

The issue with EJ is that the issues that he has aren't things that get better (namely accuracy). You can teach a guy to make better decisions (that's why Geno can improve) but I don't know if you can teach a guy to throw more accurately. Bradford has the physical skills but he is never healthy. Every QB is different and has different issues. Some are easier to develop than others.

The issue with EJ is that the issues that he has aren't things that get better (namely accuracy). You can teach a guy to make better decisions (that's why Geno can improve) but I don't know if you can teach a guy to throw more accurately. Bradford has the physical skills but he is never healthy. Every QB is different and has different issues. Some are easier to develop than others.

Stafford, Vick, steve Young, & Alex Smith are guys who improved accuracy over their career.

Also, accept EJ for what he is. Have him be a big play passer like Big Ben or Flacco. I think the one time he didn't think so much was on the bomb to Williams. I think they made him into a robot.

Stafford, Vick, steve Young, & Alex Smith are guys who improved accuracy over their career.

Also, accept EJ for what he is. Have him be a big play passer like Big Ben or Flacco. I think the one time he didn't think so much was on the bomb to Williams. I think they made him into a robot.

I don't disagree with the last part. His accuracy is REALLY bad though. Watch the All 22 this week and I think that you will be shocked at just how bad he was Sunday. He seems like a great kid and has some tools but just don't see him becoming a player. Orton is a temporary solution. The division is bad though. There is an opportunity and the Bills are trying to capitalize.

I don't disagree with the last part. His accuracy is REALLY bad though. Watch the All 22 this week and I think that you will be shocked at just how bad he was Sunday. He seems like a great kid and has some tools but just don't see him becoming a player. Orton is a temporary solution. The division is bad though. There is an opportunity and the Bills are trying to capitalize.

You make good points and obviously I want to make the playoffs. That trumps all.

But say it's a 8-8 season and perhaps we sneak in the playoffs and lose our first game. That would be great but after the season, where are we? I still feel like EJ could get us to .500.

You make good points and obviously I want to make the playoffs. That trumps all.

But say it's a 8-8 season and perhaps we sneak in the playoffs and lose our first game. That would be great but after the season, where are we? I still feel like EJ could get us to .500.

It's a tough spot because the goal needs to be Super Bowls (not playoff games). The way that I view it is that neither of them will win a Super Bowl as a QB so that makes it a little easier. They still need to find their guy but they can't start at square one again.

It's really sad when fans know whats better for the team then the decision makers at OBD.

This has been true for many years, I'm afraid. The Buffalo Bills always thinks they are smarter than everyone else in the league and it always blows up in their face. It is a broken record.

This has been true for many years, I'm afraid. The Buffalo Bills always thinks they are smarter than everyone else in the league and it always blows up in their face. It is a broken record.