Why does the defense continue to get a pass?

Jrock

They gave up 20 points cuz that is all the Chargers needed. After the 8 minute 3rd quarter TD, the game was over. There were only 2 possessions in that 3rd quarter. I actually thought that the first defensive stop came early in the 4rth quarter. THE DEFENSE WAS PUTRID against the Chargers. Need i mention SG24 again?

The Chargers 3rd down offense finished worse than the Bills offense. The whole game counts. Chargers did not want Buffalo to hang around. The Bills were in Charger territory with 11 minutes left down 10 when EJ missed Mike Williams wide open for a huge gain. I dont think the Chargers wanted that situation.

Lets also remember they were facing a great offense and great QB. I will take that vs Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, Peyton Manning this year as well. You cant win games scoring 10 points vs all pro QBs.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets also remember they were facing a great offense and great QB. I will take that vs Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, Peyton Manning this year as well. You cant win games scoring 10 points vs all pro QBs.

Good point. The team that fired Schwartz held Rogers to 7 points last week.

Again our defense was suspect at best and everyone is talking about the qb. We forced one punt in the first three quarters. And playing with the wind at our back we only had 5 minutes two dives 1 field goal in the second qtr and 6 minutes 1 drive td in the 3rd qtr. The reason was not the offenses inability to drive with the wind it was the defenses inability to get a stop. We couldn't even stop them with the wind in their face. The only reason we only allowed 20 pts is because the chargers took to long to score. Does anybody else see this as a problem?

No one got a pass. Defense is 2-1 also.

.... Still did enough to win the game.

C'mon.... Can't say that unless you win the game.

Good point. The team that fired Schwartz held Rogers to 7 points last week.

So basically you are just against Schwartz. Im not a Schwartz fan either, but if the D only allows 20 points I cant complain. SD put up 30 vs Seattle the week before. Rivers had more TDs and a higher completion %. If the Bills are going to face the better teams they have to score more than 20, like week 1. Edited by TheTruthHurts

Team Defense Rushing Yards/Attempt:

2013 - 4.4 Yrds/A - Rank #23

2014 - 3.3 Yrds/A - Rank #6

Team Points Allowed per game:

2013 - 24.3 - Rank #20

2014 - 17.3 - Rank #8

Forgot one

Pass yds per game

2013 - 204 - Rank #4

2014 - 267 - Rank #26

20 points to Chicago

10 points to Miami

20 points to San Diego.

That's a top 10 defense. Who cares if we give up 1000 yards a game?

If you can't score more than 20 points in 2014. That's an offense problem. The defense has been fantastic.

its amazing how little some fans understand football.

What about coming out at the half and staying on the field for something like 8 minutes

The offense was pathetic. EJ was pathetic. The game was right there for us even after the "8 minute drive". I would take allowing 20 points to San diego 10/10 times

Just for the record, the 2000 Ravens had a belief that if they could score 20 points, they could consider the game a win because opposing teams weren't going to score more than that.

As for the rankings of passing and rushing D, those don't matter. The points allowed however do.

Team Points Allowed per game:

2013 - 24.3 - Rank #20

2014 - 17.3 - Rank #8

If that held true for the whole season, and we stayed in the top 10 for least amount of points scored, then the D is not our problem. Long drives are our D's fault? how about the Offense having a long !@#$ing drive so the D can rest. The only thing that bothers me is how often we let teams out of 3rd and longs.

The defense was not great against Chicago. They bent but didnt break.

The defense was horrible against Chargers.

Same w/the Chargers, the Bills bent but didn't break. They held them to 2 FG's that could have been TD's. The one drive they stopped the Bolts in close. Overall, the Charger's only scored 2 TD's and 2 FG's... That's a TD and FG a half! Or somekind of scoring ONCE per quarter...

Sounds okay to me. 2 points of course if 100% hung on EJ.

Forcing one punt in 3 quarters of football is hardly doing enough to win any game. They were pathetic. The whole team was pathetic. Blaming one person or unit is pure silliness.

True. Any coach will tell you this is a team sport. You win as a team and you lose as a team.